Tuesday, December 28, 2010
A prim gals' thrift finds, and the dining area.
Geesh, what a day I had yesterday! I have very much enjoyed my time off! I wish it were longer, but it was better than nothing! Our van has been acting up, I am not sure what is happening, but I kept hearing some loud cracking noises when I turned the steering wheel! I just started to pray because I didn't know what else to do. We will have to get it looked at, we really cannot afford any big expenses right now, I would appreciate any prayers.
We tried getting to the post office, yet again, the line was out the door! I was hoping for better results, but I was a bit on edge with the van doing this and just wanted to get home!
I will be going back today, so hoping it will not be as busy.
We managed to get to the thrift place, the van wasn't doing this at this point. I can't explain, but usually I will get this "unexplainable urgency" to go thrifting, like there is something waiting just for me! I didn't have that this trip, when I get these urges~ there is usually something REALLY great!
I did find a few things, the black pulls, I thought were prim looking and I can use them on some type of something here! Those type of things can really add up when you buy them new! I found some mini bee skep things, I was thinking some type of garland perhaps! I can't HELP but smile when I see something "garden related". I also found the little birdhouse swag, so I'll find a spot for that somewhere along the way, and last, but not least, I found five of these cups! I think they match the tea pot I found awhile back, so I am adding a bit there, that was all that I could see.
So all in all, I was a good girl, nothing to make me do a prim squeal, but not a wasted trip.
I thought I'd share a few pictures of the dining room. It's not a huge room, but you work with what you are given. I haven't done much in here recently. I love the red barn door! I think it's my favorite thing. Please don't mind the papers there, I am working on it. I'd like to change some displays around, but I honestly haven't had much ambition lately. I have slept alot, and just hung out with the kids.
I have done a bit of crafting, and am hoping to finish that up for my swap with Amy.
I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas, I'll have to catch up with the blogs!
Have a blessed week, and thanks for visiting me here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like your table and that chair on the end is great. Glad you had a good thrifting day. I am still looking for the article I told you about. After the holidays I will call UT. Have a fantastic week and a blessed New Year.
ReplyDeletebetty
Thank you Betty. Actually, those two chairs I found thrifting, and that was a day I had the "urge" I mentioned! LOL! Those two chairs I got for, are you ready? $5.22! For both of them! All I did was clean them, and sand a bit, stain and seal. It was a sale day!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a blessed New Year as well.
Renee
I love the red barn door too! How cool is that? where did you find it? Those chairs are awesome for your dining room! I also love your spoon picture!
ReplyDeleteThink good thoughts like maybe it was so cold outside that the steering wheel was frozen and making cracking sounds:) I adore your home. You have wonderful prim items. Love your table.
ReplyDeleteThose cups are the pattern I used to always pick up for my best friends collection before she passed away.I still think of buying it everytime I find a piece.So funny my jeeps been acting up too and I went junking as well.LoL.You need to tell your hubby to relocate so we can be together.(smile).I've been finishing up a few things for our swap and should get it out around monday.Now if we both recive the same stuff in the box it'll be too darn funny.Glad you got some rest in while you were off.Warm Blessings!~Amy
ReplyDeleteI love the look of that room. And the little birdhouse swag is so cute...well done for getting those even if you didn't feel the 'urge' to go thrifting :)
ReplyDeleteI love all your finds...And your not at all alone on the car problems my hubby was on his way to the doctors yesterday and our drive shaft feel off our truck . We thought we were just having tire problems but it turned into something worse. I will be keeping you in my prayers ......god bless you....April
ReplyDeleteGreat finds there! I think it's time for me to take a trim to Goodwill!
ReplyDeleteHope the car woes aren't too bad...I hate when that happens. Hubby went to get in his car this a.m. and he had a flat tire! Slowed him down a little! :)
Have a great day!
Tammy
Still don't know what is going on with the van yet. We have been able to just have the truck, but we will have to get it figured out, because our schedules are both different.
ReplyDeleteAndy, you asked about my barn door. I found that up north about three years ago. I just love it. I think I gave 10.00 for it.
I like to go treasure hunting with my FIL occasionally up north, and I have snagged a few goodies over the years.
You all have a good day!
I love that step back cabinet. And your table and chairs are awesome.
ReplyDelete★Linda★
Is that a child's stove above the cabinet?
ReplyDeleteWith a really old set of black Americana S&P's?
I love that!
★Linda★