Sunday, July 24, 2011

Here a tweak there a tweak.




Well, here I am attempting to pull myself out of a decorating slump. This is what I have done so far, and let me say, it has been exhausting! LOL!
First off, there is a green settle sofa there~ well~ it was a FREEBIE and I have fabric, and it needs to be re-done. My husband and oldest son, brought it inside despite my objections! HELLO~ I will need to re- do this! I have NO clue how to do upholstery, I have a book, which I just ran across by the way, I also was in the hopes of getting a friend of mine over here, I am still working on that prospect, otherwise, I guess I will attempt it myself. You know, I did the make-do chair, and that was a tad stressful for me, so I am not a  professional seamstress~ self-taught!
Oh~ and yep I still need hardware for the dry sink! This is such a great piece and I love it, I know it's hard to get a good shot of it, but this is where I put the childs' wagon thingy.  Many have said it looks like a wheelchair, I am not 100% certain, but I know it's old and it caught my eye right off the bat, and the price was right! I decided to place it on top of the dry sink~ which happens to be 6 feet long, I have never seen one this long before. What do you all think? This of course, led to moving other things, my big tote, came upstairs on the black cupboard. I put my new crocks there too, my pew is in front of the window, I think it looks alright there.
I did think to perhaps use the dry sink for an entertainment center. I still may try that at some point, the t.v. would fit, and I could use the other stand somewhere else. I have much to consider~ it makes my head hurt actually! On my old door~ I had thought perhaps to place some shelves on the front for more storage.
I have another old door in the garage that is really neat too, I want to make a cabinet with it and place it in another area of the downstairs, anyhow, I also have a big window that is five feet tall, I have dreamed of making a cabinet with it as well. Do you see a pattern here? I love windows and doors! I could put the window cabinet behind the sofa and that would give me more display room.
I get myself all worked up! It is tiring being me sometimes! LOL!
I kind of like the doll sitting there, I had thought to use one of my real prim gals, but I think she is better suited there. Any thoughts are welcome.
I have enjoyed myself for the most part, OH! Look at my ladder, I hung the baskets~ looks good don't you think? They are basically all the same shape, just different sizes.
Thanks for visiting.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Renee
    Love your dry sink.
    Your displays are coming along nicely too!
    As for the sofa, I would throw a slip cover over it and call it good!
    Enjoy your day!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I'm losing it....I don't see a green sofa in need of being redone....Hmmmmm....Glad to see and hear you're getting yourself back on track - sometimes, starting is the hardest part - but once you do, it just "goes..." Things are looking good - you have lots of fun treasures to work with. Love that dry sink! Have a great week!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some great pieces there, and I think your displays are going great! Ever see that 1980's/ 1990's version of The Secret Garden? The children pulled Collin, the sickly child out into the garden in a wheelchair sort of like the one you have. Frankly, I think it's a great chair whatever kind it may be. Unique to say the least! I can see all manner of dolls, bears and buddies happily riding the day away in it! I like it up high on your dry sink, the structure of it really shows there! Smiling your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got some really neat stuff there! I have to agree with Robin ... what green sofa??? Blessings, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new dry sink and I think the green sofa will look amazing re-upoholstered. It looks great as is, if you like green. I'm not a "green" person myself, though. LOL!
    As for the wheelchair-type thing, I have seen a few of these called doll buggies. The kind that were pulled instead of pushed. Its a great piece for dolls & bears, like someone else said.
    Happy tweaking!
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee~ Maybe that was a doll buggy,in the pic it looks smaller.Whatever it is it's awesome.I would of had to buy it to..smile..Everything is looking nice.Did you make the black doll holding the candle? Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee everything looks great.Love where you put the stroller thingy. I am drooling over those wooden bowls sitting in that lovely black cupboard.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! I am not sure either exactly what it is, it looks like a sulky, but then again, I am not certain. Whatever it is, I think it's interesting, and it was a very good price too. The green sofa is in the background there, trust me, it NEEDS help! LOL!
    Hubby has some projects to do this week hopefully, thanks girls!
    Hugs,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete