Monday, September 26, 2011
A slight hint of fall~in my homestead that is. And the bombshell!
WOW! I guess this just does what it wants to! LOL! Well, if I didn't scare you away, THIS is my BOMBSHELL~ my craft room! This is what I have to deal with and face! I can't believe I am showing you this, but this is my reality! It has become a sort of catch all for the past year or so. There is a path~ however, it's hard to see it from the angle of the room. I just have to get this organized. Do you now see why I watch the show Hoarders? This is why. I have fabric, and so many supplies from over the years, but I just need to learn how to group it all together. That is my plan. This will be a process for me.
I have managed to put a few things out. I am trying to keep it somewhat simple, because I have just had a hard time with making decisions on where to put things, so I have to go when the inspiration so moves me to. I realized I really don't have any fall florals, so I am stuck with daisies at the moment, but I will look for some at a later time.
I am still hopeful to put out a few more things~ we shall see. Some of the things going in the bathroom are actually located in my craft room, so it will be good to get them out! LOL! Hopefully you all don't think I am horrible, but this is me~ really~ my life~ my everyday. My "Quest" for organization~ I long for it, I am trying anyhow.
Some of you may know this already, but my MOM is coming this week! HELLO! I am excited, but not prepared! LOL! She was supposed to come in two weeks, but called me to say it was being changed. I love my mom, I haven't seen her since last July. It is hard being away sometimes, I am very close with her, and speak with her every week. I love my father as well, but let's just say, we have a somewhat distant relationship, I have to keep it that way, and not because it's fun for me, but necessary.
So we will do some fun stuff I am sure, I hope to get a few days off, still waiting to hear from one manager on that. I would get five days off if that was approved. I would only have used two of my vacation days, so I would still have some more time left!
One of my favorite holidays is Halloween. I sort of struggled with this because being a christian, it's considered a pagan holiday. I have always enjoyed the costumes~ making the kids up, and handing out treats to other kids, and just the fun of it. I am not a witch~ I do like to collect them, I like the Jack o' lanterns, and scarecrows, I have a lot of Halloween decor. So I hope I am not offending anyone, I am not a pagan, I don't practice witchcraft, but I like Halloween. My favorite candy to give out is Snickers and Reeses Peanut butter cups. I will start slowly acquiring the yearly Halloween stash~ and I mean stash because usually the husband and sons gobble at least two bags!
My husband also shocked me by saying he might go onto daytime hours at his job! He isn't sure yet, but he is considering it. This would be very different. He hasn't been on days very often since we have been married~ maybe 4 years out of 19. I am so used to being alone most of the time, I won't know what to do with myself! I am sure I will find something! I will keep you posted.
Have a great week. I will try and snag some pictures when my mom is here.
God bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad my craft room isn't the only one that looks like a hoarder space!!! I always tell my husband I'm not a hoarder ~ this is being creative!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like everything is coming together nicely.
I haven't started decorating yet ~ hopefully after I get back from Ghoultide Gatherings!
How exciting to have your Mom for a visit. Enjoy your time together.
Prim Blessings
Robin
I think most craft rooms look like yours so don't feel bad (I know mine usually does ~ plus some spill over to the basement!). I hope you enjoy your visit with your mom! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteHappy to see I am not the only one who makes a mess in the craft room. I think it is a sign of a creative mind at work when things are piled up.
ReplyDeleteIt seems when I clean my craft room, I can't find anything I need. So don't worry about the mess.
Have a nice visit with your mom.
Tamera
Country at heart
At least you HAVE a craft room! I have c**p all over! There is one room that is a little worse than all the others (yeah - kinda like yours - but so not ready to share photos...) ;o) It's our spare bedroom/study/computer room/craft room/what-the-heck-am-I-gonna-do-with-this room....I make Hubby watch Hoarders just so I can say "see, I'm not THAT bad!" - At least there isn't garbage and old food in there (I don't think...) And I'm Christian and love Halloween too - our current church has huge issues with Halloween - can't dress the kids in monsters/ghosts/etc. costumes - but one of the ministers from one of the first my childhood church alleviated many of my concerns about that - and I am grateful to him for that....(he loves it as much as I do!) Have fun with your mom time! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin
ReplyDeleteRenee~ I used to worry about the witches and goblins part of Halloween too,but most holidays come from pagan roots like christmas trees.I think if it's all in fun and we are worshipping and praising the right "God" there's not much worry.To many things to worry about in this world.I love Halloween too...Hope you get your time off to spend with your momma..Oh and the craft room we all have one room like that..smile..No need to call horders unless it spills out to the rest of the house.My computer room is that room.Piles of stuff to list or get to soon but seems it just keeps piling.Hugs!~Amy
ReplyDeleteHa Renee!!! You got some great stuff in there from what I can tell of the pictures. You too are organzied by being disorganzied. LOL. Im so happy for you that your Mom is coming and staying with you for awhile. I also hope you get a few days off that you want and probably need.
ReplyDeleteRenee I hope you have fun with your mother. That is the way the upstairs in my barn looks. LOL Heaven only knows what is up there, I don't.
ReplyDeleteIt is okay to enjoy Halloween. I grew up, as did my children, doing Halloween and we are all fine.BTW I grew up on fairy tales, wicked witches and stepmothers, poison apples, etc. I am fine. Just enjoy