Sunday, September 25, 2011
Sunday Sampler~ a little bit of everything!
Good morning everyone! Well, I am not sure why the pineapple posted twice, but ok. I just wanted to pop in and say lately it has been a challenge for me to keep up with posting here. I don't feel like I have much that is interesting going on, but I guess it can't always be excitement.
I hope I don't come across as a whiner~ about my last post with my job. I am just realizing that I can still do the lifting, however, it takes a lot out of me after the day/night is all said and done. I am not a youngster anymore, and it's hard for me to face the fact that I can't just do, do, do all the time like I am used to.
So~ I thought I would share a picture of the light fixture, except ignore the fact that all the bulbs don't match! I have to purchase some more bulbs. I love these fixtures, and I don't mind saying, they are MORE affordable than the ones from the Irvins and other places. I found my seeded glass globes, so I am happy about that! We got the shower curtain hung, and still no towel bar YET! I am TRYING to come up with a solution other than sea shells! Still am curing the walls, I am anal that way! LOL!
Hoping to get started on the next bathroom soon. I have to get it somewhat cleared out, I have bolts of fabric stored in front of where the sink will be. It's just muslin and Osnaburg.
I have some pieces waiting to be installed in the upstairs bathroom, however, I have to wait for the husband to help me, and then I can also continue on with the next phase of the family room. So this is how my ADHD brain works anyhow! I am a mule~ that's my husbands' nice word for saying I won't budge until A B and C are done! LOL! He doesn't get it, but I do! LOL! Makes sense to me.
Oh, and thought I would share some of my wooden fruit. I only have two pieces currently, until my latest acquisition of fruits! I am looking forward to doing these~ and I will get to them. I just need to finish some other things first.
I have the Prairie swap to contend and another swap I am in. No more swap for me until after the new year. Just too much to keep up with at work. I haven't heard from Tiffaney over at the Folded Gingham, don't know if she likes her things, I hope she is alright. I apologize for not responding to everyone's comments lately either, it has just been a challenge for me to keep up lately. I do read everyones' blogs, I try and comment as I can, just so you all know, I always am laughing/crying with you all!
Back to the fruit! Geesh~ see! This is kind of what I have in mind for it to turn out like~ these pieces were both wood, and very good priced, so I made them over. I have to spend some time thinking about the colors I want to use as well.
School is going well so far. Brandon is doing great, and he LOVES school! Kyle is typical, he likes some of it, but not all, he is currently doing a program where they make diapers for the children of Haiti. I think it's great, but he thinks that he doing nothing. What skill is this teaching me? That is his thinking. It's teaching you to follow instructions, and everyone has tasks they have to complete.
Well, soon it will be time for me to get my window kits up~gotta pick up some Goo Gone! Get my new rug for the season, and seal some crevices about the homestead. I'd so love to be able to get new windows!
I am all about saving energy however I can!
I suppose I have rambled on long enough. Thanks for visiting me, and I hope you all have a great day, and week! Don't know when my next post will be.
God bless everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Its lookin good , see your makin progress even if slowly ! I love the fruit! I hope you have a wonderful day ! hugs lilraggedyangie
ReplyDeleteLove your new light fixture! Always a sucker for seeded glass....Must feel so rewarding to be getting things done - and while you may not see it or feel it coming together as quickly as you like, it truly is coming together and you're accomplishing things....Our bathroom has been on the "gotta do" list for decades (and NO I'm not exaggerating) - but it's so overwhelming, I truly don't know where to begin - so it never begins and will like never get done!! Love the pineapple....Wishing you a great weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin
ReplyDeleteIt's looking great ~ don't feel bad about not posting much ~ we all have been there! I really like your little cabinet display in the last picture. Very cute!
ReplyDeleteI think everybody has been kind of hit and miss for a while. I know I have but then we do all have busy lives, right?
ReplyDeleteLove your light fixture. I'm all about saving on utility costs, too-especially heat!
Warmest autumn blessings,
★Linda★
Seems as if you are really getting all of it done. The fixture is pretty too. Luv
ReplyDeleteRenee, Hugs! It's ok... we all get busy hard to keep up with everything... you don't need to response to every comment... at least that is how I feel... I think it's a personal choice, great if you can, no harm if you can't... I know I can response to all comments, I hope everyone knows I read them and appreciate them...but only so many hours in the day, and we need to enjoy a few of them! have a great night!OLM
ReplyDeleteRenee, I really enjoyed your pics. your bathroom looks great I am all about finding a more economical solution like you did with prim light fixture - it looks as great as Irvins I hope you get some well needed rest.
ReplyDeleteOh goodness girl, you have been working hard.Don't you love the results? I love the title of this post. It fits.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week. I think I am home for a while.