Thursday, September 20, 2012
Hello~ it's me~ and Zipper too.
Hello everyone! I am sorry I have been away for a bit, but life has been a little busy. Like usual. I am enjoying the day, windows are open, laundry is on the line, I have been in the kitchen most of the day. Made pumpkin muffins, cookies, a broccoli/cauliflower bake, and also some homemade vegetable soup. I am getting ready to make an Apple Molasses snack cake next. I am in the cooking mode today.
I wanted to share with you all some things I have done around here. I am almost done with the swap items, I hope to get those mailed out soon.
And thank you all for listening to my heartbreak the last post. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers of everyone. We have been doing lots of talking and I have been certainly praying a lot. Not sure yet how this will all play out.
It is something that we take one day at a time. Brandon has been invited to his first Homecoming Dance, and so he is excited. I am not sure I am. but he will have a good time I hope.
He is also in a play at school~ Charlottes' Web, he is playing Charlotte. His class~ they put on a good production~ last time it was Aladdin. The play will be in December.
My mom was here for a visit recently, and dummy me, I forgot to take any pictures! It was nice to see her, and it always goes by so fast. We hung out and the one thing we did was go to the thrift store. I found a lot of nice clothes for the boys, and the only thing I bought was a two-tones pitcher and the curtains that you see there. Someone made them, they are red gingham checked, and I was instantly drawn to them. Not bad for 7.80! They are a little short, but not too bad. They really cheer up the room, and look nice with the buttercream yellow on the walls.
I am finishing up on sealing the bathroom sink. I am sure Kyle will be happy to have his own bathroom very soon. I have a few more coats to do yet.
If you all haven't tried the Glade Maple Pumpkin room sprays, Oh my! They are wonderful! I have been trying to get a few stashed back, they smell SO good! Reminds me personally of Keeper of the Lights~ Praline Caramel Sticky Bun candle, one of my FAVORITES! MMMM! Try them.
Are you all thinking ahead to winter? I am, I confess, I am looking to stock up on a few more warmer winter type blankets. I will be hitting the thrifts a bit more now. I have a list! LOL!
I did find a nice, red, wool blanket.
I am hoping to get a bit more of my fall stuff out, not too much but some.
Also been working on the outside as well. We are semi-close to being done with the back. It is a lot of work. I am waiting for my Sweet Autumn Clematis to bloom, it has all these little buds all over. I will share some pictures. I have to start cleaning up my gardens soon. Sadly.
Well, I will go for now, but wanted to say, I am here, just a bit distracted. I have lots of catch up to do here in blog land.
God bless you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good to see your smiling face! Yes I'm thinking ahead to winter and have been trying to stock the pantry a little more.That maple pumpkin spray yummmmy but our walmart only had 2 cans left of coarse I bought both.LoL.Glad things are settling down and life is getting as close to normal as possible.Keeping you all in prayer.Warm Blessings!~Amy
ReplyDeleteHi Renee, sounds as if you have been a busy-bee! A good pot of soup will be nice during these cool days...Hope things continue to get better! All the Best!
ReplyDeleteLoretta