Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dreaming of hearts and Spring


Good morning everyone! I was sort of inspired to start with a tad of Spring in the home. This is what I have done so far, I am working on some other areas, but they are not finished yet. This one isn't really either, but it's a start! I also finished up my ticking hearts, I really love them! This tote is huge, and one of the things I have been wanting to do is make some rag balls for it, so that is one of the other things I have started.
All the hearts I am seeing lately have been really inspiring!
And I am going to pick up some joint compound this week, so I can at LEAST make a start on the bathroom. I'll be testing some patterns out on sample sheets of cardboard before I do the actual ceiling, I haven't done this before, but I recall my Grandma Wanda doing this on her walls with old socks. It was pretty neat looking, but I do know it took her a bit to get it done. I was waiting for a sale~ and it's on sale, so I am pretty tickled.
Have a great day everyone, and thanks for visiting me here.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Renee, I love how you put the hearts and rag balls in the tote. I was really in the need for something spring in the house. Made a trip to Hobby Lobby this morning ( I really need to stay out of there or invest in stock from them) anyway I picked up some flowering branches for my kitchen. This time of year you need a little pick me up. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL..It's so funny you picked those red ticking hearts.You'll see in a couple of days but I used the same thing in a swap project I did.She should get it tomorrow then I can post a pic.Hubby is wanting spring he's anxious to do fleamarket but I enjoy each season and I'm enjoying nesting right now.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking pretty!( I have to confess in one of my rooms, I have a bunny, eggs, and some carrots out!getting the itch!)
    enjoy the day
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your red ticking hearts. I ordered some from a blog and just love them. I am so ready for spring!
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies! I really like this fabric, it's great. I ended up making about 10 more ragballs to go in there. I am hoping that will be enough.
    I AM looking forward to Spring. My head is going in so many directions, I don't know where to start.
    I just have to try and keep some sense of focus, which seems to be my biggest challenge.
    Take care all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for finding me!I have been decking the shop in spring so at least I am feeling warmer with all the snow we are still getting in Iowa! Have a great weekend! Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tickling hearts and Miss Cora, what an awesome job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The big tote looks great with the ticking hearts, bobbins, and rag balls! I love using rag balls as fillers and they are so fun and easy to make. Love your touches of Spring!

    ReplyDelete