Monday, July 11, 2011

What makes my heart skip a beat?











Wanna know what makes this old gals' heart skip a beat or two? LOL! Well, OLM~ Marie wants to know too! This is an interesting twist to her giveaway! I love her creations, but regardless if I win or not, I don't mind sharing with a lot of great friends the things I am passionate about!
One of the things that makes my heart skip a few beats~ is the man in the potting shed! That is my hubby~ John, he's a good man, and I love him very much, we have been through so much together, and he LOVES me for me even with all my clutter! LOL! PS~ I think I have also rubbed off on him some though! 
The next two things that make my heart skip a few beats are my handsome boys! I was told I couldn't have children, so they were both surprises, and also for those of you that don't know, both of our boys are in the Autism spectrum, it's been both a challenge and a privilege to be their mom! I guess God knew we could handle it, so I like to think some things I have been through helped prepare me for this part of my life~and both my boys are born in August~won't reveal the dates, but they are 4 years and 4 days apart, Kyle is our oldest, he will be 18! Gasp! Brandon, our youngest will be 14 and he was born on our anniversary to boot!
They are both amazing kids, I love them so much and am very proud of them!
Another thing that makes my heart skip a beat or two, is gardening! I love, love, love it! It is the place I feel most at ease, I am not a foo-foo kind of gal, you are most likely to see me with dirt all over and paint or whatever on my person! I am trying to create a cottage style garden and also a place for the birds to enjoy as well. I am pretty much a confessed addict! There could be worse things I guess!
I also skip a few heartbeats when it comes to primitives and folk art! I have always loved old things all my life, but I never really got heavily into much until we actually moved into our home that we now have. I think I was too preoccupied with the boys, and even the first few years, there wasn't much here decor wise, but I started leaning towards prims in 2001 for certain.
I love dolls~ raggedies, Belindys, any type of doll really, it's a "feeling" they speak to me I guess, I love creating too, and love the thrifting and making over things too. Right now, I have just been focused on trying to clear out some great things that I just don't have space for. I make a lot of my own dolls, and I like to punchneedle, rug hook, and play with mache and clay occasionally. I like to do lots of things. See that Raggedy Andy doll in Brandon's room? My Grandma made that for him, she made all of us grandkids a set of Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls one year, I had mine until they were both lost in a flooding at my moms'. When I look at that Andy, my heart skips a beat because I am brought back to my childhood and fond memories of her!
Hearts also make my heart skip a beat! I love them! You can see I have them throughout my home, which you aren't seeing much of because it's MESSY right now! LOL! Hearts are kind of my signature I guess, anytime I ever make any dolls, someplace on them a heart will appear, it's true! I take this as my signature because I make each one with love and from my heart!
So, now you all know some of the things that make my heart skip a beat!
Good luck to everyone, and thanks OLM! She's one special gal!

16 comments:

  1. Lotsa great reasons for a heart to skip a beat , thanks for sharing and good luck in the give away ! hugs lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post, I love to hear love stories like yours, it is so awesome for people to be married and still have that special love. And I am so glad that you are blessed with two awesome sons. My one grandson has an antisocial disorder, which the Dr's had thought it to be some form of autuism. He is special in his own special way. And I am glad he is who he is.
    Your home is lovely, love your garden and your raggedies. Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lecia ... what a lovely post! You have a lot to be thankful for. Don't blame your heart for skipping a beat or two because of it : ) Blessings, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee your post is so sweet!!1 You have a blessed family.
    I love to garden too and mine isn't foo foo either. I plant what I like and walk around and around wondering where to put it. I wish I could spend more time in the garden but that will come soon enough..and I love the birds! I can sit and watch them for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee, A WOnderful post!!!! I am so glad I thought of this, Though I maybe should of bought more kleenex today!!! LOL!!! Great job with your boys and the homestead... Saw your last post, you have been a busy girl... Jealous there... with my back this year, my flower gardens have so suffered! Thanks again for jioining in my prim friend!!!! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee what an awesome post! Your family is special treasure from heaven .You are right God blessed you with your boys because he knew that you and your hubby were the right parents for the job.Your garden is just lovely ,wish mine looked a good.I wish you all the luck in the world for OLM's giveaway.Thanks for sharing your story.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your post & your pics!! Your family sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great post. I am so glad I waited to read other posts until I already had mine done. Yours is sweet and sincere TFS!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful post Renee!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed this post. You have a beautiful family and home! I love a lot of the same things, except gardening. It's too hot where I live to be outside much in the summer. The heat & humidity just doesn't agree with me. LOL!
    Have a great week ad good luck with the give away!
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post Renee I am enjoying everyones heart skipping tales.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rennee~
    love the post & the photos are wonderful~
    Good luck on the giveaway!!!
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked reading this so much. You have so much to make your heart skip a beat!
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post Nae-Nae!!! You have some great "lovelies" in your home....nice taste!! And we know you're a wonderful gardener....I agree that you were specially chosen as parents for these two wonderful boys - and have been a blessing to them....Keep skipping beats friend...Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet and lovely post!! You have a lovely home and family, I can see why it all makes your heart skip a beat....or two.8-)
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post Renee!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Enjoy your day~Becky

    ReplyDelete