Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Random Ramblings

Good morning everyone! I hope you are all enjoying the day so far. I am being sort of lazy I guess. I have had a neck issue for about a week now~ I pulled something reaching for my ice scraper of all things! Ugh~ WINTER you can leave any time now! I took a whirlpool and my hubby gave me a nice massage, which did help somewhat.
Also getting ready for my hubby and youngest son to head out to Utah for a whole week. It will be strange having them gone, Brandon is very excited as he has never been on a plane before.
I also wanted to thank you all for your prayers. I have been going through alot with my oldest son lately. I still am uncertain as to how some of this will play out.
The long short of it is this~ I love my family, BUT I am not as close with my father. It's a loong story. I am the only child between my parents, and they have been divorced for a number of years now. I haven't ever been able to rely on or trust my father, so it's just bringing up alot of past demons for me I guess. I allowed our oldest to visit last summer for a few months, which in turn lead to them plotting to get him to move there. I really don't want this for a variety of reasons, which I have voiced, but it seems to fall on deaf ears. I don't think my son knows what he is in for if he goes there.
There is more to it, I just cannot go into this more, but please know, I appreciate the prayers. I guess I have to trust that God will work this out according to his will.
This is all new for me, I just never dreamed I'd be going through this.
Also, I just wanted to inquire~ Loretta, I hope and pray that you all are alright. I am not sure where you are at exactly, but I hear that tornadoes went through the area, and I just instantly thought of you.
I know Indianapolis is getting their share of rain, and flooding. We will be dealing with that here as soon as all this snow starts melting. People are already sandbagging here along the river and up through the Red River Valley.
I also wanted to pose some question about cross stitch. How does one learn this? I do not understand how you figure the patterns out. What is a good one to start with?  I cannot read patterns well. I am one that just makes it up in my head. I see there are different counts on fabric. Is it best to start with a larger weave? I see many neat patterns out there, I just don't get this. It must be the way my brain processes information.  I look at them and it's like a foreign language! LOL!
I appreciate all of you who take time out to visit me here. It means alot. I am trying to pull myself out of this funk I have been in.  I am praying for many that are going through so much.
God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Bless your heart. This has been a trying time for a lot of us. Just try to think we see bits and pieces of the puzzle, but God sees it all and knows there will be no missing parts.We have to let go and let God, which is very hard. I am much older than you and still wrestle with that.
    hugs and prayers,
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you girl! You know I keep you in my thoughts and prayers.Life is hard sometimes but you will pull through this.Sometimes we learn from our mistakes and maybe that's what it will take from your son.Just be there when he realizes.(unless he'll be in danger)..If you need me I'm here.Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Renee, sorry for your troubles. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Sometimes we just have to trust God and know that He is in control. Like Amy said, sometimes we just have to learn from our mistakes. And as painful as it is to see our children suffer there is nothing we can do sometimes to prevent it. Just love him and always be there for him. And we will all be here for you.
    Take care.
    Hugs,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have had a stressful week, I hope you can set back and prop your feet up and just relax a little this weekend. My you are talented I love your raggedy and bunny, awesome pictures too!!! Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete