Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Ramblings of a primitive addict!
Well, today has been a fairly decent one I will say. The sun is shining, it's a tad warmer~ 51 degrees~ I'll take that! LOL! I can see a bit more of my grass again, and I saw the chickadees frolicking about, so that makes a good start, right?
As some of you know, I am on a pretty tight budget, which isn't a bad thing, challenging sometimes, but God is always good to supply our needs, so anytime I CAN have a bit of fun, I like to go thrifting.
Brandon, my treasure hunting buddy and I got an early start. We only hit one store, and I waited until it was a sale day, so we headed off!
Brandon found some little action robot guys, and a dinosaur I think. To be honest, when I am looking at these places, I am in the ZONE! We have rules, limit ourselves to things we REALLY would like, and no impulse stuff.
I found two picture frames~ more for my family wall that I would like to start this year. I have been slowly gathering frames for pictures I have. I would like to paint them all black. I also scored two more bobbins! They are neat, I like the patina on these, very dark. Also, scored another cheese box, some fabric, there are four types in each bag, all of them I can use in some shape or fashion. Oh, also some cross stitch fabric, an old corn cob pipe, and I think it's a candle stick~ BUT it's pewter! It's not old, but it had the label that stated it's genuine pewter. I think it's supposed to have a hurricane on it. You know me and my light fetishes. Oh! And then there's the birdhouse, I think in it's former life, it was a curtain holder, well I looked for a match to it, to no avail, so I think I will paint it, and hang it in either the kitchen or one of the bathrooms as a small towel holder. I also scored a tin heart candle holder as well. I hope I am not forgetting anything!
I felt like I splurged, but not really too much.
I am showing you all the picture of my boxes in the living room because I now have two more to paint and add. I am wondering about colors. What do you think?
I am a lover of animals too. I love to see all of your furbabies, well here is my furbaby. This is Zipper! He's doing one of his regal poses. I think he and Pumpkin Pie look alot alike, with the exception of Pumpkin Pie has a bit longer of hair, and more white on his face. He's my other boy, spoiled rotten. He loves yogurt!
He always waits for his mommy at the door, he's my greeter.
I also added a few more touches to this display. What do you think? I just need a better attention span!
Thanks for visiting me. God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like you have been busy gathering treasures also! Lots of fun!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you found some real goodies. I really like our sofa. Your shelf and boxes are neat too. Don't you feel good? It is all coming together.
ReplyDeletebetty
I really like all The stuff you have found , But I think my favorite would have to be the kitty it is to cute doesnt seem to be the least bit camera shy either. I will have to post a picture of my baby Jackson its a dog but I think he believes he is one of the kids...lol. But I dont guess he could be cause he listens better then the kids do. Well cant wait till your next post take care and god bless...April
ReplyDeleteYou know I love when people have prim homes that are full of thrifty finds. I do not have a "home decorating" budget, so I have to look for treasures in thrift stores and occasionally, I buy things off blogs and etsy. Most things I have have been bought cheap or at least on sale. I used to envy the homes in Country Sampler with their EXPENSIVE antiques and prims, but I long ago made peace with being a middle class Canadian, and am quite content where I am:)
ReplyDeleteYour home is one of my new faves. I could definately curl up with a cup of tea, and never leave.(you're thinking"glad she's in Canada!)
Hey Renee, nice finds. I love that old bug sprayer too. Cute kitty.8-)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Lorna
Great finds! Your box collection sure is growing. I have one to paint in my basement, but I am still not sure on a color yet. That pewter lamp you bought... I think I just bought its twin. LOL. It didn't have a hurricane either.
ReplyDeleteMary
Great finds!!Zipper is so pretty!!!
ReplyDeletesmiles
Teresa
Hey, I am going to make a family wall of pictures this year too. I have been collecting frames and going to paint mine black also! Mine will go up my staircase and I can't wait to get started on it!
ReplyDeleteYou are getting an awesome collection of boxes! I love the colors you have painted them, they look great.