Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sweet treasures from my primitive, soul sister.



It may be frigid outside, but inside the homestead, it's WARM and FUZZY! When I arrived home today, there was a box waiting for me by the inside of the door!
I couldn't wait to get all my gear off! I went upstairs and poured myself some hot, joe, and proceeded to open the box up. Well, a wonderful aroma wafted up immediatley! I saw a cute card with beloved Snoopy!
In the card, there was a very uplifting note from my primitive soul sister Amy!
You know they are out there, the ones that you are poured from the same mold, the one that you know their tastes, I am inspired by SO many of you talented ladies! Believe me, it's true!
When I first saw Amy's blog, and really started looking closley at things, I just kept saying "Oh my, I have that SAME thing"! LOL! It's just funny how life works, blogging has opened me up to a whole new world. I have some VERY good friends that I have made and love them all.
This love of primitives has brought me to the places I hold near and dear. There are ALOT of us!
I think that ladies that love primitives have some of the biggest, warmest hearts ever placed here. We see the beauty in the discards, the things of the past, we know that we can bring them back and give them a new lease on life again. I love that, I love seeing what everyone comes up with, and there are some VERY creative ladies out here!
Anyhow, I got some wonderful treasures! Look at the Valentine! Oh my! It's TOO cute! I placed it on one of my bears' laps. I also got some GREAT smelling candles and tarts! MMM~ I love them!
Look at the little tart holder with all the antique white buttons! The vintage Valentine! I have MANY of these.
The wax sheep, the hot chocolate, I'll have to hide that from my son, and also the chocolate treats! He has a nose for chocolate!
She also gave me the little childrens' kitchen pieces! Sometime, I'll have to share some of my collections with you all.  I am trying to think of other ways to display some of them, because there's ALOT of them.
I think I have over 200 pieces.
Thank you SO much Amy! I loved everything! It made my day I have to say.
Have a good evening everyone, and thanks for visiting with me here, I love having you all!
God bless.

9 comments:

  1. Hey Renee, I have to agree about people who collect primitives really do have big hearts! I love all your goodies...the two little valentines are so cute, and the wax sheep I love!
    Well have a good day and enjoy all your great treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I will agree. Never have I felt such a warm welcome as I did when I returned to primitive crafting and collecting. And I love all your gifts.
    Enjoy your gifts they sure are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your goodies.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You received some wonderful items from Amy! I am really happy for you. Try to stay warm today!

    ~Dan~

    ReplyDelete
  5. you certainly did receive a pick me up! It was well deserved. I agree there certainly are some wonderful prim lovers out there and you are one of them! As is your friend Amy to do that for you.
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. What nice goodies!! Amy is a sweetie!! I started blogging in July and I just love it. So wonderful to make new friends.
    I looked back and some of your pics, love your home and the gardening tutorial, might try that one.
    Look forward to following. Have a great day!!
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though I don't decorate with as much prims as I used to. I still have a few...but there is nothing like a prim friend. I have made some lifelong friends through blogging/forums with prim fans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all the nice comments!
    Lorna, I hope you will give it a try, you can most likely start sooner where you are at. It's the one joy I find in a long winter season!
    Kindra, it's alright that you changed your style, everyone has times where they need a change. I have followed you for a long while now, even though I could not participate before, I still enjoyed myself! I still love what you do, I can also appreciate a different style, you are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Renee! I just discovered your blog from hopping around. I love primitives too & all kinds of old things. Just something comforting about them! You got some wonderful goodies from your friend. Lucky you! Have a great day ~ Jill

    ReplyDelete