Saturday, July 9, 2011

Look what the cat drug home?


Hope you all aren't melting in this heat! I love summer, but I don't love a 70 dewpoint! It is SO hopt outside, and I was helping my VERY awesome husband place pavers in the one side of the garden, it's a long one, like  72 feet long! YIKES! Some of it was already done, but we live on a tight budget, so it's save and do, save and do. Believe it or not, I forgot I had a Lowes' giftcard! And guess what? It had enough to pay for all the pavers we needed! I helped some, but then John said, you go in, you look miserable. This means a payback somewhere down the road! LOL!
So I am sitting here taking a break. I will start supper soon. I also wanted to share a surprise, I am sure you see this Settee, that is what it's called, but I saw it over a few weeks ago, and well, I just couldn't stop thinking about it! I really didn't have the money to buy it, but I thought I would ask this consignment shop if they would do a sort of lay-away. The plan was to pay half and go back next week and pay the rest and bring it home. She said they don't normally do that, but a sale is a sale, so she said alright.
Well, I asked my elderly neighbor if she wanted to go along and just get out for a bit. She said sure, so I picked her up and off we headed to this place. We got there and it was in the back~ Cheryl says~ "This is you, this needs to go home with you" then she says "Why wait until next week, we are here, let me pay the difference and you can pay me back". I tell you I almost started to cry right there!
I wasn't looking for this, but it was one of those things that just stayed in your mind! I don't know what brand it is, I am alright with whatever it is, because it's very folk art to me, and I love folk art!
It's a tad narrow~ like a true settle bench~ so now the big question~ WHERE TO PUT IT? LOL!
I have some things in mind, BUT it will take me a bit to get them done, and I am very motivated, it's just hard when you have the job I have sometimes! Anyhow, I brought it in the downstairs, and of course, Zipper had to check it out! He will most likely be resting on it too.
I was going to paint my floor in my potting shed, but NOT in this heat! So that will wait a bit longer~ I will get it done! The next project for hubby will be the pond set that we got from his brother! It's brand new and they never used it! So it's going behind the shed because it's always so wet there, and we can't plant anything, so we will put a pond there instead, and maybe a fountain in there! He also brought me home a cute vintage fan! I will have to take a photo of it, it's robins' egg blue, and it works too! We also got the ceiling fan installed, and he had to reroute the controller because the lights would just come on when you were in a dead sleep! LOL! Not really, I am crabby if I don't get at least 5 hours! He got that taken care of though, love that fan!
Well, I suppose I have rambled on enough, but I am looking forward to getting some things done here. I also told him I want to build a few things~ gotta save for that. Getting the garage cleaned out~ still a work in progress, but I took 5 more boxes today! You can walk in there somewhat now, still a ways to go.
I hope everyone is enjoying the dog days of summer.
God bless!

8 comments:

  1. Great settee Renee & what a great friend/neighbor to help you get it home quickly : ) Can't wait to see a picture when you decide where it will look best! Blessings, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee... WHOOHOO!!!! Love it!!!! It's so funny you dragged that home... go read my blog and see what I dragged home yestarday!!! HEHEHE!!!! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the settee! How kind of your neighbor.I really like the fabric it is done in too.Can't wait to see where you put it.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet, caring, neighbor you have....Hope you enjoy your new treasure and find the perfect spot for it...Stay cool! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet gesture.Love the pattern reminds me of new england.I'm not liking the heat much sooo thankful for air conditioning...smile...Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like that settle and you have a sweet neighbor. I bet though that was a way to repay you for some things you have done for her! You are so making progress! I am proud.lol
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful thing for your neighbor to do! Stay cool~we're also in the middle of a heatwave with dew points in the 70's.

    Enjoy your Sunday~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renee,
    you GO GIRL! I woulda drug that home too, LOVE IT! What a sweet neighbor you have there! i dont know how many times a gift card has helped me on a home redo but Im grateful when it does. What a trooper the hubby is but i agree Im sure it will cost ya later some way, its a man thing!lol I think you may have to fight the furbaby to sit on your new treasure as it looks to be already claimed! i hope you have a great day and can manage to stay cool in this awful heat! hugs lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete