Saturday, August 6, 2011

Offerings.






Good evening everyone! It is hot here and we did have some rain, but it's not been enough to cool it down.
I worked out in the garage a bit more today~ was going through more totes, I must have about 30 of them, I don't even know at this point!
I am posting some pictures~ today has been a mixture of pictures, organizing, whatever that may mean! LOL! I went through several totes and boxes today. I just have SO much, it's ridiculous!
I love making dolls, and I have a lot of them around here. I was in several shops~ at one time, I was in about 7 shops total. I used to do pretty well, but then as time went on, most of these shops closed, so this is what is left from that.

I don't typically make that many of one any more. I like to make OOAK because that makes it more fun I think, and my attention span is very short, so I know it's  sad to say, but if I had to remember HOW I put something together, it would be a challenge for me to do so. I think that is why I haven't ever tried making patterns for any of my designs. I have a hard enough time trying to decipher other peoples'  patterns.
I tend to think in pictures~ I just see things in my head and then I do it, I often freehand or freestyle it, so it would be hard to duplicate.
I posted A LOT of things on the selling blog today, so please take a look. Like I said too, I have a list of things I am looking for below here, and well, I am also open to swaps.
My son turned 18 this week~ I just can't believe it! He is having some friends over for pizza, we are now down to the last friend being here. My youngest son will turn 14 on Monday, and it's also my 19th wedding anniversary! So~ Brandon sort of surprised us on our anniversary! LOL! I got my hubby a card, I hope he will remember! LOL!
I got a pattern and I can actually understand it for the most part! LOL! I LOVE the old bears~ OH! Bestill my heart! I ordered one and got it this week, so I went and got some supplies for that. It will be a winter project most likely. I have too much to do!
I will be done with the garage shortly though, so I will FINALLY be able to move on to something else! YIPPEE! I am determined!
My mom will be coming for a visit next month and we are so excited! Haven't seen her in over a year now, I can't take it anymore!
I am sort of rambling here~ sorry for that, things just come into my mind. I sure love all the fall things I am seeing and I love fall, decorating and all that, but I am sad to see summer ending too. My gardens look a little sad right now, it's been so hot here, but I still  get sad thinking in just a short time it will be time to cut things back and file away another season.
I mailed my swap out to Little raggedy Angie, so I hope she likes everything.
Ok~ the pictures above, if you all want exact measurements, let me know. I am guessing at the moment. I am showing you this Acorn basket stand~ I have another just like it, in a box, never opened, it would retail for around 40.00. I am asking 20.00 plus travel fare. It's about 4 feet tall.

The Proud Annie gal is my own design, she's about 20"tall, and she's got really wide feet! One of my favorites~ her hair is real sheep wool. I am asking 20.00 plus travel fare
Next is "Eva" Gardener! I have done a few variations of her, again I love this gal, she has a real vintage quilt for her apron, she's meant to be a hanger. Around 30" tall, asking 22.00 for her plus travel fare.
I know I think I must be crazy to get rid of this red pail, but  haven't ever used it~ it's brand new. Retails for 16.95~ I am asking 8.00 plus travel fare.
Harvest Annie~ my own design~ she's got a bucket of bounty and a real cutie. She's a big gal~ around 28" long~ asking 20.00 plus fare.
Then there's the angel with the heart. A Click your Heels pattern I think~ anyhow, she's just fun! She was VERY tedious to do! I am asking 22.00 for her plus travel fare.
Thanks for looking and thanks for visiting! I am working on something kind of unusual~ so bear with me!
I need to ground myself from here awhile so I can get some stuff done! LOL!
Hugs and God bless!

8 comments:

  1. Cute offerings Renee....Glad to hear "progress" in your posts...sounds like you're getting things accomplished. Now if you can send some of that "gitter done" stuff my way, I'd appreciate it!! Arrghhh...so much to do, so little initiative! Congrats on the anniversary - and Happy B-days to the boys!! Wow...busy time at your house. Lots of cake and ice cream?? ;o) Hope you're having a good weekend - and appreciating the accomplishments you've made. Happy Sunday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! You seem to be moving right along on the cleaning out.Love the offerings especially the angel but I am broke with my little boo costing me over $600 in vet bills.Grrr.Glad your sons had a nice birthday.Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary and Happy birthday to the boys. I am so glad you are doing better. I love your offerings. And I think doing patterns your own way and adding touches is just the creative artist in you that makes them extra special. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, Renee
    wonderful goodies~ Happy Anniversary!!
    Happy~ Happy Birthday to the boys~ so many things to celebrate~ fun stuff!!!
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee,
    Wow you have been gettn r done ! given ya an ATTA GIRL PAT ON THE BACK! :0) I cant wait to see what you sent either ! I almost have yours done too, will most likely be Tuesday when it goes out ! Love all those dolls , too cute , super talented stitcher you are ! Cant wait to see what your working on next! happy anniversary and happy birthday to the boys! have a great day ! hugs lil raggedy angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your basket tree. I don't want to be bossy, but shouldn't you keep that red bucket for Christmas? I can just see it with a Christmas tree in it, or on the porch full of greenery, or I could go on and on!
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee,

    Happy Birthday to your boys!!!And of course happy Anniversary!

    Wonderful job on all your creations! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woot Woot!!!! You go girl. Out with the old or unused. I need to do this AGAIN!!! I sold my basket stand stand too this year. I just don't have the room.

    I too like making OOAKs. You are absolutely right it's the attention span thing.

    ReplyDelete