Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Bathroom reveal Part 1 and some stuff I found.
Good morning! Well, My hubby got home this morning and you know, he decided that we should take the toilet out so I could do a better job with getting behind that area so we did. I just painted the first coat, and hope to get it all done before I go to work later. I don't know if you read my other post, but I really noticed HOW BAD the ceiling looked! When Brandon was younger, he had this obsession with taking a bath several times a day, and he was always getting water all over. I think he got the ceiling as well! Well, we have noticed a few things that will have to be replaced eventually, so as time and money allow, you know the drill. But, I did tell him for sure that his friend needs to do this ceiling! It's kind of hard to get a picture of the bathroom, it's a more confined area, this was the best I could do for the time. I LOVE this color! I have used it throughout my home, the two boys rooms, LOVE!
I have some ideas as to what will go in here, but I will be waiting until the paint "cures" before I hang anything.
It REALLY cooled down here, we will have our first freeze tonight, down in the thirties.
I thought I would share a few finds I snagged during my time off. I went out once and this was what I found.
The big bean pot on my stepback~ I was thinking of doing some re-arranging. I have other pieces, well, once I get some time. The story of my life. I kind of like it there, I think it really warms up the space.
I found one of those step stools, it's VERY nice, so I may keep that handy to use. Also, the fabric pumpkin, I liked it because it kind of goes along with my pillow I got in my swap with Sheila. Oh, and also the faux wooden fruit! This was a GREAT FIND! I saw another friend of mine had a set of these for sale, I know they sold, well, anyhow, I found all these for under 3.00! They are wood, and I do plan on re-doing them. I have a dough trencher, that I FINALLY found! YIPPEE! LOL! Anyhow, I thought they would look nice in there maybe with some other drieds. And~ I found a ladderback, this was only 2.99! I will use it for another make-do most likely. I have a spare in the garage. Oh! the bonnet I got from Amy over at Bumblebee lane! We did a swap, she also gave me a candle and some fixins. Thank you Amy! I love everything!
I will close for now, gotta check on my laundry and get some other things done.
Thanks for coming by and hope to have the lighting up this weekend.
God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Renee....I thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog. Always nice to see you there.
ReplyDeleteAren't bathroom's the worst to re-do? They are normally so cramped in some areas so how about that hubby removing the toilet to make your job easier...seems once that is out of there the job is a breeze. Very pretty color!!! You'll have it all primmed up in no time.
Great finds....I had a stool like that once and for the life of me I can't recall what happened to it - probably went in one of my rummage sales but I sure don't know why I would have sold it.
The fruits will look awesome primmed up!
Karen
I really love all your finds. Waiting to see how you reporpose the wood fruit. You'll be finished with your bath in no time and it will look sooo pretty! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteRenee~ Seems like bathroom & kitchen re-dos always turn into more~ time & money~but it will be worth it~
ReplyDeleteoh, no 1st freeze~ we haven't heard of one yet~ I am hoping it will be late(October)
have a wonderful day
Teresa
Can't wait to see your finished bathroom, I hate to paint but it is amazine how paint makes a room look new and fresh again. Love all of your finds. Can't wait to see what you do with them. Hugs, Lecia
ReplyDeleteRenee~ Love the color.The bathroom is the only room I keep plain not sure why just like it unfussy.I have two pics hanging and that's it.Glad you like your goodies.Hugs!~Amy
ReplyDeleteThe color is beautiful! Can't wait to see when you are completely finished how lovely it will look! Love your finds especially the ladder back - I have an addiction to those lol
ReplyDeleteGreat color Renee - And, hey - when you're finished with your bath, wanna tackle ours? It still has the same wallpaper from when we bought it - arghh!!! And it's not going to be an easy redo - there's an ugly peachy/flesh-tone countertop that makes coordinating any wall color impossible....a definitely '80's wall mirror, and tons of wood. HELP! ;o) Nice finds - your little stool is sweet....Hope you're having a great week...Stay warm! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin
ReplyDeleteRenee... I hate painting bathroom!!! UGH!!!! But I love the color!!!! OLM
ReplyDeleteLove that color too. Glad you are getting your bathroom done, as you have been wanting too. A freeze already, WOW. Take care and more pictures please.
ReplyDeletebetty
you have been busy..love the new color..nice and warm..love all the goodies you found too..have a great weekend.;)
ReplyDeleteThe bathroom is a great place to start fixing-up. Richard
ReplyDeleteLOVE the color and all your goodies, esp the faux wooden fruit:) Cant wait to see the room pictures when you get all done, it is horrible when one room, even a small room as a bathroom, gets renovated it surely disrupts the whole house.
ReplyDelete