Sunday, February 24, 2013
A few things I have done.
Hello everyone. I hope that you all are doing well, and that you enjoyed your weekend. Mine was busy, it was my weekend to work, so I didn't get much fun time. It was a little bit warmer, so it was nice.
I am involved in a prim group of friends, anyhow, there was an ornament exchange started for Spring, they typically do a few of these, but the others are more challenging for me, because of work. Anyhow, I made ten of these little "Spring Angels". No two are totally alike, since I don't use patterns. I think they turned out really well. I am excited to see what I will get, so I will have ten ornaments for my tree.
Now we have another fun challenge in the same group. Take a dated thrift store item and redo it. So, I have my two choices, the heart checkerboard and the rabbit. I have something special in mind for the checkerboard. Not sure about the bunny quite yet. I will wait and see what hits me. I have until the 25th of March.
I have done some rearranging, however, it is slow going.
I did manage to get some picture frames painted black. I have more to do tomorrow. I want to make more progress on my family wall of photos.
And, I finally got myself some really nice work shoes with a nice orthotic in them! My feet aren't used to the "normal" now, so it is taking some time, but I like this better than what I was dealing with. Now, I just have to save for my everyday shoes. I felt slightly guilty for spending money like that on myself. I know that is silly, but I do think like that. I do know that it was necessary for my well being. I am used to being last on the list.
I am also looking forward to getting my new Vitamixer! God is so good! My mom, an (avid QVC fan) called me to tell me that the one I wanted was a "Today Special Value" and also on 5 easy pays! That was SUCH a blessing. I can't wait to get it. It will really benefit our family.
I have more seeds I want to get planted too.
I did share a picture of one area I have redone~ I did dye some fabric, but I think I burned it some, I have to check it again. I want some plain fabric to hang from this shelf.
I also had a brainstorm on something I can make for one of the walls perhaps. I just have to be able to get to the items, they are in my garage. More display room is what I need.
I am sort of rambling on, that is because I am tired I know. If only we didn't have to sleep.
I was also called by my dad this past week because my nephew whom is nine, was having these mini seizures. Well, they took him in and found this huge mass, size of a baseball in his brain. No one knows what it is exactly, so they had to travel to another hospital that is over an hour and twenty minutes away.
Well, apparently when they started the MRI, he started to flip out. They stopped and then told them they have to come back another time. WHAT? They should have sedated him ahead of time~ I said I wouldn't have left there until they calmed him down and then sedated him and gotten this done! Not when something like that is happening, you don't say Come back again... No, way!
So now, of course, I have no idea when he will be seen. So, I have been praying for him, as well as many others.
I don't get to see him often, but I do speak with him on the phone from time to time. He is a very sweet boy.
Then there is my son~ I will get into that one later on~ but I am tired. It's a good thing we are trying to make life changes!
I really need the energy level!
Well, I will close for now, but just wanted to try and get a post in.
I bought a Gluten free cookbook also, I am excited to try some recipes.
God bless you all.
Thanks for stopping by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your ornie for the swap is cute.Hubby wants one of those vita mixers too but I wonder if we would actually ever use it.I'm ready to get some seeds in to.I'm going to try a bucket garden this year.We are usually so busy in the summer the vegetable garden gets over run so I think doing it in the buckets will help.Warm Blessings!~Amy
ReplyDeleteHow lucky you are to have a Prim group to swap with....I have yet to find any thing like that around here. :-( Love your ornie. I also love the color on your walls in the first picture - can you tell me what it is? I tried to find a color like that for our guest room, but it ended up too 'peachy' for my taste. Thanks for your help.
ReplyDeleteAlways good to see you posting. I miss you on the forum, but see you on FB time to time.Hope all goes well for you. I love your bunny. Your ornament you made was so cute! I know they will love them. Have a great day
ReplyDelete