Friday, February 8, 2013
Frankly speaking... (It's a pun)
Hi there all you fellow bloggers. It is Friday, I have much to do today, but thought I would share some things I purchased for future use.
I am already planning my vegetable garden this year. If you have places that you buy your seeds from and are interested in knowing~ Livingston Seeds are GMO- free. It just so happens, my work has them.
I have other seeds coming from another place~ Select seeds. This year, I plan on growing more tomatoes for making sauces and the like.
The varieties I am trying this season include: Ace 55, Amana Orange, Green German, and San Mazanto. These are Heirloom varieties.
I will also grow two types of beans~ one for canning, the other for eating.
Bush Blue Lake~ good for canning and very productive.
Round Zucchini~ haven't tried this one before, but like to try new things.
Yellow Scallop Bush squash
Bush Buttercup Squash
Kale~ dwarf Blue Scotch curled
Spinach~ Bloomsdale long-standing
Early Frosty pea.
Plus, I hope I am not too ambitious here, but I have never grown potatoes and would like to try that too.
I want to plant my herbs in a big pot this year. Basil, Thyme, and maybe something more.
The only annuals I bought to plant were the Zinnias, the Morning Glory, and the Mammoth Sunflowers, which were a huge hit with the birdies!
I tried cucumbers last year, and you know, I just don't seem to have the best luck with them.
My husband wants me to grow Rhubarb, which I don't have much experience with.
I still wouldn't mind getting some fruit bushes~ blueberries possibly. I think raspberries would be too much~ I know they spread out. I would also consider strawberries, if I can keep them in a container.
I would like to expand my garden area and make it bigger, I will have to see how he feels about this. I need more room though.
What are you excited about trying this year? For those of you that garden?
I am getting that itch to get out and play in the dirt!
I bought a bag of Peanut M&M's~ if I have a few here and there, I am good. Can't go with out chocolate!
And~ I was HAPPY to find this little treasure~ three Frank Sinatra films that I haven't seen, and look at the price! Not too bad! I like Blue eyes, his voice is the bomb in my opinion!
I have been working on my Spring ornies, I have gotten all the faces stitched now, the other parts, I will work on as I can. I am hoping to have them done by the end of the next week.
I am finding that I am a list person~ if I have a few things I can complete each day, then I am good.
I have a few more bags of stuff to drop off at the Good will store today.
Slowly whittling away at things.
I took the boys to Pizza Hut last night~ I had a veggie pizza~and I was good. They love Pizza Hut, but my goodness are they ever getting expensive!
We enjoyed spending time with one another, which is rare that we all eat at one table together. It is hard with our schedules.
Well I better get going. I have things to get done today.
Have a great weekend. I am working this weekend. I hear we are supposed to get quite a bit of snow on Sunday, so I will make sure and wear my boots to work.
God bless you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Renee, I have missed you much! I was just looking at my blog and posts and saw yours' You have quite a bit there for your garden. I would love to see how everything turns out, especially your flowers. Thanks for sharing, and I am so happy you are back. Hopefully I will be back soon...flu is awful this year...
ReplyDeleteHave a Lovely Weekend!
Warm Regards,
Loretta
Hi Renee, good thoughts thinking of a garden. You just can't beat fresh vegetables. So glad you and your sons had a wonderful time at Pizza Hut. I never get tired of pizza, could even eat it for breakfast. hugs, Lecia
ReplyDelete