Monday, January 17, 2011

Tuesday Musing~Sewn or stitched with love







I am excited to share this Tuesdays' Musing with everyone! Join Misi from 1890 Gable to find out more!
And, please continue to bear with me, I AM very technically challenged! I am trying, it's just not something that comes naturally to me. I am once again, posting early due to my work schedule, I figure it's better to be early than late whenever possible. I actually have a phobia about being late, that's another story!
Today's theme is "Sewn or stitched with love".
If you all didn't know by now, I have a deep love for dolls! I cannot help myself, I DO and have made other things, but these are always my favorite things to make.
I made the first gal about three years ago. She was inspired by my Grandma Wanda. Actually, if you'll notice, her name is on the "slate". She is a Sunday doll, my version anyhow. I placed her middle name first.
I used some old spindles for her legs. I lost my Grandma 5 years ago, we were very close, and I miss her dearly.
The next gal is named "Bola Ann". She is made with an old milk bottle, which I painted and grunged up. I like how she turned out. I like to experiment with different techniques.
I named this next one, "Sela". Don't ask where I get the names, they just sort of come to me. My girls usually tell me what and who they are going to be. I am not looney, at least I don't think I am! LOL! It's just how it's always been concerning my crafting abilities.
Now, I didn't make this next gal, I have had her since I was about 7 years old. My Mom knew someone that she worked with, and this lady made these. She ordered one for me, and I have had her all these years. She has seen better days, but I will keep her because she means so much to me. She used to have a little woven basket in her hands, long gone, I could replace it I suppose.
I think you all may know what the next gals are~ Raggedy Ann and Belindy! I made my version of a topsy-turvy doll, and I wanted to do them because I have a special place in my heart for both of these gals! I think they turned out decent for my first try, considering I didn't use a pattern.
I also didn't make this last item. This Christening gown I found at an antique shop back in September of last year. Someone made this, it's old, and I just adore it.
I just need to figure out where and how to display some of these things better! Sometimes, well ALOT of the time, especially lately, I have been having a hard time with displays. I never used to, and I have commented on this before, but it's true. It's like my brain just freezes or something!  I guess it's not going anyplace, so I will get it eventually. I hope.
I hope you enjoyed this weeks' musing. I will look foward to seeing everyone elses' as well.
Have a great day everyone!

14 comments:

  1. All of your dolls are wonderful. I love to make dolls when I can. Your christening gown is beautiful. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a weakness for dolls also, I have downsized alot, displaying only my very favorites now. Your collection is awesome. Thank you for sharing these photo's. Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pieces. I love the topsy turvey doll! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the topsy turvy dolls..LoL we had the same idea again.Make a stick hanger for the childs dress and hang it on a peg or hook.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no Renee ..you are not a loony at all ..your dolls have spirit and so they should have a name. Great names for such lovely creations! Your Topsy- Turvy with Belinda is my favorite!..I have not seen a Belinda in such a long time.
    Thank You for sharing with us today

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Renee
    I love the dolls!
    Your displays look wonderful!
    The Christening gown, just wonder don't ya who made it & who it was for, so precious!
    thanks for sharing
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love all your dolls! I had never heard of a topsy turvy doll before, now I've seen 2 today! Love yours too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Renee, The Christening gown is beautiful. Topsy turvy dolls are fun! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your day ~Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Renee, a wonderful collection of dolls!!! thanks for sharing! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your post as I too love dolls!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Renee, thanks so much for the compliments on the CS photos!!! I agree, my boys would of "tinkled" on the lace stuff too! Have a great day! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great collections of dolls. I love them all!

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Renee,
    I love dolls too, always have. Yours have such great personalities-and names! :) I think the topsy turvy is my favorite though...along with the sweet little gown. Some of those old gowns have the most amazing handwork on them, don't they? So glad you've shared a bit more of your home with us today!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I missed this. There is nothing wrong with your displays and your dolls are wonderful. I like that sampler too.
    betty

    ReplyDelete