Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesdays' Musings~ Bowls




Todays' Musing is brought to us by Misi over at 1890 Gable. Check her out!
Sorry this is late, but better late than never. I don't have that many bowls either, but I do like them. I am also trying to learn this new way of doing the picture thing and it's a bit of a challenge for me.
Most of these are Treenware pieces from The Salem Collection. I love their pieces. I have managed to find a few at the thrift store~ for example the wooden one that is holding the black eggs~ another thrift store find that I made over, and also the little brown bowl in my cabinet with the pitchers, all thrift store finds.
I haven't been thrifting in quite sometime now, I cannot wait to go again. I have plenty to do here, but sometimes I just need to get out.
I have just been really bummed out lately, I am trying so hard to keep it together. I really don't know what to make of this, but I am hoping that Spring will help. We just got hammered with about 14" of snow, so that didn't help my cause!
I love all of the things I am seeing lately. Wanda down in Iowa is KILLING me with all her lovely displays! Wanda~ do you do layaways? I LOVE< LOVE > LOVE everything! LOL!
Thanks for visiting me here and I hope to be having brighter days soon!

10 comments:

  1. Love the display with the pineapple in the bowls. thanks for sharing.

    Enjoy your evening~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bowls and how you have them displayed. I esp. love the thread in the bowl.
    Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, Renee
    Love your treenware! Your displays are prim~ prim~love the thread spools!
    Wanda's displays~ aren't they something! I can tell you~ they can cure the blues! Keep looking at them~ it might help~ and dream of springtime~green grass~ flowers popping up~the warmth of the sun~Hang in there girl!Be strong! This life is a rollercoaster~

    Big Hug~ feel the squeeze~ hope that helped~ I feel better
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bowls ..great displays..PRETTY PICTURES! love the Salem Collection..but nothing is better than a "Day Out" at the thrifts! ** I'm hoping you can dig out & have fun Renee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bowl display. Thanks for showing them. Luv-Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, Renee,
    Love the bowl w/ pineapple and with the thread spools. Hope you get out to the thrifts really soon. I'm going tomorrow, just cuz I want to! A gal has to get out every now and then.
    I don't live that far from Wanda--maybe and hour and a half north of us. She does have some awesome, awesome stuff. Lots of stuff I want but never do order. *sigh* I love auctions, garage sales and thrift stores better.
    See ya!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pineapple and the out of round bowl.I like old bowls but I do have two from the salem collection they are well made and hard to tell.Haven't heard from you in awhile.Hope you feel better soon.My Aunt gets sad in the winter and goes and sits in her car to get some sun.I know you got other things going on to,but it could help a little.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate all the comments! I will try and get back with you all one on one. Loretta~ I did become a follower, I have to verify something in order to comment, I will need my hubbys' help.
    I cannot go into detail~ some of what I am going through has to do with my oldest son. My heart is breaking, it's a very long story. Please, just pray for my family, pray that God will give me the grace and wisdom to speak the words I need to speak. I have been up since 1 a.m. This unsettlment will not disappear.
    Thank you all for your support.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Renee, bless your sweet heart!! I will definitely pray for you and your family. A big hug is sent your way, wish I could do it in person. Hang in there, God loves you and has you in His arms and we are all here to give you support and encouragement.
    Big Hugs,
    Lorna
    BTW, I love your bowls!!8-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee..if you need someone to talk to privately about your son please feel free to use my shoulder to lean on. Our kids can rip our hearts to shreds without even knowing it and it is hard no matter what the situation. I feel your unsettlement been there more times then I wish to count.
    My prayers are with you. May god hold you in his arms and give you the courage and faith to endure these times of troubles. May he also hold your son in his arms and help him as well.

    ((((((((((((((HUGE HUG))))))))))))))

    Blessings
    Tonya

    PS 14" of snow would put anyone ina funk...just remember it will melt soon...!!

    ReplyDelete