Saturday, August 27, 2011
Today was a big day! My swap with Angie too!
Well, I know this day was a long one! LOL! It was a big day for our oldest son, he will move on to the next phase of life, and for all of us, many changes are occurring. I have to often remind myself that although life does constantly change, the one thing that does not change is the Lord. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He must have something valuable to teach me, because lately, I have really struggled with my attitude at my job. Some of you know I work retail~ I will not say who I work for, but let me say, if you haven't worked retail, rethink your views on what the workers there contend with. I won't even go on that tangent! LOL! I could write a book! Well~ it's my co-workers, a few in particular, it just seems like there are rules and then there are rules that don't apply to certain people. You get where I am heading with this? One is a favorite~ again~long story~ BUT yours truly is only HUMAN and ONLY A WOMAN as my oldest son likes to razz me with from time to time, I get a little peeved and that is putting it nicely! I am just tired and burned out, and I have no more to give at my job, I have asked to be moved several times, denied all the times, SO talking to managers does nothing. I think why am I in this situation? I just want to work and go home. So~ I tell the Lord, Lord help change me, you aren't going to change these people, maybe he is, I don't know what his plan is, but I know I have had it! LOL! So say a prayer for me if you all don't mind.
Ok~ onto the party. I have been running like a chicken without a head! Look at my son~ I cut his hair, the only cut I can give is a military hiney! LOL! He's a good kid though, he puts up with me! We had a lot of people, around 60, and they all came at the same time! I hadn't enough chairs, but we made do, and it worked out!
One highlight was Kyle sitting in my BIL' truck. He LOVES that truck! Uncle obliged him to take some photos.
He will have his car soon, he just needs more driving and to take his test, but really he isn't that motivated to drive.
Then~ I got home from work on Friday night, and saw a box out the corner of my eye. I was too tired to open it, so I sat down finally and opened it! My swap from Little Raggedy Angie! The great pumpkin swap~ hosted by Amy from Bumblebee Lane~another great pal! Anyhow, LOOK at all these goodies! I got lots of them~ and Amy, I think we can work something out with the Patriotic gals~ give me a few days! (WINK)
I did get inspired to do a little fall decorating~ I have to keep it simple right now~ it's about all my poor brain can handle! See the scarecrow make-do? LOVE! and the pumpkin and see the crow there~ I hung him in front on the cupboard door. Plus, I have all these other beauties~ some candle holders~ LOVE! A Raggedy head! Some stockings in blue! A little runner that says BREAD. How appropriate! A candle and some fixins that smell wonderful! A nice runner and some cloths too. If I forgot anything, I am sorry, it was a good swap and I liked everything, so thank you from my heart! Angie is a sweet gal, and I have had a blast getting to know her, and I think that she is a very loving and caring woman! Hey MR~ you know all that right? LOL!
I thought I would humbly post a picture of me and Zipper. This is me~ about 25 pounds heavier than I used to be! You quit one habit, you gain another. What is up with that? LOL! This is old worn out me! Zipper was happy though, purring away! He is a mommys' boy! The other picture is my dining room, I need to clean my cupboard out, I am thinking of just starting from scratch~ but I plan to start my bathroom renovation soon, so I am not sure if I will get to it or not. I put a big pot up there~ I like it, but the thing is there isn't much space for anything too tall, so I thought if I found some faux pumpkins maybe? I don't know yet.
Well~ if I haven't lost you all, I appreciate you stopping by. I hope I am not too boring to you all, I can't seem to always come up with interesting things to post on either, but I am real, this is me, my life.
Keep those on the coast in prayer, devastating what is happening. Lord have mercy on us all.
God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Renee - you and your Zipper look so sweet....And if you're 25 pounds heavier, then I say you probably needed the extra pounds....you don't look overweight to me! Loving all your goodies from Angie - she is such a special little raggedy - and love what she stitches up.....So much fun to have a little of her love in your home. And congrats to Kyle - what a special day for him! (But he sure looks some kind of SERIOUS!! Yikes!) ;o) Praying for you and your work situation - never easy to keep going back to a place fraught with tension and unease....Take care...Hugs ~ Robin
ReplyDeleteHey Renee!
ReplyDeleteI hope you get everything figured out at work, I worked retail for years and fully understand. Don't just talk to your managers go see H.R.
Congrats to Kyle, I'm glad he had a wonderful celebration!
Look at all those wonderful goodies you got from Angie! Enjoy!
I'm so jealous everyone is starting to put out there fall things ~ I don't have the time right now ~ way to busy. Yours looks great!!!
Will be thinking about you ~ keep in touch.
Prim Blessings
Robin
Hi Renee, You and Zipper look cute - I agree you look like you must have needed the 25 pounds cause you look good! Your swap looks awesome :) where did you get the sweet standing Annie? I love her! Looks like you did a great job on Kyle's party! Your dining room looks so cute- makes me wish mine looked more prim! Praying for everyone on the coast! Stay safe my friend!
ReplyDeletelove the swap you did with angie..and I love your prim home and love that "roach" truck..and your kitty is precious..I hope things get better at work for you..I am sure it is women you work with and they are sooooooo petty..I love working with men..have a wonderful sunday;)
ReplyDeleteThanks girls for coming by! I will get back with you as I can. It was a busy day!
ReplyDeletehi, Renee
ReplyDeleteI agree with the gals ~ the 25 pounds looks great on you!!!!Zipper is so cute!!!
Sounds like a fun filled day~ Congrats to Kyle!!!
Wonderful swap from sweet Angie!!!
Prayers for you with your situation~
smiles
Teresa
Renee ... First of all, congratulations to your handsome son! I wish him much success in his life : ) I also think you look cute in your photo with Zipper. (Yes, Zipper looks cute too.) I enjoyed seeing all the photos, especially the ones of your home. I've never seen those areas before. You have a great knack for decorating. One of these days I'm just going to come knock at your door & whisk you away to my home so you can make something wonderfully prim from all the mish-mash of stuff I have : ) I love your dining table & that doll hanging from the hutch door ... the one with the little embroidery hoop. Is that a store-bought or did someone make her? Love-love-love her : ) Great swap items from Angie as well! Now that this weekend is over it is time for you to relax ... you've more than earned it! I will pray for you to keep strong at work & that God will intervene in your situation. Blessings, Shirlee
ReplyDeleteSis~ Kyle a man you should be proud.Congrats to him on graduating! The truck is cool.His haircut makes him look older.Great so many people showed but I know it must of been exhausting just take a deep breath it's done now.Well I agree with Robin go to HR request to be moved.I know it's hard dealing with those "type" of people but they are everywhere as long as you do your job don't worry with them.If they insist on bothering you just tell them I'm here to make a living as a adult not play childish high school games with you and go about your business.If they continue to bother you report it.Your boss should see your performance and understand.If push comes to shove you can always file a complaint with corparate.I had to do it once my manager harrased me endlessly. Goodies from angie are sweet love the crow hanger.The cupboards are beautiful.Your house is lovely.Hugs!~Amy
ReplyDeleteRenee, what 25 lbs shoot woman YOU LOOK FABULOUS!:0) That however is one big beautiful furbaby! I just wish I coulda put more in your box , but Im glad you like it all , I know I loved all mine , thanks for being such a great swap partner and a new friend! congrats to your son ! now Kick back and relax n recover a bit ! As for the job been there done that Im praying for ya retail is a hard job anyway let alone if you have issues ! And your house is so fabulous! Love it ! you can come decorate mine anytime ! Have a great day ! hugs lil raggedy angie
ReplyDeleteLove the photos. Congrats to your son. Things will come together for you on your job. It can be very difficult at times. You have the right mindset. Give it time. Wising you all the best! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteOh girl I've done the retail thing. I hated it!!! There were always different rules for different people an the hours are terrible. I was put in a situation where I would be blamed and fail miserably. My nerves were so bad that I would talk about work in my sleep. uggghhhh....
ReplyDeleteI don't want to even think about my kids moving out. Though secretly somedays I wish they would. LOL.
Hang in there my friend.
Love your truck. I can picture you driving in it. So cool. Wonderful swap items. Congrats to your son. I have three driving now. Always a worry. Once worked in retail. I am not a people person when there is conflict. I pray God moves & works things out for you at work & safety for the new driver. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteLara
Oh Renee, first congrats to son!!! how exciting!!!!
ReplyDeleteNow for retail, I feel for you, I have done some type of retail on and off for years... UGH! Thinking of you, have a glass of wine or a peice of that chocolate cake! OLM
Congratulations to your son...I love that truck! I love all old trucks, actually! I think I might want one for my first vehicle...I even have the model and year picked out AND the color! Girls always plan ahead! :)
ReplyDeleteSorry for taking so long to get back with you about the hairbows! I have a few more that I have made and that have been donated. Please email my mama at countrygirlathome@att.net and we will email you photos of the rest of the bows.
God bless you!
Joy