Good morning everyone! I haven't been around much this week, I have just had a tough week!
For one, I am sick of winter, I am just over it! I want and need Spring very soon.
For two~ I have been officially tobacco free as of last Sunday. It has been VERY hard for me, I have lots of people praying for me, which I do appreciate, it's STILL hard!
From what I have read, it can take up to a month or longer for nicotine to totally leave your system, which is astonishing to me. My mornings are probably the hardest time, and so far, I still have my hair, and everyone is alive in our house!
My husband didn't realize that I had stopped, so even though I did tell him, I don't think it registered! LOL!
He has been more understanding.
I have been chewing lots of gum, sucking lots of Vitamin C drops, and trying to keep busy, but I have also been sleeping a lot.
I have to find different ways to deal with the stresses in my life, and my life has been very stressful the past several years. I am just ready for some type of light at the end of the tunnel. Normally, I try to keep a positive perspective on things, but lately, it has been very hard for me to do so. I am trying to fight my way back, and I do count my blessings.
I do hope to have some things to share soon, and I am also TRYING to learn about linking, and I am just having a tough time with it. It's most likely me, ah well!
Hope everyone is enjoying their day.
Thanks for visiting me. Blessings
hi, Renee
ReplyDeleteCongrats on kicking the smoking! Way to go girl you pat yourself on the back & keep strong!
Sorry to hear you are going through a troubling time!
I think we all have them times through life, okay maybe not some>>but I have>>stay strong>>pray>>reflect>>push the bad things out of your mind>>fill it with happy things!
When things get gloomy>>I have learned to go to a happy place>>just for a brief moment>>and it does me a world of good>>and prayer>>amazing what a word with the lord can do!
Also talk to us>>remember if not blogging e-mail>>
So Big Hug>>to you>>can you feel it>>squeeze>>breath & SMILE!!!!
thoughts & prayers to you
Teresa
Hi Renee..One great big huge ((((((BEAR HUG)))))
ReplyDeleteYou need it girlfriend. My hats off to you with quiting Smoking my prayers are with you that is no easy thing to do at all. If you made it a week you are well on the way... Carmen quit 4 years ago and I'm so proud of her..me I quit and then someone crashed in my camper goin 60 mph and that was all it took to make me a fool again.. So you hang in there don't let those stressers get to you..if ya get to stressed start emailing all of us and pouring all out. You can do it...
Wish I could hlep with all the stress your havin but all I can do is tell ya smile and count your blessings and above all laugh at the things that bring you down.. they to will pass as we all know..
Take yourself a nice long hot bath with bath salts and a candle only in the room.. You would be amazed how nice that is and how it releaves the stress... a good pampering is good for the soul!!
Warm Blessings
Tonya
YAY YOU!!!!!! Congrats. The Lord will bless your commitment to quit.
ReplyDeleteOh sweetie! I'm sorry to hear you are under the weather.Hugs to you sis! Great job on being smoke free for a week.Two more to go and it will be smooth sailing.I'll pray extra hard for you.Not sure what your struggles are if you need to talk you can email me anytime.I'm here for you if you need me.I'm sure with stopping the smoking it's 10 times more stressful.You are a optimistic easy going person you will pull through.Some sunshine would help open some windows or go for a short drive.Remember this to is temporary.Warm Hugs!~Amy
ReplyDeleteWay to go ! Kicking the habit is tough. But oh, so worth it!
ReplyDeleteMy brother is recuperating from having his voice box and a huge tumor removed from his throat. He went through 7 weeks of radiation therapy and a month after it was done, the tumor was back and bigger than ever. He has a hole in his throat--forever. He breaths through his throat. He hacks phlegm out that hole. It is so gross.
There is no way you want to go through that. I don't want that for you or anybody. Life is already too short and far too precious. I will pray for you. I nearly wore out my rosary with my brother but it has quite a few left in it. :)
★Linda★
Sorry you have had a hard week. You are being very strong and what an example to your boys! They are going to see how strong their Momma is! Remember, someone in Tn is praying for you!
ReplyDeletebetty
Iam sorry to be commenting on ur post late. I too will be praying for you . I have never smoked but I do have a addiction to caffine and have tried to stop drinking soda but it is very hard the headaches are the worst...Anyways just wanted to stop by to say hi and hope everything brightens up for you...will be praying .... Blessings April
ReplyDeleteI'll be thinking and praying for you that things will get easier and better. My parents quit cold turkey a couple years ago so I know what you are going through.
ReplyDelete