Friday, February 11, 2011
Random things to share
I thought I'd just share some things I have managed to do here. I am sorry I just realized the last photo is sideways! I really wanted to hang this farm implement from the ceiling, but my husband wasn't going for it. He's usually pretty good about things, but sometimes he can be stubborn, so I have to respect that.
So I was trying to think~ Alright, how can I use this thing? LOL! I took a few S-hooks and just suspended it on the back of the settle bench. I also added some homespun fabric that I had gotten from a swap. Then, I just placed a sign that another friend made for me there. I think overall, it looks alright.
I need to find a few things to put in the little wooden house though, so I am looking amongst my things for inspiration. I just haven't had much ambitions lately, I WANT to, but it's just not there.
I took my Great Grandmothers' butter churn and placed it on the dry sink, I think I like it here. I have these feed sacks, I tried draping them on my ladder, didn't like that, so I'll have to come up with something else. These are some of the nicer ones, and I won't cut them up.
I made more rag balls and used some wool I had sitting in my craft room, I like how these turned out. I put them in the big tote.
I took a picture of this wall. Once again, I am just stumped as to what to place here. I have tried a few baskets, I know I need something, I just don't know what the something is! Does anyone have any thoughts?
I just put nothing up, since I am not sure . Sometimes, I guess it helps to have another opinion, even though I am the one that lives here. Maybe you all see something that I didn't think about.
I am still NOT smoking, it's still hard for me right now, getting a bit easier, but I still think about it alot.
I am just praying for the Lord to help me, I realize I have no control over many aspects of life, but the things I do have control of are of my attitude, and my words and actions. I know I am loved by my heavenly father, I also know that I need to let go of past mistakes I have made, that is all forgiven, under his blood, and that I am tired of being made to feel like a failure for these things. Basically, I get tired of the Devil trying to interfere in my life all the time.
I have enjoyed everyones' posts lately. I did join up with Facebook, and I am not sure what to make of it yet.
I don't understand alot of it, but I think I like blogging better.
I want to thank you all for visiting me here, and for your support and care. It really means alot to me.
I hope you all have a great weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I used to dream I was smoking. LOL Now the smell of smoke makes me sick. It will get better.
ReplyDeleteI love the thing hanging on the back of the bench. Sometimes we do what we want; sometimes we listen to the husband. Keeps the peace.....
Our fireplace is just like yours! An Aladdin? Works for us!
Facebook is a very busy place. There are a lot of PRIM sights on there trying to sell their goods and there is a site you can join called Just Prim Yard Sales--tons of stuff for sale. I haven't purchased anything yet but I know some who have. It's a lot to look at.
Does your little doll house have a face on the other side--like the front of a house? Perhaps, that would look more complete while you decide what to display. I would just keep trying all kinds of small items until I found something I like. Like small animals or dolls--or little wood boxes, wood thread spools, tiny colored glass bottles, thimbles, rocks, pin keeps, zinc lid with a candle, herb bags, even a sprig of Sweet Annie.......
I hope you have a wonderful, smoke-free weekend!
★Linda★
Well I love your settle bench and your dry sink. They are wonderful. Keep up the not smoking.Lots of people are praying for you. Don't let the devil steal your joy.
ReplyDeletebetty
Hi Renee, good for you on still not smoking!! I have never smoked and am very allergic due to asthma so not a temptation for me. Sweets though, that is another story.8-) I fight the battle of the bulge so I understand battles.
ReplyDeleteI am in somewhat of a slump myself right now in decorating. Everything I try just doesn't look right for some reason. For now I just started making some bunnies for Easter and hopefully inspiration will come!!
Have a great week-end!!
Blessings,
Lorna
Hi sweetie! I hope you bounce back soon.I hate to see you sad.Good going with the cigarettes.They say 21 days to break a habit.You're almost there! The space on the other side of the fireplace I would put a small peg rack and hang bonnets or you could put one of those flat back double handle baskets and change out differnt things for the season like stuffed bunnies and flowers for spring,snowmen for winter,flags and ragballs for summer.I've been in a little bit of a funk with decorating to.Been so busy and tired.I think tuesday when I get my spring stuff out it might inspire me..I haven't joined facebook yet.It scares me a little.I'm tempted but I really don't have time to keep up with everything now.(hubby already says I love the computer more than him)..Have a great weekend! Warm Hugs Sis!~Amy
ReplyDeleteI took some of the feedsacks in the shop and folded them up on a shelf in a cupboard. Just folded them so the writing showed. Looks like you are having fun also. We are supposed to get warmer in Iowa next week that can help alot. Best of luck Wanda
ReplyDeleteI appreciate all of your comments ladies! I hope I bounce back soon too, I am really not used to this, this is not me. 21 days~ that is good to know. I am not sure what I think about Facebook yet. Really, it's confusing to me, not that it takes much! LOL!
ReplyDeleteOh Linda, you asked about our stove. It's a Quadrafire, I know it looks black, but really it's a dark red! It's a pellet/corn burning stove. It does help keep the downstairs warm, but we still need more insulation in our house, and new windows. I am dreaming! LOL!
I LONG for warmer and sunnier days!
Have a great weekend.
I love all of your goodies. I love how you have them displayed. Sometimes I will come up with a brain storm and my husband will just shake his head. I used to have some tractor seats up on my wall. I have put some things away because my husband said I have the house looking like a museum. He He
ReplyDeleteI know it must be hard to quit smoking. I cannot give up my soda's or sweets. So I imagine that is how a person feels when they quit smoking. Hang in there and take one day at a time, and if you mess up just start over. I know you can do it. Lots of hugs, Lecia
Happy Valentines Day Renee you have some beautiful pieces I love the doll house I want to also thank you for becoming one of my followers
ReplyDeletePeace and Blessings
Cheryl...Snatch JOY~!