Saturday, September 10, 2011

I AM Alive!

Just wanted to pop in and say I am here! I SO enjoyed my time off, didn't get everything chalked off, but did get lots done! Had to take Brandon to and from school all week due to a bussing mess up. Kind of crazy when there's a huge road construction project right there and it's the biggest highschool in the state of Minnesota!
I have to say, I was an emotional basket case! Kyle had an ok week~ he doesn't like change much either, but is managing. He has IBS~ so stress causes lots of flareups. We are also trying to do more gluten free items, to see if this helps.
I am working on my bathroom still~ one thing is my hubby like to procrastinate, he is worse than I am! I need him to take the old light fixture down and put the new one on, I am one track minded~ I refuse to paint a wall when I know I will be going around something like this that I plan to change. He has been working a lot of hours, so I guess I have to be patient~ which is not something I am always great at!
I cleaned and cleaned~ my mom is coming at the end of the month, I am hoping to get more done.  I managed one outing~ didn't get to my craft show due to the bussing thing, and it's a bit far of a drive for me, so I just skipped it.
I have also had fun doing some crafting. I can't share them as at least one of them is for a swap~ although I have to say, I am having a hard time with one in particular, it turned out quite nicely!
As you all know, I have been very open and honest about my issues with organization. I have a lot of stuff~ decor and crafting materials. Well, I watch the show Hoarders because it does keep me motivated and I try to pick up tips from the therapists, and my heart does go out to these people.
One episode spoke volumes to me~ it was like a lightbulb went off! The therapist said most hoarders are perfectionists. You can organize some things, but not other things, so you just leave those other things because you want them to be "just right" even though you don't know what that "just right" looks like! I will tell you, I started to cry! That is ME! I am ALWAYS doing this! She didn't give any tips~ I guess that's where the private sessions must come into play. My home is not dirty or filled with garbage, but I have lots of stuff!
I may show you my craft room I may not, I seriously have one small path I can walk through currently. It's about two feet tall filled with just stuff. Some of it is decor, crafts, fabric. You name it!
I don't know where it comes from, well maybe part of it, but I have no trouble giving things away, I have been doing this for the past few years. I also curbed my shopping~ I do love to go, but I don't NEED to all the time. I have tried to curb my IMPULSE buying, my fear of running out of something, I actually panic when I see we have half of something gone. It could be toilet paper, toothpaste, dishsoap. I NEVER used to be like this, it's only been the past 5 years.
Hopefully you all don't think I am a nut case! I am just being honest here.

Fall is going to be here next week. The temps will cool down considerably. I need to caulk the windows, get ready to do the window kits soon, and get those blinds for the laundry room! I wish I hit the lotto so I could get a new door to replace the slider we have. I would get new windows in the whole house and more insulation!  A girl can dream!
I HOPE to have more to share later, plus some photos. I hope everyone has a good week.
Tomorrow is the tenth anniversary of 9/11. I can't believe it. My heart goes out to all that suffered losses that day. Our nation needs to get back to basics, we need to pray for our leaders, and get the right folks elected in the positions.God bless!

8 comments:

  1. Good to "see" you Renee! And no, of course you're not a nut case! I deal with a lot of the same issues that you do & I'm not a nut case! At least that's what I tell myself! John might tell you something different : ) I'm looking forward to seeing photos of all the work you did! I'm sure it looks wonderful! Blessings, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back from your little hiatus ...you were missed! I think when the going gets a little hectic, we may all think that way!
    Know you have some sweet little goodies to show us...so, we are waiting! Luv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you Sweetie....Sorry you spent so much of your vacation time cleaning and playing taxi driver....but at least there's a feeling of accomplishment in the cleaning part. And I remember that episode of Hoarders too - that statement about perfectionism scared the heck out me....ooooeeee - hit a wee bit to close to home for comfort!! Think many of us have these tendencies if we're honest with ourselves....but you're on the right track if you recognize the issues you're facing, and have taken steps to help yourself. You didn't get there overnight, and it's not going to go away overnight either....Keep plugging away!! Hope you're enjoying a beautiful weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee we hoarders must stick together ! :0) you can send me yours ill send you mine and we will all feel better! Really I m so proud of you for making steps to improve yourself its not easy but I so agree with it being a perfectionism issue , mine is that and sentimental attachment ! hang in there! Hugs lil raggedyangie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the state of panic the news always puts in us causes us to want to be prepared for anything thus the worrying when things are half gone like toilet paper and needfuls things.I hoard things like that to.I also have the I might need this someday and don't know were I'll put it but it's to wonderful to sell for a dollar issue..smile..You are definatly not alone in your boat.My house is clean simple and nice but if you happen in my computer room oh my close your eyes piles everywere! Stuff that has no home,stuff to sell when I get time,craft stuff.I've tried cleaning it ou but it always looks like that again in a month.LoL..Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Renee, aren't craft rooms supposed to be over filled???:-) That is my catch-all for things I can't decide a place for. I think all of us crafters suffer from the same disease, so you are not alone.8-)
    Have a great week-end!!
    Hugs,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Renee,
    Just wanted to stop by and say hi and invite you to stop by my new blog, Simple Pleasures /formerly Michelles Cozy Cottage.
    Thanks,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renee, WOW! You have been a busy gal! So glad you got a few things done of your "list" come on over and help with mine! LOL..... School and busess.... I won't even start on the mess here by us, I can only say I am so glad I don't have kids in HS anymore! Have a great weekend!!! OLM

    ReplyDelete