Tuesday, February 7, 2012
This and that.
How are you all doing? Are you having a nice week so far? Did everyone recover from the Superbowl? I am having an alright week so far, I am very stiff from doing this deep cleaning that we have to do at work, it's VERY dirty work, and my knees are hurting from kneeling on the concrete. I just can't take that for too long, so this old woman had to take some Aleve! I made some very yummy guacamole for the Superbowl, it was mmm~ good! LOL! I will post the recipe for you if you like.
I am also trying to get some things going for the swap, which I enjoy doing these, they are lots of fun! I am having a hard time learning more about my partner, so I am hoping that she will post more so I can get more ideas. (hint, hint) smiling.
Last Tuesday, I took a whole load of items to the thrift store to donate, SO, I decided, well, I had the itch to go to the thrift store that day. When I get those itches, there is usually a VERY good reason! I have learned to just go with it! Well, it also didn't hurt that it was sale day there. Brandon and I were off! He scored some little guys to play with, and I found some fabric, which I forgot to post a picture of, but I did on facebook. It was all homespuns, and I thought of Mary from Gettysburgh Homestead, because she is ALWAYS finding fabric! Not all of us have her luck! LOL!
Well, I looked up because they always have big pictures above the racks, and then I saw her! I looked and looked again, I rushed my cart right over as fast as I could. You aren't going to believe this, but I only paid about 32.00 for her! It's a reproduction, but I don't care! I learned that it was an Ethan Allen piece, but I LIKE her very much!
I also wanted to share that I finally got my shelves hung in the bathroom, and I changed my mind, I decided to go with the antique white ones, they just looked the best. I am still needing to paint my other bathroom, hopefully soon. I don't know why it posted twice.
I am meeting with a wellness coach tomorrow, so I will let you know how that goes. I am trying to lose weight, and so far, I have lost 7 pounds. It is a struggle, but I am in need of this, and just need my ankle to heal better before I start getting crazy with exercise.
I also was invited to join Pinterest. I had been trying, TRYING to stay away! LOL! BUT, I am now on it, so another addiction! Beautiful images. It doesn't help me to finish anything here though! I am TRYING to discipline myself more with that.
Well, I will close for now, maybe I will have more to share later. We'll see. I am not always the best, my heart has the best intentions though.
Take care everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that is a great print. very colonial. I never see those around here.
ReplyDeleteHope your ankle feels better soon!
Hard to believe they have you crawling around with a sore ankle..Glad you were able to find some goodies.Love the print! Hugs!~Amy
ReplyDeleteYes, they don't care! I know it will not be right after this, but yeah, they are really something.
DeleteI still need to do another post or two! I have an appointment soon though so I need to get busy!
Later gators!
Renee, sorry about your ankle, hope you start feeling better. Love your shelves, your displays and new print. Awesome, hugs, Lecia
ReplyDeleteRenee,
ReplyDeleteGreat find on the print!! I have no luck at the thrift stores here... THey are so over priced!!! Have a great night! OLM
Love the goodies. I have that print. Your shelves and everything else look good. Take care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteRenee~ sorry about your ankle, hoping it heals quickly~ pretty print~ and love the kitty kat~
ReplyDeletesmiles
Teresa