Dan, over at Yesterday Once More, has challenged us to ponder a word of the week.
This week, the word is Faith.
As I have thought about this since I read his post, faith is many things to many people.
But what does faith mean? Faith~ strong belief or trust. belief in God. a system of religious beliefs. loyalty or duty to a person or thing.
Sometimes, people have a hard time having faith in something or someone they cannot physically see or touch. They need proof.
When I think about this, I recall the story of Job. Job was a wise, good, God fearing man. God truly blessed him because Job was obedient to his word. Satan of course, couldn't stand this, and wanted to test Job. Overnight, it seemed, Job lost everything he ever had. His family, his home, his animals, his health. But Job STILL had faith, he never cursed God, he STILL thanked him in spite of it all, AND because if this, God blessed him even more!
Did Job ever physically "see" God? No, but he knew God was real, he experienced Gods' love and mercy, he saw that God looks out for the best interests of others, he heard Gods' still voice. He trusted and had faith when others' scoffed at him.
One of my favorite quotes about faith is this~ " When you come to the edge of all the light you have known and are about to step out into the darkness, faith is knowing one of two things will happen... There will be something to stand on, or you will be taught to fly."
My faith is very strong, right now, I have been going through some very tough things, things that aren't in my control, not that I have it to start with. I do get discouraged at times, I am human, as we all are. Life isn't always easy, I am realistic that way, but I have had my share the past few years, and I am ready for some light at the end of this tunnel. Even though I am in a bit of darkness, I STILL have faith that God is looking out for my family, and myself. His word promises that he will never leave us or forsake us. I hold onto that promise, believe me.
When I look around, even though I cannot see God, I see his hands everywhere. In the trees, the sky, the sun, and moon and stars, and his greatest creation, me and you! We don't always honor him in the ways that we should, it breaks his heart, BUT again, I have FAITH in knowing that God is merciful and so very forgiving (Thank you father). Each day is new, and my slate is clean, and I can get up and start once again to try and show a little of him inside myself.
I hope that we all can have more faith in our heavenly father, he is certainly deserving of so much more than we can ever ask from him.
I look foward to reading what Faith means to some of you.
Blessings
Beautiful post Renee! Warm Blessings!~Amy
ReplyDeleteWell said Renee!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Lorna
Renee~
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post! Thank you for participating in my word of the week. It is so true, we may not see God, but we can see and feel His influence everyday. He is always leading us in the right direction and He will never leave us or forsake us.
I hope you have a good day!
~Dan~
One of my favorite scriptures is in John where He said," I will not leave you comfortless". That has sustained me so often.
ReplyDeletebetty