Friday, December 9, 2011

OLM~Seasons' Special meaning giveaway post.

Well, you all know me~ I am NOT gifted in the linky area for blogging. So sorry.
Old Lady Morgan~ Marie is doing another generous giveaway~ actually, I  LOVE it that she makes us use our noggins to work for her creations! LOL! Mostly, I enjoy hearing the tales!
She asked us to share the one special thing the season means to us. Well, that is sort of hard for a sentimental soul such as myself! I am one of THOSE~ the ones that cry when you see the Hallmark commercials! YEP!
I am a total basketcase girls!
I guess the one thing would have to be donating food to the local pantry here. I do this throughout the year, but I like to gather extra at this time of the year to send, because the need is even greater. I can't stand the thought of people not having enough to eat, and especially when it's children. I just believe that being a child of God means that we aren't sitting idle, we are meant to DO something more, serve others, help, show compassion. This is something I can do, it's a small thing, but it's something.
I love the songs of the season, it has really lifted my spirit to hear the songs like "Hark the Herald angels sing", and " Joy to the World" and "Away in a manger" being played. I like the others too~ don't get me wrong, but even though this is when we have chosen to celebrate his birth~ I realize that heaven and earth celebrate him every minute of each day! I am so thankful for all that he has blessed me with!
I have met some of the most lovely friends blogging, Marie is a special lady. I believe things are not accidental, I am thankful to have crossed Maries' path! I feel like it has been an honor sharing in both her joys and her sorrows. We all have them, I just am a big old sap! I appreciate you Marie!
I hope you all have a great weekend! It is pretty brisk here! My dry sink is coming along~ I bought the hardware, so now I have to take it along with the sink so he can get more done. I had better get my patootie in gear! I hope to have some pictures to share soon.
Stay warm and can't wait  to read the posts!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post Sis! Hope you are finding some time for you and your family know your busy.Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Renee - I agree, the need is greater than ever - and there's much we all can do. Hope your weekend is off ot a great start! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Renee... What a nice post, you brought tears to my eyes! SO many kind words, thank you so much my friend!!!!
    Now go back, unless I am not seeing it and I checked 2xs and leave a 2nd comment...just to be entered so you get credit for both chances on the giveaway!!!! have a great weekend! cold here and we finally have a just a dusting of snow! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sentimental sap also. So much so that your post brought tears to my eyes! I agree with you girl. We are here to serve and help in any way we can. I love the feeling I get when I can help... there is nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete