Tuesday, May 17, 2011
My potting shed and some blooms.
I thought I'd share some things that are starting to sprout more outside. I will have to take more pictures over the next few weeks, so much that is close to blooming, and others that are just appearing! So exciting! LOL!
I have many tulips and daffodils, these are some that have been blooming for about a week or so, I have more in front that just opened today. I'll share them another time. Over the weekend, on Sunday, basically I cleaned up alot of the perennials and also I know I have lots to do still. It really never ends, but I love it! Monday, I fertilized all my Hydrangeas~ I have a few varieties of them, I will post more pictures as time goes on, and IF you all promise NOT to laugh! I told you all I am a plant ADDICT! Ok~ so that's out in the open now! LOL!
Most normal people would probably prepare the beds FIRST and then buy the plants, NOT me! I fall in love and that is it! Well~ now though, I am alot better because I am on a strict budget, and I only have a few things I REALLY want this year, so I know at least two of them, I can get on sale, the third one, I will have to pay the price for it! It may have to wait. Anyhow, you will see what I mean~ I plant things and don't necessarily have the site prepped totally! I have alot of sod to get rid of, and the method I am doing is time consuming, BUT worth it, because it does indeed work. We mow, and bag it, and dump along the areas we want the grass to die~ so far I have done quite a bit along the back, but I still have some things I need to kill! So~ I have a long ways to go!
I will have to take pictures of all my peonies as they start to bloom, I counted them all and I have 31, I think! I have one tree peony which is still a wee babe~ this year may yield a few blooms, but it will get to five feet tall eventually, and I think it has yellow flowers. The one I really long for is a fern leaf peony, they are a tad pricey though. They stay smaller, actually the foliage is quite pretty, and they are the first ones to bloom. I am also experimenting with sowing my own peonies~ which will take YEARS, but when it comes to this, I got patience! In the last picture, I thought I'd show you more of my Candytuft, it's blooming more now, it's really pretty! My little crab tree will be flowering soon, I will show you when it does. I got all the trees fertilized for the year now, so I can chalk that off now.
This is the inside of my potting shed, it's not that organized, but I admit, I have trouble with organization. I just don't know if I ever will be. I have alot to do, but I painted it all last year, that WAS a job! I am so grateful to have it though. I need to get stuff better situated. On the side there, you can see I have a cage~ that is around my Autumn Bittersweet vine. It's a babe too, and I have to cage lots from the bunnies right now. You can see my little mini greenhouse there, I know I need to get going, but it's been cold and rainy here! See that red/white birdhouse? Well I am planning to protect it with poly, and then paint a post and sink it with concrete and place that on top secured down someplace, I haven't decided where yet. I was thinking of getting more Clematis to plant along with the bittersweet. I don't know yet. Also trying to plan on where to put my new things I just got this weekend. I have much that is still not blooming, hope I am not boring you all.
I was glad my swap arrived to Robin over at the Primitive Hutch! I am so thankful to have made a new friend! I am glad she liked everything. Thanks Amy!
So far, I only have two signed up for the PIF challenge. I have room for three more! This doesn't have to be all right away, it can be over a period of a few months, after all, we want them to be a little surprised! I know there LOTS of talented ladies out here, and I know many of us are watching our purse strings now, but I think if we put some thought into it, it can REALLY make someones' day much brighter! I noticed I am 20 followers away from reaching 100. Is that too early to notice? I was thinking about maybe doing something like a giveaway perhaps. We shall see when I reach that.
If I haven't lost everyone, I want to thank you all for visiting me here, I have made so many wonderful new friends! Primitive gals and guys are the sweetest folks around (for the most part). I feel like I really am a part of your happenings in your lives, it is nice to have people to share with!
God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I never get tired of seeing gardens & flowers. The more the better. I hate to see bare soil. Your garden is coming to life with your blooms. It has been nice to find your blog. Sharing the same intrest in gardening & your potting shed. I use grass clippings to start new beds to. I am sure you will get things organized in your potting shed as the summer goes by. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteLara
Hi Renee, your yard is looking so pretty!! I love your potting shed!! The rock beds look great and I love the gravel walkway with the rocks. I never tire of seeing your pics. I too am so thankful for all my blog friends. Have a great day!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Lorna
I love your little potting shed and your flowers are beautful, sure looks like you have a green thumb! Hugs, Lecia
ReplyDeleteLove your little potting shed.I need to get busy too been nothing but rain here.I loved the pumpkin doll you sent robin.I agree blogging is like visting with old friends.Hugs Sis!~Amy
ReplyDeleteI agree with all the others Renee ... love that potting shed! I'd like to have something like that here. Oh so much I'd like to have ... lol! What is that Welcome sign you have on the screen door? I can't see it enough to read it. I think I may have seen a couple of those gardening implements before??? Everything looks like it's growing beautifully! Did you have a chance to see the photos I sent you the other day of my pathetic place? Blessings, Shirlee
ReplyDeleteLove the potting shed!!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful evening~Becky
Your yard is amazing! I loved your pictures. I have a brown thumb and everything I grow has to be so hardy! Love it all and can't wait to see more.
ReplyDeletebetty
Hello Renee!
ReplyDeleteTheCrankyCrow here! Glad I finally found you and your blog (had to do it the hard way, as my followers never show for me....) Anywhohow - I'm glad I did - I'm enjoying your blog and hope to get to know you better.....1 follower closer to 100! Smiles & Hugs, Robin