Saturday, May 11, 2013
Spring Fling
Good morning everyone. I hope that you all are doing well. It is a beautiful day so far here this Mothers Day weekend.
My mom called to tell me that my card would be late, since she realized that she forgot to put stamps on the cards. I told her not to worry, it is alright. I sent her card a month early, so that makes us even. I have to do things as I can.
I have not been very faithful with blogging, I am sorry for that, but I guess I have too many irons in the fire so to speak.
I just can't keep up with everything, and I don't have any other excuses.
It has been a slow Spring here, we had snow and then more snow. Finally, I think we are past all of that. I have been cleaning up the gardens a bit, I am planning to work on some more today.
My peonies are starting to pop up, I am excited to see my new one " Charlies' White Peony". I planted it in honor of my deceased cousin, his name was Charlie.
My very good friend gave me the start of a Fern Leaf Peony, I am hoping it will do alright. I planted it yesterday. I have always wanted one.
I am hoping to have pictures to share in the future. Not much is in bloom at the moment.
My son went to his "Spring Fling" a few weeks ago, he looked so nice in his suit. He has grown so much, and we are just going through so many challenges with him this past year and a half. It has been one of the hardest experiences in my parenting career. We are working with some goals for him and hoping that some more help comes into place soon. We are looking into getting him on MA, and we would have to pay a "fee" for this, based on income, but there are services available there, that aren't with private insurance. Isn't that nuts? We are still on-going with the Holistic component, but it is very expensive, and not covered by our insurance. God will provide, that is what I know. I am trusting him for all things. I am not doubting that he is with me, I know he is, and he never promised us a problem free life.
Our oldest son, however, has been doing SO well, I can't believe how much he is growing up! The only thing we are working on, is getting him to take his dirty laundry to the laundry room!
I found a pair of socks in his room, and they were PRETTY bad! I asked him how long he wore them and to tell me the truth. He doesn't look at me, but holds his 4 fingers up in the air. I said "FOUR DAYS!!!" He said " Mom, I was trying to save you money by not washing clothes". LOL! I said, It is alright to change your clothes! Please DO SO!!!
Anyhow, he is graduating from his program on the 29th of this month, and he has a very good opportunity to have a permanent job where he is currently working. We are happy for him and it is one that would provide him a decent living income.
I started doing Pilates and walking and it is really helpful. I also started my HCG diet, so I am in the beginning stages of that. Pretty much, I can have 500 calories a day, and it is supposed to help re set my metabolism. I need something here, even though I have made lots of changes, it still hasn't helped me to lose much weight. You can't have any dairy products, no breads, basically, it is pretty much mostly fruits and vegetables, and some meat, not much. The hardest hurdle for me was coffee creamer and gum. I can drink it black now, so that is good.
I have been working on my house, slowly plugging away. I cleaned my laundry room up, my husband was happy about that, and I have managed to get rid of 6 big bags of stuff.
Have much more to do, but if I do a little each day, maybe I will get there.
Watching "Hoarders" helps me a lot. I would say, I just have a hard time letting go of some things, but I know that things aren't the be all, end all. That is what helps me. But it is still a stressful process.
Hoping to get out and get some planting done soon.
I have managed to get a few things decorated here, but not much. I am trying to come up with some ideas for the fence in front of the house. I might try and play with that some.
I also have a fountain I would like to bring in the house. The problem is, our cat is OBSESSED with running water! We have a fountain for him now, but he still has that urge to get into it! This is a zinc bucket, so I am not sure how that would work, and I am not sure where I would put it yet.
Well, I am going to close for now, I have to get some laundry going and get some things happening here.
Have a great day! God bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good to see you post.Hoarders always seems to help get you motivated don't want to be "that" person.LoL..Hubby and I have started smoothies and juicing as soon as I'm healed I plan to do pilates too.Your son looks so grown up in the pics.I guess it's been awhile since you posted a pic.Warm Blessings!~Amy
ReplyDeleteAfternoon Renee, handsome son and looks so grown up......cool today here, things slowly blooming......My Sis has a cat obsessed with running water too, funny......Happy Mothers Day, Francine.
ReplyDeleteHello Renee, your son looks so handsome. I've been trying to get things caught up around here, as well. Seems like things always get backed up in the winter. I have even been getting rid of some of my crafting supplies. After awhile we get so much stuff, we can't find what we are looking for, that's when I say that's enough, some of this is leaving. Hope you have a Blessed week, and warmer weather, Trisha
ReplyDeleteHi Renee, so glad to see your post and catching up with you! Your son is handsome young man. Hope things get better for you both. Don't even mention cleaning clearing and tossing...I think we all take this time to purge, there is something about the Spring that brings it on. Would love seeing your flowers. The Peonies sound pretty being white.
ReplyDeleteOur cat loves running water too. We leave it running a little in the bath sink for her. She is always in there swiping it with her paw and making a mess.
Well, I sure hope you have a Blessed Sunday. Take good care now!
Loretta xx