Saturday, March 30, 2013
Happy Easter!
Good morning everyone! I was awakened by very LOUD thunder this morning, it shook my whole house! We still have plenty of snow on the ground, but I am hoping this will melt more of it, and also not flood. I am ready for Spring to arrive. So glad it is the weekend, and I plan on doing my shopping here shortly.
I just wanted to touch base and let you know what I have been up to. I do feel like a turtle sometimes, but it is hard for me, the older I am getting to keep up with everything.
I am trying to limit my computer time to help me out too, it is not easy, but I know I CAN do it!
I completed my two craft challenges, if you recall from my past post, I had to only do one, but I chose to do two. I am happy with the result. I still need to get some chalk for the one, but I made the Checkerboard into a message center. I really like the heart design on the top of it, so I kept that, and then used the chalkboard spray paint! Like that stuff! I made a wire holder for the chalk, but I didn't have any chalk, so I have to get some.
I also made over the white rabbit, I got inspired at work one night and recalled the "Little bunny foo foo" song. I stitched it on some muslin and then nailed it on with little tack nails. I like it for Spring.
I finished one of my dolls, I like the raggedy dolls, but I really seem to like the black dolls. This is "Sadie and her funny bunny". I used a vintage bunny I had stashed. It can be removed too.
I was fortunate to finally get some of those old time scissors, and I placed one of them in my hand and heart make-do I got from Amy over at Bumblebee Lane. I really like it there it adds more detail to it. I decided to hang the rest on my corn cob dryer.
I think I might join another ornament exchange with my one group of friends, it will be an Americana theme this time. I already have a plan.
We are still doing gluten free, and slowly making changes in our house. We all feel better, it is a lot of reading labels and just not buying junk.
My hormones are giving me problems though, and I am going to embark on a diet of sorts recommended by my homeopathic Doctor. I will be starting that sometime this next month.
I will have to give up creamer in my coffee, if I want to continue to drink coffee. It will be different. I have given up a lot already, but also I have to give up gum.That will be a tough one. I have got to do something though, I have to. Even with all the changes, I have only lost 10 pounds so far, and that is not enough for me!
Brandon is making improvements, we still need to find him a mattress, it has been hard to shop together. My husband has been working more hours which is good, but then we never see much of him. Don't get me wrong, I can make decisions, but it is nice when he is there.
So maybe we can go look later today.
I am still working on my family wall of photos. I need more frames, but I am waiting. I have 15 pictures hung so far. Much more to go!
I hope that you all have a wonderful Easter. Enjoy the egg hunts and all, but remember what it really is about... the man that loved us enough to die on a cross.
The news is so depressing anymore, I cannot hardly bear to have it on, and I can't stand our President, I don't even want to listen to him talk! He is a LIAR, and I detest everything he stands for. I would like for him to go away! I have to trust that God is in control, and he is, this makes me so sad though to see the direction this country is heading for. I know this all has to take place, but it is not easy to watch.
I am sad for my friends going through trials, everyone has something happening. Just leaving it with the Lord, that is all I know to do.
I did get some news on my nephew~ he had a mass on his brain, they said it was benign, and it was able to be drained, so they will be draining that, and he will be fine, which is GREAT news! Praise God! It has been causing him to have small seizures. Some type of cyst.
I am thinking that I would like to paint my kitchen this year, I have requested some time off in May, but I think I can get a few other things done before then.
The bathroom is getting done, because I have to get that one done! LOL! It is hard to share a bathroom with two teen age boys! Everyone is trying to get ready at the same time, not working!!! LOL!
Getting my butt in gear there at least.
I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for stopping by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Easter~
ReplyDeletesmiles
Teresa
Happy Easter Renee!~Amy
ReplyDeleteEaster wishes, Francine.
ReplyDeleteThings are getting worse in the world, but God is still on his throne. So glad I know who holds the future.
ReplyDeleteLove all the things you made, you are very creative.
Happy Easter!
Wishing you a wonderful Easter with family and friends!
ReplyDeletePrim Blessings
Robin
Hope your Easter was wonderful. I love it when you post. I miss you
ReplyDelete