Monday, January 24, 2011

Tuesday Musing~Obsessions.

This weeks' musing is Obsessions. Things that we may have a hidden admiration for. I had to really think for a bit. I am sorry, I don't have pictures for this, because I don't yet understand how to pull up pictures from other places. I have had some difficulty with pulling links up. It is very frustrating, and I am on the lookout for the book "Blogging for dummies".
I can think of one thing in particular that I have a hidden admiration for. It's something I have a bit of an obsession/fear/wonder for. I have had it since the summer of 1975, when the movie JAWS came into the scene! I have had an admiration for these creatures of the deep ever since, if there's ever anything on about sharks, I am watching it! LOL! I always thought I wanted to be a marine biologist, but you can't be afraid of the water! I am afraid of water, drowning, not seeing what's there. So that kinda dampens that dream, but it's still something I do think of often.
I almost drown as a child, so I have a fear of water, even still when I take a shower or bath, I feel my chest tighten when I have to get my hair and face washed.
My other hidden admiration is probably~ don't be shocked now! Tattoo artists. I do enjoy the art of this, would it shock you all to know, that yours truly has 2 tattoos? I love that they can nail a concept and capture it in a way that is special to the person receiving it. I enjoyed getting mine, I actually fell asleep. I wouldn't mind getting a third one. My concepts for the ones I have were in memorial to my family. I have one with a cross, dove, and my brother and grandmothers' initials. The second is Gods' hands and the book of life, my family's names are on the book. I am not one that would go and get 50 tattoos, I do like them, but not to that extreme. So, I hope you all learned a little bit about some of my Obsessions! LOL!
I'll look foward to hearing all of yours. Please check in with Misi over at 1890 Gable for more details!
I am once again posting early due to my work schedule.
Have a great day everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Renee~ That's is a surprise,never thought of you with a tattoo.LoL..Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee
    I was just about to say that this could be a blog hop type thing and that people should all write about their admirations/obsessions.
    BTW I have 7 tattoos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Renee
    Tatoo, ouch, is what I think of, pain! But Love water!

    And Silvia OUCH, Seven! too funny!LOL You girls are giving me goosebumps!( ok I am a whimp when it comes to pain, I admit it!)LOL

    Too funny isn't it!how people think differently!
    So interesting to know these things about you!
    I love this chain, hearing different things about people>>> so much fun!
    thanks for sharing!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved the water & always wanted to see the the under water world. Sharks are my most want to see. I dreamed of becoming a marine biologist but left that dream behind when I had my first child. I had two toddler cousins drown together. I never wanted my children around water from fear of drowning. My youngest now shares my obession of sharks & the under water world. He has mentioned being a marine biologist him self. I guess I can live my dream threw my child if he follows his dream. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee, When you find bloging for dummies, let me know I could use it too... Now tatoo... that is a art, I don't like needles so no way I could get one, but some of them are amazing! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well girl, we have learned a bit about you today. That is nice you can share. The people I know who have tattoos haven't been able to stop with one. My cousins wife has them all over, just loves them and I just love her. The sharks hhmmm. Stay out of the ocean. lol Have a great week.
    betty

    ReplyDelete