Friday, December 2, 2011

Is your heart full of Christmas this season?









This is the thought that I have pondered this season, is my heart full of Christmas? I have to say it is, I really have felt a burden to help others in need, it stemmed partly from reading an article and partly because I am a giver by nature. I have read that the state of Oregon has the highest concentration of children that are going without food. In this country, that seems ridiculous to me, and for a mere amount of money, this program can feed these children. I also like to donate to the local food pantry here, I do so several times a year. I am not saying this as a means for getting praise from others, or tooting my own horn, I am saying it because I see the need is great, and how can I not help in some way?
I feel like this is part of having Christmas in my heart, and I mean Jesus is the reason for the season.
So, I hope this finds you all having Christmas in your hearts this season and beyond.
Now, I should just be smacked or something, I really don't know what to make of myself sometimes! LOL!
I have had the HARDEST time with this cupboard~ WHY? I do NOT know! This is my reality here girls, I get so FLUSTERED with me~ I have this stuff~ I would like to display some of it, and I cannot seem to get it together. I am trying to thin things out, not always easy, and then I have found a few other things, it's like put me out to pasture! 
How could I leave these things behind? I have found pictures lately, and I just need to find a spot to hang them or display them. I LOVE folk art and imagine my face when I saw this Carol Endres piece!
Now, I HAVE gotten my shelf done, now John just has to hang it, and he will this weekend, also I figured out how to solve my dilemma in the bathroom with my towel rack issue, even my honey was like that is a GOOD one!
I have gotten the tree out~ I placed a lathe star I have on the top, not sure if I am loving it or not, I will leave it and see if it grows on me.
I will try and get a few more things out, but I can't get all crazy because work is just too demanding right now, and I would like to have some fun, like baking with Brandon.
You may be wondering why I put a picture of the checked loveseat~ well, I had a thought~ I am saying~ sometimes it's scary to be in my brain, even I can't keep up!
I am PETRIFIED about trying to re-do this thing, I WANT to, but I can't afford to go out and keep finding fabric over and over, so I was thinking, if I just cleaned this really well, and really truly just made do~ I won't go into details, but I was thinking about "patching" some of the threadbare spots. It's a solid piece, I just can't get anyone to commit to helping me. Maybe SOMEDAY I can own something I don't have to re-do or fix up all the time, but for now, I was thinking this IS doable. Do you all think I am a total nut job yet?
We are trying to find someone to do our stairs, not an easy task, seems no one likes doing them! Not sure about this, but I am a painting fool, I have painted several frames lately for my family wall of pictures.
I am determined to get this done, I am tired of having so many unfinished projects! MARY from Gettysburgh~ don't come up with anymore things for me to want to try! LOL! I DID find a HUGE candle for my molds though~ so I am slowly getting more candles!
For those of you that are wondering why I have a beer bottler on my shelf, those were my Grandfathers. He used to make his own beer, and it's one of the things I inherited, so I display them there.
I also have to get started on the bathroom next, gotta get those walls sanded down! I just noticed after all this time, we didn't have a shower head or a fixture in there! LOL! So, I have started to price compare for this, and get an idea of what I want to do.
I am faithfully taking my Focus Factor, and also my daily vitamin, I have noticed a BIT more energy, but I sure wish it was like when I was in my early thirties!
I have to find the tote that has the boys' stockings in it. Brandon is very concerned about this! He knows there is not a Santa, but he loves Christmas.
Tomorrow he and his dad are going to help our dear friends that moved~ recall me talking about Brandons' best buddy? Well, their home is finished, so now comes the move! I will be working,  but they plan on helping starting at noon.
I am still battling my cold off and on, it seems to linger, but it's getting there.
I hope that everyone is having a great week~ and now the weekend. My days tend to all run together.
One of our traditions is to watch the movie A Christmas Story! It's one of my all time favorites, so we will be dusting it off soon!
God bless!

10 comments:

  1. Yes, the real Reason for the season! Good for you, it is appalling, hungry kids here in our own country!
    I love your cupboard, I don't "stage" things well in displays like so many others do. I struggle with my things too. I absolutely love your painting! I hope you find your stockings and it all comes together well for you.
    Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Renee... Looks to me like the Spirit of Christmas is truly in your heart and it is showing up all over your home...
    I to believe that we need to remember the reason for the season and share with those less fortunate. Sometimes its the simplest things that can help the most in a time of so much need.
    During all of the cleaning around my nieces small apartment in the basement at my Brothers house we have managed to box up 8 boxes of good clothing and slightly used toys. They were going to just throw them away. I said no lets box them up and take them to the Free Store Mission. I even included the kids in packing it all in boxes and plan to take them with me when we donate it. It was cute to watch them decide that they really didn't need this toy or that and put it in the box..

    I love your Blue checked Sofa I say patch up up real cute and enjoy all the memories made sitting on it.

    Happy Decorating..

    Blessings
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I have the real christmas in my heart..smile..I'm a giver anyway but always try to give a little more this time of year.It always comes back to you so give even if you feel you really don't have.Little things matter I always say.Hope you are finding a little time for yourself I know retail is busy this time of year.Been thinking of you...Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Renee, love your lovely home filled with prims and folk art...Happy December!

    Hugs and Best Wishes,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Renee! All our hearts should be full of Christmas. I love your loveseat, can't blame you for not wanting to part with it. Depending on how big the threadbare spots are, I would probably use some 'wonder web' if they still call it that, clip some material from underneath the frame where it can't be seen, insert the wonder web, then the fabric, and fuse it with a hot iron. I've gotten a lot more use out of my favorite things that way.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be honest, I'm in a weird place so far this holiday season....I guess part of it is knowing that I won't have time for the decorating, baking and shopping I normally do - and part of it is I'm not sure my family even cares - I'm beginning to think I'm the only one crazy for Christmas here. But, I do hold the Reason for the season close to my heart. I've done a little, but still need to plot some more strategic giving. Thanks for the reminder. Glad you got your tree up - you're ahead of me...For the first time ever, we might not have a tree. It feels very, very, weird....Smiles & December Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the reason for the season~ yes, sometimes we get lost in all the craziness~ but then it hits us all~ the birth~ the gift~
    wonderful post~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renee... Thanks for reminding me of the reason for the season, it really does get lsot in the mix doesn't it? Have a most wonderful Holiday! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  9. It helps us all to stop and really think about the meaning of Christmas. We have so much and some have so little. I do think I have the real meaning of Christmas in my heart. Amanda's illness has humbled us all, in my family.Hope you get everything you want to get finished before Christmas,finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cupboard is lovely.

    And, as someone who has visited a food pantry, I thank you for giving. It is so very important.

    All of us have something to give.
    Time, money, resources, love, prayers, something.

    ReplyDelete