Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hello- it's me.







You all most likely thought I have fallen off the face of the earth! Perhaps not, I have been busy, but I haven't gotten much to show for it so far.
I didn't have control of what pictures showed up when so I will just "wing it" which seems to be how I live my life.
The first picture is of the living room upstairs, the reason I am showing you all this, is see how the blind is only ope so far? Well, you want to guess WHY? LOL! My husband! He totally ripped it! Now, here is my dilemma, I can't afford blinds like these right now~ I really was miffed with him! He is saying something about curtains~ like REAL curtains, I am not sold on this and I have a bay window,without the seat area, so anything I do would have to be custom made. Which can equal EXPENSIVE! So, what do you think, would you put curtains in here, I would need them lined and I am not sure what kind of material to choose yet.  My pew is not staying here, in fact, I am thinking of selling it, although I am not sure on that either.
The bathroom is slow~ I have only gotten one coat painted, and then last Friday, I sprained my ankle at work, so I am sort of being forced to not do certain things. I have a brace I have to wear for the next three weeks. Yes, I am a clutz! I like the brown, it's the same color I have used in our home~ Cafe Au Laite, by Valspar.
In the midst of all this, I am trying to do some thinning out of things, it's so hard to weed things out.
If only I also weren't so easily distracted, that would help. I just don't seem to have enough time to get it all done.
I was in the Season of love swap hosted by Amy at Bumblebee Lane~ she is a kindred sister to me! She was my swap partner, and last night when I got home, I noticed a box in my husbands' office, and saw it was from Amy! She spoiled me! It made my week, which has been long so far! Look at all that she sent, I cannot choose a favorite, but the hand with the heart make-do is SO neat, it has a pocket for scissors, so I am going to hunt through and see if I can't locate some to put in there! Once I get a few other things done here, I am hoping, but dreading to tackle my craft room! I do get tired of going from space to space with my stuff, and I am not the best organizer~ you all know that by now! LOL!
I am in pretty good spirits these days, Kyle got his first job! With a company that works with people with disabilities, so he will work there three days a week at least. He still needs his license, and I am just a wreck the whole time he is driving. He has been gaining some more independence, he has his own debit card now, and he is learning how to save and mange his money, which is great!
Now, we will work on more cooking skills, he has been helping me with lists for the store and seeing/comparing what is the best value, and coupons and all that. I hope to teach him some valuable skills. It is hard for me to let go, but I am getting better. I still am always thinking about his well being at all times, and I say lots of prayers.
I am also trying to get my winter sowing somewhat in the works~ I look forward to this each year, because it is one of the ways that I get most of my perennials! With the exception of some, but I am very frugal~ that word is fast becoming a staple in my vocabulary! So, I will start that next week already! By Spring, I will have lots of new perennials to get planted! I plan to try veggies this way too.
I am one year smoke free~ and also considered now to be obese. I never thought that would happen to me, but I guess you give up one thing to have another thing hit you, so now I am debating on whether or not to join Weight Watchers online program. I cannot commit to going to meetings due to my work schedule.
I have never been this heavy in my life! I am not happy! So, that is a bit of what is happening in my world at the moment. I hope that all of you are doing fine, and I haven't been on as much, I just have to try and balance it all, and I have to say, it's hard to do, especially when you work full time. I am on facebook, but I need to wean myself off there too! I think I always feel like I am missing something, but I have to be able to get more done, so I am trying~ and I say that~ well~ you know~ I am trying to wean myself off. You can forget how much time you are there!

I hope that you all have a good weekend. I will be working all weekend. Friday is my day off, and I won't get another one until next Wednesday, so I plan on trying to get some things done. Whatever happens, happens!
Take care everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Renee~ Glad you liked your goodies! I got mine and will post either today or tomorrow.Life has been so busy lately.I need a PJ day badly..smile...The color you picked is nice.I painted my living room and bedroom that color.Hope your on the mend sweetie.When you get a second if you could send me a update on your swap info and let me know the last person before me you swapped with.I'm trying to make sure everyone gets someone new.Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you being smoke free for 1 year! Your goodies were wonderful. Love the pew and the color of your bathroom walls. Have you thought of just plain shades for the window. 10.00-20.00 at Home supply stores. I would use them and just add a valance. Your hubby and you are handy why not try shutters on the bottom half.You will figure it out, I know. Don't worry about the weight it will come off this summer when you are working in your beautiful yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color of your paint...I just painted my bathroom too...Cinnamon Sugar by Valspar.
    TGIF
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see you post again. Congrats on being smoke free for a year! YAY YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on becoming smoke free Renee...happy to see your posting also. Nice goodies too! Take care and have a great weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that you sprained your ankle! I hope it's feeling better by now. We don't realize how much we take something for granted until we can't use it anymore. The color that you are using in your bathroom is a lot like the one I have in most of my home, I love that color!

    How fun to have Amy as your swap partner! I don't own anything of hers, but I love to see all that she creates, she is so talented!

    I'm getting ready to tackle my craft area next week and I've been dreading it too so you are not alone, lol! I also keep dragging myself from area to area and it's getting old. Ready for one area to keep it all in. It's overwhelming, but I'm just gonna have to dive right in!

    Good to hear about Kyle! It's always so hard to let our kids go and watch them grow up. I keep telling mine that they are never moving out... although it would be nice to have one of their rooms for a craft room, LOL!

    Congratulations on being smoke-free for one year!! That is a huge accomplishment, definitely something to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee, WOW!! 1 yer smoke free, that is HUGE!!! congrats!!! What if you did like cafe style curtains on the bottom half the of windows at keep the blinds for the top half? Just a thought, it's never ending isn't it?
    Congrats to your son on his first job, that is WONDEFUL! OLM

    ReplyDelete