Thursday, November 17, 2011

ThankFULL (get it) blog sale and random thoughts.







Hello to everyone! I hope that you all are having a wonderful day! It is cool and sunny here, no snow yet in sight. I wanted to thank everyone who came by, and does come by, lately, blogger is acting up for me at least. Today is the first time I have been able to download any pictures here.
I am still sick, not as bad as I was, but it's lingering. I have been still taking my herbs, and my Mucinex seems to really help. I have been daily cleaning things with Lysol wipes and trying to keep the soap dispensers full!
My youngest son has been sick as well, I am trying to get him to keep taking some of the medicine I have been taking. It's been about 20% successful! LOL!
I did manage to get out and get the groceries for the upcoming holiday. So~ the turkey is purchased! I have to work on the dreaded Black Friday, BUT the good news is I am on the early shift, so I will get done early and be out of the chaos!
I have been doing a few things~ tried re-arranging some things a bit, I am still not happy, but don't know if I will ever be! I think I am too much of a perfectionist and it has been REALLY hindering me.
I am still taking my Focus Factor~ I picked some up last week, I don't know if it will help or not, but I am willing to try anything relevant.  My attention span is HORRID, it is getting worse and worse.
I will keep you all posted there, if it works, the whole family will be taking it!
I have been creating some~ mostly trying to work on a few gifts for people in my life. I have a needle punch started, it's a folk art Santa. I started a snowman, we'll see how he turns out, and I have another thing in the works, but it involves mache.
I can't say I haven't done anything, just not much has fallen together yet. I have painted a shelf for the bathroom, I decided I didn't want the second bigger shelf in there, I like this one better for in here. So, it is black, have to wait for it to dry so I can stain it, also  in the market for finding someone reputable for doing our stairs. We pulled up our carpet a few years ago and did the hardwood floors, the stairs are builder grade. We are doing things here and there~ I said to the husband, "Well, since we are doing this, then the next thing I would like to do is put new linoleum in the kitchen and dining room~ BEFORE we put the trims down and all. See~ another project.
I also have the downstairs bathroom in the works, the dry sink is about to be built, I am very excited about this!
We also need a new sofa~ well ours is caving in~ it was my moms' old set, about 20 years old, but it's getting old. We went and looked at some, but I am still on the fence here. The man wants one that reclines, I have to listen because he lives here too. He pretty much lets me do what I want, within reason~ TEE HEE!
It only came in a forest green though, so I am not certain. Of course, he loves it.
I put most of the fall things away, and I am thinking about Christmas, but I will be optimistic and say it will be minimal, just because of my work, I am just TOO tired.
I did find these pictures that I hung up next to my stepback, of course they are second hand, but I REALLY like them! I am waiting to find a possible third one to place in the middle. I love the blue and cream.
I wanted to test the waters for doing a sale to purge some things. I am sort of doing this randomly~ if you need specific sizes, I will be happy to let you know.
I have this FAMILY wall quilt, it is by Honey and Me. It would retail for about 60.00 or so, I am asking $20.00, plus shipping.
The next thing up for sale is the black ANTIQUES sign, it  is by Sawdust City and retails for 30.00 I am asking 10.00 plus shipping.
Next up is a handmade Raggedy Ann, I didn't make her, but I think she's sweet. I am asking 8.00 plus shipping.
The pineapple plates and cup and saucer~ I have 4 of the plates, and three of the mugs and saucers, all by Honey and Me. Retailing for 16.95 each plate~ asking 5.00 plus shipping and the mugs retailing for 19.95, asking 7.00 each plus shipping.
I will combine on shipping and try and get the best rate I can. I accept money orders at this time, and pp.
I hope that you all are ready for Thanksgiving and enjoy the time with your family and friends.
I am making dinner for my family~ just the 4 of us and my elderly neighbor.
This is the time of year to reflect on all the blessings God has bestowed upon us. I ran into an old business associate of mine, and her daughter had passed away last October, in fact, she was just one year younger than myself, and she was also a business associate of mine. I had felt horrible because I hadn't been able to go to the funeral because I had found out too late, but this was the first time I had seen her in four years. As soon as we made eye contact, the tears started to flow right there in the produce section! Another associate of ours, also recently lost their young son, I told her "God has a plan through all this, he has something good in store". She felt this way as well, she said that since this time, they had had an outpouring of support and celebration of her life. She felt like maybe she could help this other associate get through this time, when it's still REALLY raw. We hugged, cried, laughed, and thankfully I had my kleenex supply in stock! It was much needed, I didn't care, I wanted to comfort her, it was an answer to prayer really, because I had felt guilt with not being able to attend or see Andrea when she was so bad off.
In all things give thanks~ even when it's the yuck of life, and believe me, we ALL go there from time to time.
Never doubt that God is in control, we all have the ability to have a relationship with him, it's whether or not we give him the chance that he so much deserves. I have had my battles with seasonal depression, family issues, etcetera~ it hasn't been easy or pleasant, but I do know there is always an end, one way or another, there is. The one thing I am grateful for is that he is there through it all!
Hang on to his promises!

6 comments:

  1. Oh~ see! I forgot to show you all my NEW faucet! I am SO happy to have a working faucet again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like all your tweaking. Hope you feel better soon. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering why that picture of your kitchen sink was in here! ;o) I SOOOO need one of those! Sounds like you're progressing along - perhaps not at leaps and bounds, but steadily nonetheless. Wish I could say the same - think I'm going in reverse. I'm just hoping we won't have black cats and jol's still up on Dec. 24th....Hope you get to feeling better - nothing worse than having to work and/or entertaining and putting on a holiday meal when you don't feel 100%. Take care Sweetie - Happy Friday....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee love the pineapple dishes!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful things! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee,

    Hope you're feeling better! I can't wait to see that dry sink! And I know what you mean about compromising on the couch. I'm the same way....Jason lets me do pretty much what I want but there are some things we definitely have to compromise on and after all, it is his house too and I respect that!

    How sweet of you to invite your elderly neighbor to your dinner too! You are such a compassionate person!

    And I too, will be one out on Black Friday. It's exhausting and crazy, but I love it! :)

    Happy Thanksgiving, Renee! :)

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete