Sunday, January 23, 2011
Some weekend projects
Happy Sunday Afternoon to everyone. It has been very cold here, and I am just tired of it!
I decided that I needed to finish some things up that I started on. Some of these, I have had for a bit, well, actually, I have had the ideas and the materials, just never got around to tackling them!
You all know, I love the bears. I bought this material over a year ago, and it's just been in my craft room waiting for me, just like many other things.
I have wanted to try making a bear or two, so I thought, what the heck? I'll give it a shot, so I looked at some of the bears I have here, and drew out the pattern for him. I sewed it all and stuffed with rags and scrap material I had in a bag. Then I added the facial details, and grunged him. It was a bit challenging to grunge him because of the nature of the material. I don't think he looks too bad for my first one out of this type of material. I have made some out of muslin before, but I sold every one of them.
This next piece was a thrift store find. It was painted with some very cutsey stuff on it, and I am not a cutsey kind of gal, so I sanded it, painted it black, then did a top coat of brown, stained it, sealed it, and added this little saying that I thought of awhile back. I will get these little ditties that come to me, and I write them down in a notebook. I hate to even have to say it, but please don't use the sayings I have come up with without asking me. I MAY decide to come up with something for them later on, and they are my thoughts.
I always try and respect other artists, so I appreciate the same courtesy.
I have a few other things to share, but they will have to wait for another post. I am waiting for the one item to dry still, and the other, I am waiting for my husband to grace me with his presence! LOL! When you work third shift, your sleeping patterns aren't normal.
I know this isn't typical to add on here, but I am wondering about what type of garbage disposals do some of you ladies have, and do you like them? You're wondering why I am asking this question~ we are in the market for a new one soon. I have been researching, and then I thought, why not ask you all too!
Ours kicked the bucket awhile ago now, and well, it's a challenge, even if you scrape all the food off, it still manages to get icky fast. I cannot take it much longer.
So I hope you all have a great day, and enjoy what's left of it!
Thanks for visiting me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Renee, I love how the bear turned out. I have not yet tried to make a bear yet. But I may try soon since I have a grandbaby on the way. I have been collecting bears for the room I was decorating for the baby. Also wanted to thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it is nice to know I not just talking to myself. Yes its been cold here too, I have been working on rabbits today trying to get a jump on spring. Have a great day. Vicky
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by!
ReplyDeleteI love your little bear--very prim and cute, too.
See, you can be cutesy. : )
Very nice makeover. I love buying things at Goodwill and making them over. It makes me feel good knowing I am saving money and gaining satisfaction.
Never had a garbage disposal. Everyone I know that has one, has had trouble with it at one time or another. Guess I'm hopelessly old-fashioned.
On a positive note---it is 18' here today and almost tolerable after days of single digits.
To realize
The value of a sister/brother
Ask someone
Who doesn't have one.
To realize
The value of ten years:
Ask a newly
Divorced couple.
To realize
The value of four years:
Ask a graduate.
To realize
The value of one year:
Ask a student who
Has failed a final exam.
To realize
The value of one month:
Ask a mother
Who has given birth to a premature baby..
To realize
The value of one week:
Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.
To realize
The value of one minute:
Ask a person
Who has missed the train, bus or plane.
To realize
The value of one-second:
Ask a person
Who has survived an accident.
Time waits for no one.
Treasure every moment you have.
You will treasure it even more when
You can share it with someone special.
*Linda*
Good Sunday to you Renee:) Lovely blog. Your new olden bear is perfect! I love it. Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm happy to have you follow.
ReplyDeleteCarol
That bear is AWESOME!!!!!! I am in love. Wow, he looks like he is 100 years old....and that is a good thing! Love the rabbit sampler too. Great job on both. We are in a deep freeze here in Ontario too. Then to make things better, it is playoff time, so we get to sit in an even colder hockey arena:)
ReplyDeleteOMG I love your bear, they look so hard to make, I wouldn't even attemp to try!!! I love the rabbit to, you are one awesome crafter!!! Hugs, Lecia
ReplyDeleteHe looks like a well loved treasure.Good job girl.I got a project finished last night involved sewing (I don't like sewing) I was sooo excited how it turned out and that it was finished finally.Hubby just looks at me and says Yeah it's cute.Grrrr.Hope you have a great week! Warm Blessings!~Amy
ReplyDeleteLove your sweet bear...and enjoyed reading your post on faith ...blessings on your week...Shelley
ReplyDeleteHi Renee, love the bear!! He looks well loved.8-) Cute idea for the bunny too!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!!
Blessings,
Lorna
hi, Renee,
ReplyDeleteLove the Bear, totally love him! I say you are in business, start making them & selling them!
Adorable little fellows! I think I need one or two!LOL
Teresa
Thanks ladies! I do love making things, I have a great time doing it. I will consider this further, I have been requested several times for patterns or selling my creations, kinda nervous though. So much talent out there.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to show you the other thing! Taking a bit for it to dry though.