Thursday, June 6, 2013

Take time to smell the Lilacs




Well, here I am. It is Thursday, my son had his last day of school and no time for resting in my life it seems. There is always SO much to do, and not as much time to do it!
This weekend, FINALLY, we are getting the veggie garden tilled and hauling in some fresh compost so I can get my veggies planted. It has been wet and cooler here. I hope it warms up some more. I haven't been able to use my clothesline even once yet.
Thought I would share a few pictures, things are slow here this year, but I have Morning Doves nesting with me this year! You can see the daddy on the roof and mommy sitting on the nest! They are so fun, I also have a pair of finches.
My oldest son got his diploma and is onto his next phase with getting a permanent job where he currently works! We are proud of him and his progress!
Going through a lot with Brandon right now, trying to get some more evaluations set up for him and that has been a chore!
Also getting ready for a garage sale, I am not looking forward to it, but it is necessary! I am trying to simplify more, but it is hard for me to do. I get totally stressed out!
My job is going the same, it is better in some respects, but others, it is more stress for me, but I have found that exercising really helps me a lot. I have lost 20 pounds so far. I am feeling better.
I am hoping to get lots of tomatoes to make sauces with this year. I got 8 San Marzano tomato plants, I have heard that these are the best to use!
I have one tomato plant for cherry tomatoes, and one for eating. I am planting green beans, two types, one for canning and one for eating now. I am planting squash and zucchini.  I might be forgetting something~ yep, the herbs!
I did get some broccoli too.
I really want to get some blueberry shrubs, and I have a tip on where to get some. I have a currant bush and also I did spy my raspberry bush! I hope that it comes back well!
I would like to do strawberries too, I have a pot for them, but I am not sure if that is enough.
I use them a lot for my smoothies and just for eating.
I am STILL looking for a bread machine, the one I think I would like to have is of course, very expensive, so we will see.
I am tired of paying 8.00 for two loaves of bread, it is ridiculous!
We quit drinking milk, we now drink Silk almond milk, it is much healthier for you, GMO free, which I really like.
The hardest thing for me with my diet at the moment is the fact that I can't have my creamer, I just don't enjoy my coffee as much.
I don't have that much exciting happening at the moment. I still haven't started on the bathroom yet, the weather has to cooperate more first.
I do want to get that done before the fall though.
I hope that you all are enjoying your week so far. I haven't been on blogland much, it is just hard to balance it all.
I think I pretty much would have to schedule time for it. I am one for needing a schedule. I think it helps keep me on task better.
I am not good at managing my time at home.
Do you all have any tips? I am striving to be organized and less stressed.
God bless you all!

1 comment: