Saturday, February 26, 2011
Look at these thrifty treasures!
Ok~ Let's face it gals, I am NOT going to win a prize for being a technical acheiver! Everytime I JUST get comfortable with something, my husband has to go and change things, and then he doesn't fill me in on that! So now, even HE had a bit of a time getting this to work, so now he knows how I feel! LOL!
First off~ Thank you all for being such great friends here! I have just been going through some things and it's been challenging. I am just praying and praying and that is all I know to do, but it IS very wearing emotionally, plus my job is very stressful. I HAVE to learn how to let things slide, but it's very hard for me, because I know I am not going to get in "trouble" at work for things because I actually work, but when I see my list and all the things we have to do aside from that, well, I get MAJOR ANXIETY because I WANT to get things done! I am a worker, always have been, but I am getting a little older and it's not as easy as it once was. Thankfully, I am well liked by all my bosses and most of my co-workers. Thank you Jesus! I am dependable and so I have alot of responsibilities, but I have alot to learn still. Factor this in with ADD~ and it's a frustration for me several times a day! I have good days, and not so good days.
I hope I haven't lost anyone yet, this is just my life at this particular time.
I DID manage to stop at a few places yesterday. There is a thrift store not super far away, but I remembered that on Fridays' it's their "Friday Frenzy", where everything in the store is half price! Brandon and I stopped here after we did the grocery shopping. He didn't find anything at either place, he was a little bummed, but he soon was past it, so that was a good thing. I actually spotted the three smaller pictures on their 60% off table, yes, I said that! LOL! Actually, I was getting ready to check out, when I looked up above the door, and spotted the picture with the folk angel! Then I saw the hearts! OO~LA~LA! The picture was 8.00, but at half price, only 4.00. So I only spent like 8.00 and a bit of change. I was VERY proud of myself!
Then we stopped at the other place, and these two items caught my eye. The cheese box and the bag of wood grass. Well both of them were 25% off, so it was around 2.20 I think. I felt like I got some things that were great and I didn't break the bank.
I do plan to paint the cheese box. I have to decide on a color, I am not sure which one yet, I have an antique white, blue, mustard, red, and black. They are stacked.
Well, upon arriving home and getting things put away, I looked at the picture more close. On the back it has a paper label that says "Watermark, Boston, MA. It has the folk artist Mary Beth Baxter on the label. I don't know if you can see it. I did a bit of searching, she does some amazing work! I felt very blessed to have seen this, and it's just beautiful! I love the hearts! It's framed with a recycled old hardwood~ that's what the label states. I couldn't find out anything about the Watermark. I am assuming it's either a town, or was perhaps a company, I am not certain.
The last two things I am showing are from a friend of mine on CS forum. I won't mention her name because she is that kind of gal, but I love her! I sure wasn't expecting anything, and Brandon couldn't wait to tell me I had a package. There were these little garden implements! Aren't they just the sweetest? I so adore them!
I already thanked her, but thank you again! I so appreciated it, it wasn't necessary though.
I am grateful to have met so many wonderful people. There is much hatred in this world, I feel warmth from all of you, I am glad the Lord has allowed for us to cross paths!
I am still NOT smoking, so it's been almost 1 whole month! It has been hard, but I know that all the prayers and my prayers are helping me to stay the course! I already feel better!
I hope everyone has a great weekend! Thanks for visiting me here, I love it!
Blessings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oooh, love the cheese box and dried grass. Sweety, you sound a-ok to me. I've got a daughter just like ya. The man above loves us all no matter how ADD we are:)
ReplyDeleteHugs~Carol
I love all of your goodies that you found, esp. the first picture and the cheesebox. What awesome finds. I am so proud that you aren't smoking, wow, a month, you go girl!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou have a lovely day!! Hugs, Lecia
Wonderful goodies you found! So thoughtful of your friend to send the surprise vintage garden tools.Warm Hugs!~Amy
ReplyDeleteAww...take things one day at a time. Try not to dwell on things or you'll drive yourself mad. Love the little garden tools...too cute.
ReplyDeleteD
What great treasures you found Renee!! I have some old cheeseboxes in a stack and I just love them.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on one month of no smoking!! You are doing great!!
Be sure to check my last post and send me your info.
Have a great day!!
Blessings,
Lorna
I am so proud of your month of NO Smoking! You got some great deals. MaryBeth Baxter was featured in Country Living or Country Homes years ago. She is a well known fold artist. You really got lucky!
ReplyDeletebetty
Hey girl...love those treasures and those prices are amazing...we have nothing like that down here...that's why I look forward to Hobby Lobby 50% off sales! lol Congrats on being 1 month smoke free...that is awesome girl...my Burly Boys gave up smoking years ago...turned to chewing tobacco...now they spit alot! lol I once told them maybe I need to borrow a chew when I get stressed so I can go out in the yard and spit! lol lol I mean which is the worse of two evils there! lol Ahhhh but I love my Burlys..the bond that is between those 3 brothers are like nothing I have ever seen. You just keep hanging in there girl...you feel like it it has been a long hard draught in your life right now but look way off in the distance there is a cloud way off and it is headed your way....God is about to open the windows of heaven for you...don't open the umbrella..stand flatfooted in it and soak it up...Love ya sweetie....Picket
ReplyDeleteGood for you on the not smoking! I am trying not to eat so much! I just figure one day at a time and trying to cut back and just be healthier! Life is always one day at a time!
ReplyDeleteI will check the price of Charlie the Bear tomorrow and let you know. Thanks Wanda
ReplyDeleteRenee,
ReplyDeleteYou sound like you have it altogether. And having the Lord on your side is the best answer to any question. A wise elderly man once told me when I had to learn a great deal of information at work, he said,"When you are eating a cow, eat one leg at a time," that made a lot of sense to me. I had so many responsibilities with that job, but when I learned to 'Eat one leg at a time, so to speak, it was so much easier.' Blessings and Prayers.
hi, Renee
ReplyDeleteSo look at me I am how many days behind with checking blogs~ OH, MY~ where does the time go!
I am really proud of you~ no smoking~ keep that going! Great for you!YEAH!!!
Sweetie~ hang in there~ Anxiety~ oh my~ can I relate to that~ slow down~ I too get way ahead of myself~ wanting to do everything~ do it perfect~ get so frustrated if I can't~ so Let's SCREAM!!!AWWWHHHH!!! When I get like that~think quietly~ then~ I tell myself breath in & out~ (do it~) then say I can do this~(do it~)then just let go of the anxiety~ (do it~) find your happy place let it all go!!(do it~)(remember quietly~) and let the mind clear~so you can see straight again!
Life is overwhelming and I know I make it more overwhelming on myself~ so breath ~sweetie~ breath!
smiles
Teresa