Saturday, August 13, 2011

Zipper says Hello~and a shot of insulators.



I hope that everyone is having a good Saturday. It is my weekend to work so I have to get ready in a bit here.I had forgotten to share a picture of my humble little insulator collection. I have found most of them at thrifts. If I find anymore, I will have to find another spot for them.
Thought I would share a few shots of Zipper. He is a silly boy~ he lays down to drink water! LOL! Aside from when he is trying to drink from any of the sinks or tubs! He has a major water fetish! You may wonder why he has a lid for his water~ well~ that is because no matter what we have tried, he dumps the water any other way, I have used stainless steel, plastic, you name it, I have done it. I have wondered if he can't see it. Anyhow~ he is a mommy's boy for sure. He will be turning five in October. We don't know his actual birthday, he was dropped at the Humane Society. He waits for me when I get home, he knows the sound of my car. So hilarious. He is well loved by the entire family.
I am hoping to get my husband to help me complete a few things. He has been working long hours, but maybe tomorrow he will give me a little time. I need his muscle~mine is pretty good, but not good enough for this one! LOL!
It's raining here, cooler too. I think fall will come early.
I am planning to take 6 days off next month and that is in a row~ I find out tonight if I am right about my schedule. I am SO looking forward to that! Let me tell you! LOL!
Hope everyone gets to do something fun this weekend.

9 comments:

  1. aww Zipper is too funny and adorable ! Fudge likes to lay down and drink alot too , I love all your insulators , wow you have a great collection of them ! have a great weekend! Im off to stitch ! hugs lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Renee & Zipper~
    Zipper is a cutie~ great insulator collection~
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a beautiful boy you have there Renee..he is gorgeous!!! ours love to drink from the sink and tub too..some let it run off their heads..while others dip their paws in the stream and drink..hope your work day goes fast and you can enjoy your weekend..I will be mailing off your goodies on monday.>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I collect insulators, too! I love the history. I find them anywhere fro a quarter to 5 bucks. I only buy the ones on the low end.
    Our neighbors used to have a dog named Zipper--they look nothing alike. In fact, I much prefer your Zipper....
    Every cat we ever had drank from the sink......
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zipper is a handsome boy! We used to make tea light holders out of the blue/green insulators.I hope you get your 6 days off it'll be nice for you to have some extra time.Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zipper is so cute and I know he is well loved! You have such a nice collection of insulators, I hope you get your days off and totally enjoy every minute! Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, well, well....I see that Zipper is very well cared for indeed....looks like a pretty big boy! ;o) My Sasha is nutty for water too - follows people to the bathroom and taps them on the shoulder if they don't turn on the water for him....But laying down to drink??? uh...no...what's up with THAT??!! Silly boy!! Hope your work day went by fast and you're enjoying the evening!! Good luck with your schedule!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kitty named Zipper is so sweet. LOL lays down to drink. My cat has to drink from the faucet. Every morning he races me to the bathroom and jumps on the sink.
    What a pretty color!
    I love cats!
    Insulator collection is very nice and a cool way to display it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zipper is a cutie!
    What a neat collection!
    Hope you get to have your little vacation!
    Enjoy your day!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete