Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Help! I need somebody~ opinions purty please!
Good day to everyone! It is hot, and nasty humid here, it's been raining all morning, so it's pretty glum outdoors. Today, I have been cleaning, which just NEVER seems to have an end in sight! Why is that? LOL! Laundry calling my name, hungry boys, both two and four legged kind, dishes to be washed. You all get the idea, anyhow, left to my own devices, I decided to try and work on the homestead a bit more.
Which, I have this old~ although I am not really certain HOW old it is, but I have had them for several years now, and well, I really had no clue what I was going to do with them. I just liked them, so, well, the paint is sort of chippy, which I don't mind so much, except for the cat, you know I just think about things like him eating chips of paint. Has he before? Not to my knowledge, but there's always a first time! Well, these are green, so I have thought do I leave them, do I paint them? I don't know, what do you all think? This is realistically, the ONLY place I have to put them. Which way~ or not at all? I was thinking I could put more of my "girls" in there.
I also had my "baby"~ not really anymore, he's darn near as tall as me! LOL! Hold up a few options by my picture~ he didn't really listen to moms' direction on how to hold them, but I am at their mercy sometimes.
The black one or the wooden one. Is it too much wood? I have the settle, the tables, the clock. Do I opt for something else?
I also put a few things for sale on the selling blog, remember, I am open to swapping, and also, just simply make me an offer, I am not a hardnose, I just try and keep things fair. I have my "wish list" at the bottom, to which I haven't been able to come up with anything new to add lately, but shoot me a shout.
I am done with my swaps, I just need to mail them out, which will be in a few days, have to wait for payday.
Angie, I hope you will like your goodies! I am trying to finish some things I have started as well, I think it will take me some time for a few of them, just too many things to be done.
I busted a vein in my right hand on Friday night at work, so my hand is VERY nasty looking and also very sore! You don't realize how much you use something until it's hurt! I have bumped it several times, which just makes it hurt all the more! LOL! I told you all, Grace is not my middle name!
I have seen many blog friends that are going through some difficult things right now, I just want you all to know, I am thinking of you and keep your chins up, when in doubt, look up! God is with you, you are not alone, and it makes me thankful that I am not God! Because, how does he keep everything all straight? I would be overwhelmed with it all~ but that's why he is God! LOL! I tell you, it just makes my head spin sometimes, I have met some of the kindest people blogging, I am so glad too, because I don't have a lot of close friends here, a few, but I certainly must say how I feel so blessed to be a part of your everyday lives in some fashion.
I don't know if we will get to do the yard this weekend or not, it's looking like rain all weekend, but I am waiting to see. Have a great day everyone! God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ditzy me~ I forgot to tell you what it is~ the crib and the highchair! LOL! You all wouldn't WANT to be in my head! LOL! Bad ADHD!
ReplyDeleteI like the second one where the crib is in the middle of the highchair and chair.
ReplyDeleteThen for the wall, I am leaning towards the wood piece. It's size is more in tune with the size and shape of the clock, than the long black one. If that makes sense. It would help if your son held them to the wall better. LOL I am so kidding on that last part. ;)
I hope it cools down soon for ya!
Blessings, Jessica
http://blessingsinthecountry.com/
Renee,
ReplyDeleteOk, try taking the crib across the front of the door... neither is just working quite right for me.... also I don't mind the color... but sometimes, I get walnut stain gel from minwax and use that here and there to prim things up a bit more...Just a thought....
Now the wall, I like the black....so no help at all I am sure! LOL! Take care of that hand, all I can say is major OUCH!!!! OLM
I am with OLM ,I think the crib needs to be across the front of the door .I like the color of the two pieces.For the wall I like the black piece because it pulls the dark color from the picture. Hope that your hand is better soon ,that has to be really painful.Hugs,Jen
ReplyDeleteAlrighty...you asked, I'm saying...(but this is not a good idea cuz I'm no good at this!!) Yes to what OLM is saying...If I have to be honest, I'm not really loving them either way right now - although if you're going one of those ways do it the second (I don't like the two chairs right next to each other...) I also think you should take a dark stain/distressing medium to them (I love Bri wax)and then a matte sealer or varnish...will protect kitties and prim them up a bit. I vote for the black piece on the wall...you need length there for balance...And don't hate me...but have you thought about changing out the yellow walls to something a little more neutral??? Just a thought!! Hope your hand heals quickly...that sounds painful! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin
ReplyDeleteLOL! The Cranky Crow said everything I was going to say, except about your wall color. I like the crib in the middle in the second photo and also the black piece on the wall. We could get a better idea about your crib and highchair after you add some babies to them. :o)
ReplyDelete~Carolyn
Okay Renee. You did ask. As a former antique dealer and a bit of a purist, I wouldn't touch the crib or high chair. I sold a small 1890's doll bed in that color years ago forwell over a 100.00 I like the long piece and I too the the arrangement in the second pic works for me. You, my dear, will have to play with it and see what makes you smile. I want you to go with what you love!
ReplyDeleteOh dear I didn't preview and meant to sat "like the", not the the!
ReplyDeleteHey Renee, I just sent you an email...I love the 2nd and 3rd photo of the items you have there..;)maybe just stain the green items to give them a bit more primness to them.. have a great weekend.;)
ReplyDeleteGina ;)