Saturday, May 28, 2011
Adventures in being a mom and TREASURES!
I hope everyone is having a great morning so far! It's sunny here and I thought I would get this post in before I have to start on my project this weekend! In my gardens, lots of things are about to bloom, it seems as if they're just in limbo. My lemon lights azalea is blooming, I am not sure what to do with it, it has never really taken off, I have thought about moving it, it just hasn't gotten bigger or leafed out as much as I had hoped for. I am curious to see my lilacs all bloom this year. I have three varieties, and would like to sneak a few more in! My snowball viburnum is starting to bloom now, behind there is my climbing rose, I also plan on adding a few clematis there as well. I did get another clematis, it is pictured there near the brick in front. I was thinking about placing it with my rose, and possibly another variety I have that I need to move. I figured out the birds I have nesting~ a pair of finches and a robin!
I had an outing with my oldest son after work yesterday. He doesn't like going out too much, he's a homebody for the most part. Welcome to the world of Autism! He did mention to me that he wanted to look nice for his last days at school, well, it was 25%off day at one of my favorite places, so that is where we headed to. I am also grateful our boys aren't picky about things having to be new or a certain brand name.We found several pairs of shorts to try on, and he was in heaven because he found two brand new Call of Duty and Halo t-shirts! He is a big time gamer! Oh and then he found the Star Wars trilogy set~ we have had two, and they wore them out! I found a few things myself, I first found the Raggedy Ann, she is wooden, and then I thought, I wonder if there's an Andy! I looked down a few shelves, and there was Andy! Someone made them, and they are vintage from the 1980's, I really like them! I also found this lamp~ it's a pink canning jar light, I don't think it's old though, the lid fits it too well, and it looks new, but I still love it anyhow!
Then I let my son drive us to the last two places~ Walgreens, and Caribou Coffee. If you all don't have a Caribou, I feel for you, I do! Starbucks has nothing on them! Sorry Starbucks! They are local, and my favorite coffee is the Turtle~ YUMMO! So we treated ourselves. Kyle got a raspberry white peach smoothie, all natural. He said it was delicious! Mine was too! Kyle is learning to drive, Lord give me strength! He did pull into the driveway a LITTLE to fast, and banged the mirror into my husbands' mirror! Good thing they are older vehicles. He is a great kid though, and I am very proud of him! We keep trying to pull him out, their tendency is to keep to themselves, I stay on him!
Brandon is getting to go with his friend to a cabin today for the weekend! What am I to do? Oh yeah~ clean the dreaded garage! LOL!
I also got a PIF from Tammy over at A Primitive Place! It's the rabbit there in my green cabinet! Isn't he sweet? THANKS TAMMY, I LOVE HIM! I also displayed my faceless doll from Robin~ What do you think? I am trying to figure out what to do with some of this stuff. I just seem to make a bigger mess! I so long to be more with it, I just can't seem to get there. Maybe I just need to give it up! I will be some what lighter after this weekend, although I am sure I'll have some melt downs along the way!
I want to thank you for visiting me, hopefully I will have my hair after all this! Have a safe Memorial weekend! A big salute to the veterans that have/are serving our nation! God Bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Renee~
ReplyDeleteI love your rabbit from Tammy!!
Good luck with the driving lessons. I went through it once with my oldest son & it's almost time for my youngest to go through it. I think hubby will practice with the younger one. I'm not sure I can do it again.
Enjoy your weekend~Becky
hi, Renee~
ReplyDeleteYellow Azalea's so pretty~ Great items from the girls~Tammy & Robin~
You are making cherished memories with your son~ so much fun learning to drive(not for Mom & Dad)but it will all be fine~(I keep telling my sister that in a few months my Neice Kadie will get her temp~ oh, my sister keeps rolling her eyes everytime Kadie mentions it~ I tell my sister remember you(she) was driving around at the age of 14 ( all the country kids did then, of course with Grandparents or Parents with them)!!!Too funny~ way to much traffic now to do that!!!
Keep safe~ enjoy the roller coaster ride of life~ Have a wonderful Memorial Day~
Hugs & smiles
Teresa
Love the bunny and the sweet doll from Tam.Kyle's smoothie sounds yummy.Hope you have a great weekend!~Amy
ReplyDeleteLoved your finds! What fun you must have had with our son. I remember those days. Think thats what turned my hair white! Can't wait to hear about your garage!
ReplyDeletebetty
Oh I LOVE your bunny from Tam - AND your doll from Robin - I think you have them displayed perfectly - but if you truly don't know what to do with them, I'll send you my address! ;o)) Good luck with your garage project (hey - I'll tackle your garage if you do my bathroom....I HATE doing bathrooms!!! Cool finds - don't think I've ever seen a pink canning jar before! Have a wonderful holiday weekend - don't work too hard! Smiles & Hugs, Robin
ReplyDeleteLove the bunny and the green cabinet. It sounds nice to have a day with your son. I have just spent the morning at my oldest sons house helping him plant his flowers, just nice to spend time with the kids. Take care, have a great holiday. Vicky
ReplyDeleteMy son Sam is a big gamer fan. If I did not force him to leave the house he would not leave other than for school but if he could get away with not going I am sure he would skip school. We got to love our kids. All are our blessings. I have moved things in my garden & they did better. Maybr you are headed in the right direction. Love your gray wall cabinet. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteLara
Renee ... Last year I planted 5 azaleas, including a Lemon Lights, in front of our garage wall & then immediately had to dig them up & replant them because when I read the tags it said they like shade or part shade. Planted them around the back of the house. They bloomed but didn't look very exciting. I don't know when it was ... last fall maybe ... I went out & they were just a bunch of long sticks. I trimmed them down really short & this year they bloomed beautifully & right now one of them in particular ... the one in shade all day long ... has a lot of new growth on it. I'll probably trim them down again this year. Hope you're having fun with that garage! I still have a bit of mine waiting to get finished ... lol! Blessings, Shirlee
ReplyDeleteGood morning Renee~
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed looking at your pictures of your beautiful flowers; lots of work but so lovely in your yard. I am looking forward to our swap and have been working on a few goodies for you!
The sun is finally shining here so I'm headed outdoors to putter around and get some fresh air!
Blessings,
SHeila
http://seasonsofthyheart.blogspot.com