Monday, March 28, 2011

A gift from one of the hunters~ and finally some sun!


Good evening! I am sorry I haven't posted recently, I have been keeping up with other places I guess. It does get a bit challenging to balance it, plus TRY and actually acheive something yourself! LOL!
I was very surprised to come home recently and find that my brother in law scored this neat old bug sprayer for me! Once in awhile, one of the "hunters" will do this! I thought it was very nice of him to do.
My one decorating thing I have done so far~ finally corralled my husband long enough to get him to hang this for me. It's a peg rack made from old bobbins, I just love it, and then I decided to stick my Angels up here too. I like it, I added a bonnet that I bought from Linda~ AKA~ Brelin4 last year. She does beautiful work!
I would love to get at least one more, we shall see. I haven't placed anything else here because I am not sure what to put here yet! I just get so easily distracted~ nothing like your teenage son running towards you with items in hand, and he's yelling and sticking his SMELLY armpit directly in my face! First, it startled me, because I wasn't expecting that, then I laughed and then I gagged! LOL!
I didn't share this with everyone, but most of you may have known that I recently suffered from having a kidneystone. Very painful, and I wouldn't ever wish that on anyone! I learned that I need to eat lemons, and drink more cranberry juice, plus water. Coffee apparently does NOT make the cut! So, I have cut back on that, and started drinking more water with fresh lemon.
I am still NOT smoking ladies! I have wanted to a few times, but haven't. I have to say, I feel a bit better with my breathing and all, I have really noticed how much better I can smell things too! There was LOTS of lavender sprayed on the boys' mattresses! Boys really do sweat! I aired their rooms out, and vaccummed the mattresses! Smells a whole heap better! Replaced the Glade oil refills.
It has been sunny here finally! I think we are going to get rain, but we still have snow here, I want it to go now! I cannot wait to get out and dig in the dirt once again!
I also FINALLY corralled my husband long enough to explain to him what my plans for the bathrooms are~ I sort of left out the ceiling part, but he was on board with it. I had already scraped a bit around the edges. Shhh~ don't tell him that! He was ok with it, sometimes I don't know what he makes of my ideas, most of the time he is pretty good, but every now and then, he'll throw a kink out there!
So, we will be doing that, actually he will do the ceiling, I don't have the patience for that! This will be in baby stages, because I have to budget everything I do. I won't hit him with the other bathroom right away, but I'll pay him back some other way for doing the scraping part at least! LOL!
I am thankful for so many things. I have been just really kind of down, going through some trials, we all have them, things are looking a little brighter here. My son is going to stay and get involved with the program here for kids with special needs. He will not be moving far away from us, for which I am thankful!
It has been an interesting journey, he is changing, and I am still Mom! I am trying to let go, but yet I am always concerned about his well being. It isn't easy for him to share his emotions with me, and yet he is realizing he NEEDS us still. He and I are opposites, he keeps alot in, and I let it all out! LOL! I have to say what's on my mind, especially when it comes to my family. My husband knows me so very well.
So~ we are all learning here and growing together. We are going to look into a few other options for them both, so we will see.
I hope to find myself with more energy, now that the sun is out more! I sure need it! So I'm starting some things, and hope to not be away as much, but have to sometimes, otherwise I'll never get anything done!
Have a great week!
Blessings to all!

3 comments:

  1. Renee there is always sunshine after a storm. Girl I am so proud of you for not smoking! Hang in there and we will both try to just live in the now.
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO on the not smoking!!!! Love the shelf with the bobbins...very cool. Glad to see you post again. So happy your son will be able to stay at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl so happy you are feeling better.Great job on the smoking.The spool rack is neat idea.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete