Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Just call me crazy

I hope everyone is having a good week so far. I am except my sinus has been acting up a tad. I think it's the extreme heat that's getting to me.
I am always so conflicted about WHERE to focus my attention at this time of the year, however, this year seems to have much to focus on, and well, it's just hard for a gal with attention problems to start with! LOL!
Let's see~ we have oldest sons' gathering~ no biggie, I have been mailing invites out, and also took advantage of facebooks' event page.
Then there's the whole cleaning up the garage saga~ I am determined there will be an end in sight with this! My husbands' aunt actually has volunteered to come and help me with some of this. I am like "YES" because I do not understand how to organize at all. I cannot seem to make concerting decisions with this. Hubby doesn't know this part yet~ he knows I am not organized! LOL!
Then there's the garden saga~ my quest for my ever evolving cottage garden, sod removal. THIS IS WHERE THE HUBBY HAD A BRILLIANT IDEA! He says to me today when I get home from work~ mind you, we have about 30 minutes which is rare to talk. Let's rent a sod cutter on your next weekend off so we can get all this done that you are wanting to. I am like looking at him and it's not quite registering~ he repeats~ I am looking at him~ he says "Honey, did you understand what I said?" Me~ looking at him starting to tear up, "Yes, I hear you".  I am married to a great guy~ did I mention that? Not only that, but I will get help from oldest son and his friend too~ again start to tear up. Mom, I know how much this will mean to you, and it will be SO nice to not have to mow there again! LOL! That's what Kyle says to me.
More changes are on the horizon for our youngest son~ and us. Our neighbors are moving~ we have been neighbors for nearly 14 years now, Brandon and Taylor are BEST buddies. They are like an old married couple the two of them. For those of you that do not know~ our sons' are in the Autism spectrum and Taylor has a brain injury~ he had an anyerism (misspelled) sorry when he was a baby.  They are going to be moving~ we aren't certain yet, they just put the house up and they have already had several offers. It will still be someplace near, but they need a bigger home I guess. Brandon is very bummed~ this is his bud! This week has been full of lots of hugs and reassurance that he will still see his friend, just not EVERY day.
I am sad because I am losing a close friend, a very sweet friend who is very good to both of our kids, but treats Brandon like a member of the family. Again, I won't see her everyday either. Change is hard, but I know it's life, and it doesn't stay the same.
So I guess I am a tad crazy because I seem to keep ADDING more to my pile! Although, I will be getting HELP!  YIPPEE! It's adding~yet finishing because I will be getting some MAJOR things off my list! I still need to paint the trims on the house too.
I added a SWAP/BARTER area at the bottom of my blog~ these are just ideas of things I am looking for. I am always willing to consider this~ as I know what it's like to be on a budget. If there is anything you have seen on my selling blog, or as you know, I do make dolls and things, maybe we can work something out.
I am STILL determined to learn the cross stitch, and I just have to get some ink for the printer and I 'll be set to test GETTYSBURG Mary's free tutorial for us lefties! Cause you know, I have to do everything backwards!
 Have a great week~ God bless!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like the rest of us, dealing with a full plate! Hope everything works out for you Renee.
    Blessings,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee sorry to hear about the neighbors moving.It does sound as if your plate is full.Have a geat day,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad for brandon.It's hard enough having autism then losing the person that understands.I'm sure your friend is a big support since you both live it daily.I'll keep you all in my prayers.Hmmmm maybe a prayer the house won't sell tell brandon is 18 (kidding)Sounds like you are running in circles like me.Take a little time for yourself so you don't get burned out,even if it's just 20 minutes to sit and look at a magazine or sit in the yard with some sweet tea and admire the beauty you've created so far.Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're getting some help - with the garage and with the garden/yard. Yea! Sometimes life is just "full" - and it doesn't help when you have a brain that keeps coming up with ideas/projects and "I wanna do's"! And you know, when you get those done, there'll be more....think of how boring and unfufilling life would be otherwise! Sorry to hear of the neighbors move - but hey - at least they're not moving to the other side of the country - and who knows, the new neighbors may turn out to be just as great and then you'll have two great sets of friends! Happy Thursday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I feel so bad for Brandon losing a very important person in his life. And I feel for you too, but so happy to hear that you will have some help with all the work. You hang in there! I know it will be worth the effort.
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a gem of a hubby, Renee! I hope you hugged his neck and planted a big kiss on him! :)

    So sad about your neighbors moving after all that time and for your son losing such a buddy! The Lord just might have special plans for another special neighbor!

    Hope all goes well with the garage organizing. Glad you have help and I definitely don't envy you there. Although, we have a big cleaning up session in our near future for the loft.

    Hugs to you,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee lets just start praying God sends the neighbor you and Brandon need. He will you know. I have done things backwards all my life and I have done fine. You will too.lol Of course I don't have a creative gene, in my body!I taught myself to X-stitch! Have a great one

    ReplyDelete