Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Better late than never~my Christmas decor~and oh yeah~ I'm over the snow!






You know the saying "I'm so far behind, I thought I was first."? Well~ that would have a big, fat picture of ME right next to it! LOL!  I am always my own worst enemy, I really had all these notions of getting all kinds of things done, BUT I have had to face the facts, I am NOT superwoman! LOL!
My husband has a term of endearment for me, he calls me "Nonstop Nancy". I am ALWAYS doing SOMETHING, but here lately, that has clearly not been the case.
My job at this time of the year takes up most of my energy, and it's good for business, bad for the home life!
My family has found me at times in various positions, I have learned I can apparently sleep sitting up! I am naturally an early riser, and am on the go literally, but when I crash, I crash hard!
I am looking foward to some much needed time off after this week.
Remember the table I mentioned that was my husbands' Grandmothers? Well, there it is, I did do the same color as I did on the shelf, the "pomegranate". I stained it, and now I need to seal it. I am thinking I'd like to put a rug underneath there. I like the way it turned out, I think my husband is catching on to this primitive thing!
The long bench there in front of the sofa is going to be the next makeover. However, I think I will do it black~gasp, because I don't want red overload. I LOVE RED, but I have the stand, ladder, table and the shelf now, so I think I have enough red going on!
I thought I'd share the scale that came a few weeks ago. I have always wanted one, could never afford an antique version, and plus they aren't easy to come by here. I have admired this one for YEARS, so I ordered it before Thanksgiving, and it finally came. Now, I just need to see if I like it here, or there's one more spot I was thinking about upstairs, so I am undecided yet.
Can you all see the Santa I won from my primitive sister Amy? I just LOVE him, and I put him next to the lamp there.
I am still in limbo about what to put where, so I am holding off. I have no idea what I am going to put on the other side of the wall where Zippers' house is. I don't know if I want a picture there or something else, I am waiting for something to grab me!
The roses and carnation that are in the green jar on my cupboard~ those came from my Grandmother and cousins' funerals. I keep them in this jar with the flags. I lost my Grandma Wanda five years ago, she had been sick for a long time, they finally realized she had a rare type of leukemia, but it was too late. We were very close, and I miss her a great deal. My cousin Charlie~ sigh, I still haven't allowed myself to grieve him, I think it's just too painful for me. We are/were very close, I am the oldest by one month and two days, we were inseparable! He got involved in taking prescription drugs due to a knee injury he had as a child. I had to distance myself, because I couldn't stand watching what he was doing to himself. When a person is battling addiction, they have to want to help themselves, and I think he had just given up. He had been in treatment, my Uncles had helped him out, but he just couldn't stay clean. I was glad our Grandma wasn't here to see this, it would have killed her. So, he was cremated and placed in the casket with her. She is in one of the above ground holders. My brother and my Grandfather are also buried there. Yes, I also lost a brother, he was just three months old, and I still have a faint picture of him in my mind. There are only a few pictures of him, and it's very hard for my Dad and Stepmom to talk about him.
I am the only child between my parents, and then my Dad and Stepmom have two sons together,and my Stepmom has a son from her first marriage. He is my brother none the less. We were in a terrible car accident when he was 4 and I was 10. My Dad was driving, and we got hit by a drunk driver, my brother was basically dead in my lap, I am the only one who remembers everything. They had to use the jaws of life to get us out, and the policeman rushed my brother to the hospital in his squad car. Daniel IS a miracle! He is one of the MOST inspirational people you would ever care to meet! YEARS of therapy, I helped take care of him, my childhood was cut short, I had ALOT of responsibility at a young age, but God IS good!
There are miracles in this world, and God has had his hand on my life and of those I love as well. Sometimes, we don't always understand why things happen, but I have never been one to be angry at God for anything.
God does not cause things to happen, his word tells us clearly that the world is a fallen place, and we are not to put our hopes on man. Man screwed up, God gives us all free will, and we have the ability to choose. Things can happen to good people, we are not immune to this, I don't have answers to things, but my faith is strong, and I know that God is with me. I am so thankful that Jesus died on the cross for my sins, he could have said forget this! But, he loves us that much, that is the best gift I could never repay!
I hope I haven't upset anyone, if I have, I don't mean to, I am just speaking from my heart.
I don't know why I shared this, because it really wasn't what I had intended to start with, but perhaps this may help someone, I don't know.
Oh, and if I haven't lost you~ I am officially over all this snow! We got 5" yesterday, and we're getting more!
It made the roads not very nice, I saw several accidents yesterday.
I hope everyone has a great week, and thank you for visiting me here!
God bless!

8 comments:

  1. Hi, I came across your blog through someone else's and I love it. Your house is beautiful. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with your home. It is so cozy and inviting. As always your post was beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl,it's been awhile I was worried about you with all that snow.We saw on the news your supposed to get more.It's nice if you can stay home but not when you have to travel.I think christmas just makes us think of lost loved ones a little more and then we realized how blessed we are so I can see why you felt that way.On a better note your makeover turned out nice and your scale looks almost as good as my antique one,whoever you bought it from did a good job.I've been busy with the holiday last minute stuff.Well sweetie get some rest so you can enjoy a little of your week and the holidays.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post Renee. your pictures are pretty. You'll get everything figured out,eventually. Then you'll change it again! You are right God is good.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family,
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you girls! I was suprised to find I have more new peeps here! LOL! Welcome, Welcome!
    Oh Amy, I am OVER the snow already! LOL! It has been very challenging to get around, fortunatley, I don't have to go too far to work, but still!
    Thank you, my husband is LOVING these particular makeovers! He said this table never looked so good! Oh and I got my scale from The Country House. I have admired it for YEARS, but just never ordered one. I do like it.
    Thanks much Betty, I know I will, but I just get aggrivated with myself sometimes because I hem haw so much! LOL!
    Oh~ you girls have no idea how much I am looking foward to some time off!
    You all stay warm and safe!
    Blessings and love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A newbie AND a Hoosier!? I'm always glad to have BOTH visit my blog. :) May I ask which part of the state you live in? We are preparing for MORE SNOW here in northern IN.

    Wishing you a Christmas Season filled with JOY Renee!

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhonda,
    Well, I was born in Indiana, lived there for about thirteen years. I now live in Minnesota, I have lived here for over twenty something years now. My Mom still lives in Indiana, she's in Danville, which is about 30 minutes outside of Indianapolis.
    Oh Rhonda, I am OVER the snow! LOL! We are supposed to get more snow again tomorrow, I am not sure how much though. We have had close to 30" already.
    I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renee,

    Wow...what a story and testimony! God did have his hand on you and you are an inspiration! That was alot for a child to deal with!

    Oh, and I'd kind of like a little of that snow....we have rain all week! :)

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete