Thursday, August 25, 2011

What is up with Blogger and my swap with Gina!




Well, I don't mean to confuse everyone, but blogger is really being difficult lately! My pictures turned up sideways~not sure why, it's done this before, I turn them, and they still show up this way. I have also noticed that sometimes it won't allow me to login.
I don't have that much exciting to share, I just HAVE to survive Saturday~that is all. I really don't enjoy being in large groups of people, I cannot help this, I get a lot of anxiety, and I find the older I am getting the harder this is. By larger, I mean, more than 50 people~ I have to deal with this at work~I don't like it, but it's part of it~ I am trying to look at this as this is my job, I have to do this. I always worry myself to the point of insanity because I want things to be right and everyone to be happy. I know~ SILLY me! Trying to break out of a 40 year habit!
I spent yesterday doing laundry, hanging laundry outside, one of my favorite things to do! Had the windows open, by the way, they still need cleaning yet.
I sort of had an epiphany, actually one of my forum pals~ Lori made a suggestion~she has moved into this BEAUTIFUL home! OMG~ it's too die for! Not literally, but you know, it's just wonderful!
Well, she has a lot of "stuff" too, and she said she was feeling overwhelmed and started grouping things together. Now, why didn't I think to ever do this? Here I am, just beating myself up because I can't figure out what to put where! I should just try grouping things together! I am not organized, but I am a perfectionist~ Yes, I watch the show Hoarders~ I am not that bad, but I can still relate to some of the situations here~not the dirty part, but the feelings of anxiety and not feeling like you are quite measuring up.
So~this gal is finding her way.
I also have realized that I need to stop comparing my home to that of others' because sometimes it can make you feel pretty bad inside. I know~and if I didn't go thrifting, which isn't all the time, then I could maybe save that money to do some of these other things, so I am going to try and not to buy much, maybe a few things~ok~ we shall see. Am I making any sense here ladies? LOL!
I am getting excited to get started on my bathrooms~ this is one of the things I plan to tackle on my vacation! YIPPEE~ 6 days off in a row! I cannot wait! I will do the boys' main bathroom first, this will actually become mainly Brandons' bathroom, once I tackle the downstairs bathroom.  This is where it gets difficult for me~ having ADHD, this bathroom doesn't have a vanity, WHICH is being planned by the way. I know realistically, I SHOULD focus on the main bathroom, BUT  I can't help but get sidetracked with this one! LOL! I have some REALLY cool things to utilize in here, and that is what I am thinking about! All I can say is ~ Mr. Kyle better watch it! Mom may take over this one! LOL!  Not really though, I don't like showers, and this bathroom only has a shower. I have to go and get paint for the main bathroom, so that will be sometime next week.
We did have a great time at the cabin. It was lovely weather, and it's so peaceful there. We went 4-wheeling and the boys did a bit of fishing and swimming. I learned a new game~ Skip-Bo. It was fun.
I recently did a swap with Gina over at Catnap Inn! She fell in love with my green wheelbarrow, so we decided to do a swap. I think everyone saw hers already, she is quite happy with it, and so am I! LOL!  It went to someone who will appreciate it! I received this AWESOME sheep! I love him, and sat him with Netty Too~ (OLM) and a Panda bear on my settle bench. I also received this sheep plate, and she sent me some patterns for cross stitch, which I have yet to try. I STILL need to get ink for my printer.
So, thank you to Gina! I sure enjoyed it.
I am getting inspired to start on my doll for the swap that Amy is hosting over at Bumblebee Lane! So much to do! My boys will be heading off to their new programs after Labor Day. I have to get a few supplies for them yet. We have saved enough money to purchase Mr. Kyle his first car. Nothing fancy at all, it's a Pontiac Sunfire, I believe. He hasn't taken his test yet for his license, but I have been having him driving me everyplace! He will take the bus to his program some of the time, our winters here are BRUTAL, so I don't expect him to want to drive all the time. I don't even want to, but it's Minnesota, you have to learn sometime.
My mom will be coming for a visit toward the end of September, I am very happy about that. I miss her, haven't seen her in over a year now.
We are nearing closer to our neighbors move. It is very sad, and both boys realize it will be different, I wish it weren't happening. We are getting a single gal moving in their house, so no family.
I suppose I have rambled on enough. I appreciate everyone who stops by  and comments.
Have a good rest of the week! God bless!

9 comments:

  1. Good morning Renee!Ive enjoyed reading your blog.You have wonderful talent!Im the same way about the organizing part too,I call it cosmetic cleaning.Perfect on the outside but just dont open the closets or cabinets:)I love hoarders as well,it keeps me in check so I can see that Im not getting that far gone yet.Enjoy your day!Love your swap from Gina!hugs michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoy your blog so much! Your swap looked like to turned out wonderful :) I don't like big crowds of people either.. and I too compare my house to others and confuse myself and makes me discontented so I have to stop too.. I am so glad I follow your blog and have become friends!
    Hope you have a nice rest of the week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful swap goodies!!
    I don't like crowds either.
    You may not be able to tell in blogland but Im actually quite shy.
    Ive even been known to have panic attacks when I have to go to do something new and out of my comfort zone.

    Hugs,
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Renee
    Wonderful swap goodies from Sweet Gina!!! Nettie looks so cute with them!
    have a wonderful week~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always adored that sheep Gina made.I haven't forgot you sweetie just been so caught up with everything.I plan to get your goodies mailed out monday.I love the liberty sisters you sent angie if you have anymore of those email me and we'll work something out.I don't like crowds either.I always try to be perfect too and you in reality can't please everyone.I like more casual get togethers.Just hang out with the people you feel comfortable with.You'll be fine.I'm glad you were able to save enough for Kyle's car first step at idependance for him.Well sweetie have a wonderful time.Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have them "grouped"..I love grouping things..I tweaked my wheelbarrow..you will be proud..I love it.;) I don't mind small crowds..hubby hates them..I guess it depends on whose there and what we are doing..have a wonderful day.:)and thanks again..)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok ladies, I must confess also...I don't like crowds and I'm lost away from my home! That was hard, but it's said! Don't feel bad about your home. One thing I've learned, no two women have the same taste or decor skills. I put into my home what I like and I don't mind showing how, what, or why...because it it mine! Paid for and if I want something different, I buy a can of paint! That's the new in my home! Have a good day...Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are just right in my eye, and you keep me wondering what you are going to do next!lol I am so happy your Mother is coming and I know your bathroom is going to be wonderful. Everybodys home is different and is them. There is no such thing as perfection. Lori may be close in decorating, but lets not tell her.Okay?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your wonderful swap goodies from Gina....but, ya know....I have this THING for sheep!! Good luck on Saturday...what are you doing? Did I miss something??? I HATE crowds - being in law, I've learned to be able to comfortably address crowds - give presentations, speaking things, and stuff - but shopping or driving in crowds drives me nutty crazy!! (Or even if there are more than 9 cars that drive past our house in a day can send me over the edge....) Yeah....I'm weird that way. Tweak on, Sweetie...think you're doing more than well! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete