Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Questions about blogging~please help if you can.

Good afternoon to everyone. I am happy that my work day is over, and let me just add, I'd already like this week to be over!
I also enjoyed this weeks' Musing, which leads to a question. I know that you sometimes use other photos that aren't your own, how and where do you find these for example~ like strawberries, or anything like bare feet? The pictures that look really perfect looking! LOL! Is this where you search on the web?
Also, the linking. Amy explained this to me, but for the things we attempted it on, it didn't work. I just don't get this stuff. I wish I did, but I just get so dag nab frustrated!
Even now, for me to post my own pictures, it seems to be a big hassle, I still am confused on that one. I don't like too many changes, especially when it comes to this type of stuff.
I know many of you add pictures to your headers~ how do you know what size to make it? Is this too many questions? I should maybe just take a class or something.
I sure appreciate any advice~ my computer is old~ by todays' standards, its' about 5 years old, it's an emachine.
My hubby has us on this thing called google chrome. Are you familiar with it? It's great except for I can't comment on my blog when I am on this setup. I can only comment when I am logged into the other setup. It just can get kind of confusing.
I will be really lost when my hubby is gone! I can't seem to get enough time with him to have him help me with some of this stuff. I really wish I could grasp it better.
I hope everyone has a good week.

5 comments:

  1. I wish I could help you, but I am a computer dummy. I am sure someone will tell you how. I will be interested to know also. Have a great eve. Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you sign into Google, go to the upper left and click on IMAGES. Then just key in what you want to see pictures of. Lots will come up. Find one you like and left click on it. It will enlarge. Right click on it and select save image as. Put into your documents so you can access it when you want it later. All pictures on this site are free to anyone to use. There is a site called Picnik. You can try it for free. It is a photo editing site. In Picnik, you can resize photos, frame them, add text, alter color, add stickers, do different things.If you decide you like it, it is available for enrollment( $24.95 a year). I'm not a google chrome fan, but to each his own, right?
    To link in a post, click on the word you want to link to highlight it. Once it is highlighted, left click on the word link at the header of the post box. A box will pop up. Your word will show up in the top box. You add the address you want to link to in the second box. the click add/ok. Your word will change color to show it is linked.
    To post your pictures in a specific order, go to your file folder where your pictures are. Click and drag them in to the order you want to post. Click on the first one, hold the shift button and click on the last picture you want to post. They should all light up. Click add. They should all download. After they do, just click on add selected. They will pop up on your post box.
    Practice is the only way to learn. Just keep trying. If I could learn it, anybody can!
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you are talking to a computer dummy. My son set up my blog, the problem was he doesn't live with me, so I just had to play with it, I still have problems but I am determined to learn. One program my son set up for me, its free, was Picasa 3, there I can load my pictures, at the bottom of were I load them up there is a place to send an email out of and a place you can blog from, I really like this program. I guess we will just have to learn together. I haven't changed anything on my blog much haven't got that far yet. I do know the more I use something the better and more comfortable I become with it. Hope this helps some, you are not alone in figuring out the computer. Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I set up my own blog, but the directions were so easy. I would help if I could. I know how to upload pictures and that is it! I can't even put a sidebar on mine. Libby had to show me how.
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't seem to get the sidebar to work either!
    I can't wait for my hubby to get home! I won't see him until Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete