Monday, February 4, 2013

Changes...



Good morning to all of you. I know I have been away for quite some time now. I have been busy at work, and I have also been on facebook a lot more than here.
Sometimes, it is faster to connect there.
I hope that you all have been doing alright, I have managed to read some blogs, but I am way behind.
The more things change, the more they stay the same... Have you heard that saying? Well, I am TRYING to change some of my habits, I don't know why I have all of the habits that I have, I guess you just get stuck in a rut. Well, I am ready to get out of mine, so we are making changes in our house~ very slowly.
I have been having some health issues~ mostly due to hormones and I am working on getting better. I have started on a life change, the foods we eat and the things we are exposed to, cause us more problems than we are even aware of.
On a quest to help our son, we have decided to change our eating habits, although it will take time and we are not able to get all the components we need for this yet, we are working on things weekly.
On my wish list currently, A Vitamixer, and a pasta attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer. I also had~ notice the past tense~ a bread machine that I FINALLY was brave enough to try, only to have it fall on the floor and bust! I was SO upset. My mother has kindly agreed to give me hers. She has barely used it, so she is sending it my way.
We have been working with a Homeopathic Doctor, and are slowly learning a lot!
I have plans to expand on my home garden this year, and have already placed one seed order. I have one more which I would like to do. Trying to stay away from GMO based seeds. It is a lot of reading and research, but worth it in my opinion.
Trying to buy more organic and less processed. It is important to know where your food is coming from.
I am still working on my house, which is such a slow process for me. I don't know why it is harder to let some things go, but it is hard. I have been slowly weeding things out. It seems to be hard  for me to keep my focus, which is another reason I am working with the Homeopathic Doctor.
I have started sowing seeds already though~ for perennials. I have done coneflowers so far. I will do some Black eyed Susans, and I would like to do some Columbines and maybe a few others.
My oldest son took his first college class. He was able to pass it, but for now, he has put any of that on hold. He has a hard time focusing on more than one thing. Sound familiar? Well, I am not that bad, but anymore, I cannot handle a lot of things altogether. Not like before.
He is working now though, and I am very tickled for him. He is working at a recycling facility, and they have already bumped his hours up, so he is getting 40 hours a week! They like his work ethic, I am glad at least some of us has rubbed off!
Brandon is having a tough time, but we are working on things. I pray a lot! It is/has been a constant battle, but I am ever hopeful that there is an answer.
I have been crafting some again, I have two dolls that I am working on now, giving a sneak peek of them. I am also in a Spring ornie exchange with some of my prim pals that I have been friends with for many years now.
I am so very disappointed with how the past election went, I just cannot describe how heavy my heart has been. I have asked the Lord to help me not to dwell on things that are not in my control~ nothing really is anyhow, but that I don't have to be afraid. Trusting him is what is important and that is what I plan on doing.
I have been still into my Devotion as well as getting into my Bible more. Trying to be better about that!
Anyhow, I cannot promise weekly posts, but I will try and be better. Another thing I need to do is spend less time on the facebook, which is also addicting.
One thing at a time. One moment at a time.
I hope that you all are doing alright. Some of you I keep up with on facebook.
I see they have made changes to blogger.
Have a great week! God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Renee! So glad to hear about you seeing a Homeopathic Doctor and switching to more real food. I started on that road last summer. I have hormone issues too, mine is with PCOS. Eating healthy fats and good protein and trying to steer clear of GMO and soy since my hormones our out of whack as it is! I just finished a book by Joel Salatin called Folks, This ain't Normal. Such an eye opener from an honest to goodness farmer. It really made me want to grow our own food.

    I felt the same way about the election. I was really not expecting that outcome. Trusting God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, I am so happy to see you posting. Glad you are taking control and things are looking up. Cannot wait to see pictures of those gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Renee, I have not gotten to visit with you much sinced I joined your site. you have such a sweet and gentle heart for the Lord...that is evident..so glad you posted your heart today...Please make sure you do that more often.. You have encouraged me.. Our world is changing and yes, we have to trust the Lord to guide us through.. That is why we need other Sisters in Christ in blog world...Can't wait to see your garden..Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee,

    So missed you in blogland, so glad you haven't given up here! I too am trying really hard to get us on the right path with eating, reading labels...that is a scary one! YIKES! I to was disappointed with the november outcome... I will be a good girl and just say ...sigh....hugs! OLM

    ReplyDelete