Sunday, July 10, 2011
Getting things done! Boy was it Hot!
Well, it's storming out here as I am posting this. Raining pretty hard, I knew they said we might get some storms as well we should with the humidity. I wish I could say I sweated out a few pounds, but it sure doesn't feel like it! LOL! I must have drank over a gallon of water today!
This morning the hubby decides that we WILL paint the floors in the potting shed today. So~ we clear things out, sweep and I get the primer and the paint ready~ I cut in with the brush as he is rolling it out! It goes fast and smooth. For those of you that don't know, I am an excellent painter! I LOVE to paint! I don't use tape and my hubby was SO surprised by my ability! He would never let me paint before! He is very anal~ shh~ about certain things! LOL! Anyhoo~ we did two coats of the primer, then I came in and threw some chicken enchiladas in the oven for lunch, and we had cheesy rice. Well~ I went out and started painting the base coat, because I was worried it wouldn't have enough dry time! Well~ we just made it and now everything is back in, but now he's building me some shelves so I will see what he comes up with tomorrow. So, this is my potting shed, it's a shade called" Henna" by Valspar. It's really pretty!
I thought I'd share a few pictures of some of my perennials~ which was the other thing, he finished the path. It looks great, and then we got a load of mulch. So, my gardens are a work in progress, just like me! LOL!
One of my favorites is one called a Mexican Prairie Coneflower~ can you see it there? They are so darn cute! They were a surprise, I thought I was planting Liatrus~ I do grow things from seed, well, imagine my surprise to find these! They were packaged by Burpee in a Liatrus holder! I love them!
My rock and roll rose is blooming, I have a few asiatic lilies, I was so glad, because those darn rabbits pretty much ate all my other ones! Can you tell I get a little excited talking about gardening? I love it very much!
So, I got lots done outside, and now I need to focus on the much dreaded garage once again! Sigh! It is progressing, but dear lord, it's taking so long! I will be doing another post on what makes my heart go leaping! OLM is having a giveaway! YIPPEE!
Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is one awesome potting shed, Renee! Looks like I could LIVE in there...holy yikes! (And love that red and white bird house!!) Your yard and gardens and plantings are looking spectacular...I haven't found the motivation this year - the weather was so uncooperative, and now it is too late...That, and the Round-up episode = a "hard candy" kind of planting season. Sure do miss all my blooms. You have a great week too! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin
ReplyDeleteHi Renee, your yard looks wonderful!! I love your potting shed!! I know who to call now when I need to paint.8-)
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!!
Blessings,
Lorna
Oh Renee! I should've called you when I wanted the inside of our house painted. I would've gladly picked you up & driven you back home & handed you the $4300 which you-know-who charged me. Your shed looks absolutely wonderful! I keep telling John that we need a shed but of course there's too many other things to take care of first. Where did you get your birdhouse? I really like it! Also love that wagon that the doll bed is lying in : ) The perennials & gardens look great! Don't worry too much about the garage. I cleaned ours a couple months ago but still have too much junk in there (thus the need for a shed). Lowes has some special shelves I'd like to buy which should make things a little nicer than just piling it all on banquet tables. You've worked hard & you've done good! Blessings, Shirlee
ReplyDeleteYour yard is beautiful. You are making such progress. The potting shed is so nice.
ReplyDeletebetty
Oh the potting shed looks like a dreamy place.Pretty enough for a magazine picture.Your gardens are so worth the work you put in.Just beautiful.Hugs sis!~Amy
ReplyDeleteWill you share some of your energy? Your hard work is paying off and I love looking at your gardens. I'd love to visit your shed! I see lots of goodies in there.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Sheila
Love your potting shed !Your gardens are enchanting .Keep up the good work.Hugs,Jen
ReplyDeleteYour potting shed is awesome! I really would love to have one.
ReplyDeleteYour flower beds are coming along nice ~ they are beautiful. Something else I need to work on but right now the mosquitos are soooooo bad.
Happy Gardening!
Prim Blessings
Robin