Sunday, May 22, 2011

PIF reminder

Good morning! I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Yours truly is working, so I will not say anything, and count my blessings! LOL!
So far, I only have two signed up for the PIF challenge. The idea is you bless someone, ok, 5 someones' with a little something special. If you sign up though, you MUST do the same, the rules are, and I checked! LOL!
You MUST be a follower of my blog, and you MUST have posted with me, and have an active blog of your own. It doesn't have to break the bank, and it doesn't all have to be done right away! It's meant to be fun and a surprise! What gal doesn't like those? Well, it depends on what KIND I guess! LOL!
So, I have only 2 and I need 3 more. I would like to have this closed by Wednesday please, otherwise I am not sure what to do here. We have gotten about two inches of rain so far. There's more in store for today. I did also get all my flowers planted the other day. Now I need it to dry out so I can get the garden tilled up and planted. I have a friend at work, she's a new gardener, so I am helping her. She will be coming over on Memorial weekend, and I plan to give her some of my perennials to help get her started! I am going through some of my garden things for her to have. Oh, and guess what? I have another new roomie moving into the potting shed! Not sure who it is yet, but they're busy constructing a nest! I was so curious about the little clutch of eggs in the other nest, I had to check, and I was scolded, but I think she knows I wasn't going to hurt them, I popped my mirror in there and saw several little fuzz balls! They are SO cute! I'm sorry, not really, how can anyone look around this earth and say it "just happened"? I just SO marvel in the Lords handiwork! I love to hear them all singing in the morning, I like to think of them as praising the Lord!Well, I will close for now, but will try and find something to post later this week. Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

  1. Let me get this right Renee. If I sign up I post it on my blog and send the first five comments something. Do I have to make it? Do you just send five gifts in all. Clear this up for me, please. I want you to get three more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you an e-mail Betty. Aren't you sweet? Please don't feel obligated here. I thought this would be simple, but this IS me we are talking about here! LOL! Nothing EVER seems to be simple!
    No, you don't have to make it yourself, it can be storebought. The whole idea is to bless others, and yes there is 5 and those 5 in turn do the same on their blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee,

    I would love to sign up on your PIF but have already participated in the 2011 PIF challenge a few months back. It was fun to do something special to brighten someone day.

    Ahhh...little new roomies in the potting shed. Momma birds are so fascinating to watch when they are trying to teach their babies to fly. Being right there by their side, coaxing them along...that's my favorite moment.

    Anyway, hope your rain stops and the sun shines for you. It was a beautiful day here in MD yesterday and I got to work out in the gardens. Finally got the bushes trimmed back...boy did they need it. And got the flower fertilized.

    Have a nice Sunday.


    D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Renee! I hope everything dries out up there so you can get back to tending your gardens! It poured here last night so planting things today is not a possibility : ( I think it's so wonderful that you have boarders in your potting shed ... lol! Last year I hung 2 hanging baskets on the front porch & some small birds built a nest in one of them. John & I would sit on the rockers & papa bird would fly in & out of the basket bringing food & nesting material. I'm looking forward to getting hanging baskets this year & I'm hoping for another nesting : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee~ Our little chicks were out flying yesterday still all fluffy with down.Mamma and Pappa always close at hand everytime I went for the camera they moved so gave up and just enjoyed watching.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. renee, you just move forward with the 2 you have. There is no hard and fast rule stating that you must have 5. I think the last PIF soured most people on the whole process. It's no reflection on you at all, just the people that tried to take advantage of the situation. By the time I got involved, I got no comments on my post. Just the other day, I deleted the post. Be happy that you get to provide a bright spot for these 2 and hope you get the gift you signed on for. There are a lot of wonderful bloggers out there but it only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole barrel. ★Linda★

    Please consider doing away with the word verification. Instructions on my sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, that was my thought too. If I don't, that's alright, I will take care of the two I have.
    And I AM planning on the whole verification part, when I can get my hubby in here to help me. I know all about the spoiled apples part! That isn't why I do it, I like to give whenever I can! Have always been like that.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning girl....Bill is at work this weekend and like you I won't say a word because I am just so thankful he has a good job to provide for us and our family...we have birds everywhere in our backyard...a nest of doves in the crabapple..a nest of bluebirds in the bluebird house on the fence..a nest of brown thrashers on the jasmine arbor...a nest of house wrens in the windowbox and lordy knows how many other nest all thruout the yard...oh and one mockingbird nest in the crepe myrtle! lol Thanks for coming by sweetie...have a great day...Picket

    ReplyDelete