Tuesday, November 22, 2011
The first snow- and a few good men!
Good morning everyone! It is a cloudy day here today, but I guess everyday can't be sunny.
Is everyone ready for their Thanksgiving meal? I feel like I am now, I went and got some more things from the store yesterday, I sort of feel like I will need another gallon of milk though. My oldest son loves cereal! Well, he can eat a whole box in one day, I have told him he has to choose more carefully, this stuff costs money!
I am STILL sick you all, it comes and goes, I did have my husband pick up some Vicks' vapor rub and I rubbed it on my neck and chest, heated up my rice bag and then put a towel around me. It seems to have helped some, I am just doing everything I can.
I also had to buy a new coffee maker again already. I was a bit sad since this one we only had maybe one year, even less I am thinking. One nice thing was I got it from Costco, and I just had made mention to the clerk that I had to get this because the other coffee pot had stopped working already. It was a Cusinart and fairly expensive, well, he told me I could bring it back even if I didn't have my receipt and my box! They can look it up in their computer, and refund the money back! I thought this was GOOD news! So, this time around, I bought the Mr. Coffee brand. We will see how it fairs. My last one before this was a Krups and it lasted for like 6-7 years.
I did get to meet up with a good friend of mine though and have a Caribou Coffee, my new favorite is a Turtle Mocha with white chocolate (skim, extra hot). YUM! I had a large, since I had no coffee, I was in dire need! LOL!
Oh, and then can you see it in the picture? I got a surprise in the mail from a new friend, but feels like I have known her always~ anyhow she MADE this little mini prairie bonnet on a peg rack! Isn't it sweet? I placed it here for the time being. I already thanked her, but I wasn't expecting that at all!
I have gotten a few of the snowmen out, I won't be going full force I am sure, I just don't have it in me at this time, unless something miraculous happens! I put a few of my favorite ornies on the little twig tree~ my boys! Look at how cute they were? They still are, but just growing up. I miss those days.
Had to show you all what I have done so far in the bathroom, not much, but I did get the one shelf hung, still working on the other, and I am just stumped on what to do with the towel bar. I REALLY don't want the sea shells~ but I have these "things~plugs" in the wall, you know the anchors? Well, that star rack is just not quite there, and I am not sure HOW I can get around this. Any thoughts? If I would have taken those out~ there are four total, it would have been a disaster! Should I just bite the bullet and put up the sea shells? I can't even find something comparable to put up. I said to the DH~ WHY did you have to choose sea shells of all things?
I included a photo of Zipper doing what he likes best~ drinking from the faucet! That silly cat! He likes triple berry muffins too, don't you know? LOL! He just knows when I have something!
We did get snow, it was around three inches, it will be gone by Thanksgiving though, I hear it's going to be in the 50's.
I plan on getting the tree up by this weekend I hope. If I could get the lead out of my backside, I could get my other coat rack done~ I just need to paint it. I have been putting off way too many things, I just need to do them! I relented on letting them hang their gear on the shelf, but I said they won't be putting stuff on top!
That's why I need to finish my other rack! LOL! It will have something for them to place their hats and mitts in!
Well, I hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving, and enjoy the day!
God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry to hear you're still feeling punky Renee - I hate that crud stuff that seems to last all season long...Love your new little bonnet - how sweet. And hey - I've had the same issue with Cuisinart coffeemakers - I've had three - and they've all done the same thing - a month or so after the warranty expired, they go kaput - they shut off automatically before it's even done brewing and I can't turn it back on. I liked the first one so well (design, etc.) and thought I must have just gotten a lemon, so when it died, I bought another one just like it. Then that one did the same thing. I wasn't about to buy another - but DH didn't realize it and bought the same model for Christmas for me. And that one died too. I contacted the company just to express my frustration and tell them I had given up on their brand - they told me my warranty had expired. Uh, duh - I KNEW that - but you think $140 coffee maker would last longer than a flippin' year! Anyway - sorry - just had to vent! Your bath is looking good - I'm not seeing or understanding about the sea shell towel rack, so can't make any suggestions....??? Hope you get to enjoy the holiday and don't have to work too hard....Smiles & Thanksgiving Blessings ~ Robin
ReplyDeleteRenee, I remember when my son was growing up he would actually eat his cereal in a mixing bowl. Kinda like that old saying, eat you out of house and home. Those growing boys sure can eat.
ReplyDeleteI hope you start feeling better soon!
Love your peg rack and new bonnet.
Your bathroom is beautiful. I love it and your kitty is adorable. Wishing you and your family a lovely Thanksgiving. Hugs, Lecia
Hey Renee, hope you feel better real soon. Another great post. I love Zipper the cat, cats have such personalities, don't they? We have a cat named Old Shep, when my husband sweeps the garage, Old Shep wants to get swept too. It is a funny site. We named him Old Shep because he was abandoned last winter and we found him in the snow, half starved, and he had pulled most of his fur out, and looked like a shaggy dog. We feel like he was a gift from God, because we needed him as much as he needed us. Hope you have a Blessed Thanksgiving, you, your family, and Zipper.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your new coffee pot. I am a Bunn person myself. They make great coffee really fast. The company is good to stand behind them too. Your cat is so cute. Your bathroom and the snowmen are looking good. Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you feel better.
ReplyDeleteHi Renee,so sorry that you are still not feeling well.Love the bonnet, it is adorable.Zipper must make life fun,he certainly is a beautiful cat.Hope that you feel better soon!Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Hugs,Jen
ReplyDeleteRenee, Caribou, YUMMO!!!! My fave is the White Pumpkin Mocha! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend!!! OLM
ReplyDelete