So that is off my chest now! I mowed the grass today too, I felt just horrible because I accidently ran over one of the toads with the mower! Didn't see him, I try to watch out for them. There's a few things blooming here, yesterday, my yellow Iris opened up. I love them! Also, my Dwarf Korean Lilac is starting to bloom, I just looked and saw that I now have two babies that have shot off of here, so I have to find places for them! There's some other tulips and daffies that I have in front. Roses are greening up and leafing out, peonies are going to be blooming soon. More pictures later. Clematis ready to bloom soon. See how much work I have yet to do? All that grass that needs to go! The trampoline will be gone this weekend! I will be organizing my garage this weekend. I have a friend coming over that I work with and well, they don't have a lot, so I THINK my primitive taste has started to rub off on her! LOL! She has been such a good friend to me, and she's a new gardener too, so I have double duty here! Anyhow, she is coming over because I have been going through some of my garden books and magazines, I will give them to her, and I am giving her some perennials too, and I told her she could shop for some goodies for their new house. She is like a sister to me, since I AM the oldest! LOL! Oh~ I forgot to mention, my little crabtree is blooming too! Isn't it pretty?
I did get all my stuff planted the other day, I will post pictures as they bloom. I am certain most of us know about all the bad storms that have been going on. I feel heart broken for them too. I think sometimes we have to step back a bit from things and ask what can we do? I will keep mine to myself, but the Lord knows my intent. It is hard to see these things happening, but we must know that God is in control, he has a plan, and even when things are tough, we have to trust him fully! Not easy to do all the time, but I heard Charles Stanley today say that God didn't promise life to be without problems, I know first hand, and I have my share too! BUT, he said that God is always there with us, and that we have these times to grow and learn, and I do believe that too, and you just never do know who you may help along the way. I have my battle with seasonal depression, there are days, I can barely make it through one more day of winter here! I have decided to pray about some things and I believe God will help me with this and find a solution somewhere. We are all having to pinch pennies and some of us more than others, again, I am placing my trust that he will make a way for us to have a solution! Sending you all big hugs! Thanks for visiting!
Love your gardens! They are beautiful. I like Charles Stanley. The last conversation I had with my Mother she was talking about the sermon she'd heard him preach that night on TV. God promised He would not leave us comfortless and He won't. See ya
ReplyDeletebetty
Visiting your gardens & seeing all you have planted & the blooming is exciting. Sounds like you are as busy as me. Oh it is so fun. I found a tree to replace the one that died. I am working on hanging the baskets in the gazebo this week. Oh poor little toad. Sam & I gather them & bring them to the garden pond. They are so fun to watch. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteLara
Renee ... Your gardens/yard are absolutely gorgeous! I know how you feel about mowing over that little toad. I mowed over one as well ... not this last time but the time before. Like you, I keep my eyes open for critters in the grass but I never saw him. I felt so bad : ( Today it promises to be an un-rainy day here so John & I will get out & plant some ... hopefully all ... of the trees we've got. I think the flowers can wait a bit more if need be. Blessings, Shirlee
ReplyDelete