Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesdays' Musing~Displayed Sentiments





Good morning everyone! Please join Misi over at 1890 Gable House for more information! Todays' musing is Displayed Sentiments. I am assuming that this means things that have sentimental meaning.
One of the things is the vase that you see in my kitchen, it actually has a bowl too. This was a wedding gift from a friend of ours, I have had it all these years. The crocks and jugs and butter churn all belonged to my great grandmother Cora. I received these from my Grandfather Edward about 5 years ago. They mean alot to me because they once belonged to her, and also the egg crate carrier.
I don't know if you can see them, but on my quilt shelf there, I have two bird figurines, one is a pin keep. These belonged to my other Great Grandmother Cora. I also have a few other things that belonged to her, but I don't have them out.
I will look forward, to seeing everyones elses' displayed sentiments! Have a good week, and stay safe everyone!
Thanks for visiting me here.

6 comments:

  1. Love everything. I adore that white chippy paint cabinet hanging on your wall. Loving the "Once in a while...." sign as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love prim family hand me downs.You are lucky to have such lovely reminders of Great Grandma Cora.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Butter Churn! Family items are the best aren't they so much meaning!
    loved your post
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving see some of your family history! These items are so special!!! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Renee! You follow one of my blogs, Ramblings From a Grateful Heart, that is mainly about family stuff. I just wanted to let you know that I have a prim blog called Berry Homespun Primitives. I would love for you to come visit me and follow there: http://berryhomespunprimitives.blogspot.com/.

    How wonderful to have so many family heirlooms! Those are my favorite pieces that I own.

    Have a wonderful week~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Family items are the best. You have some wonderful sentiments. That churn is really neat.
    Good post.
    betty

    ReplyDelete