Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Another failed attempt~ what is wrong blogger?

I honestly don't understand why blogger is not allowing me to upload my pictures. This will not make for exciting posting for me. Well, I wanted to share some finds I got recently, but I will have to describe them I guess.
I did manage to snag my husband on Sunday to go and look for flooring, but what I found out was Sunday isn't the day to do that. We did get to one place to look, and we actually FOUND something we both liked, so we are having them come out and give us an estimate on Friday. So, the stairs will be carpeted, and the foyer will get new laminate, now what I  also did was decide to add the kitchen and dining room on. So we'll see, I haven't picked out anything for these two rooms yet, but we'll see what they say first.
I finished my swap stuff for Amy's swap had mailed that out. I have to go through more stuff, which seems to be ongoing, but  I  am working on it.
Actually, I am happy that my friend is taking our big entertainment center, it's solid oak, but it's big, and we just don't have room for it here. If that was the only thing I had, I'd be set! I want to take a few days off, but I am trying to plan when the best time to do this would be. I have some things I want to do.
My sons' job is going well, he is working 3 days a week. He still is practicing for his driving test, so he wants to wait to take it.
So we are now looking for yet another car. Long story.
So many needs, so we have to pick and choose. UGH!
I tested the onion theory~ leaving a peeled onion in a bowl in each room~ onions absorb bacteria, I think it works because I started feeling better, and I noticed when I threw them out, I started feeling badly again.
They also don't smell up your house, I just used a basic bag of yellow onions. I may have to keep doing this!
I have so much to catch up with, I am sorry. I guess there just aren't enough hours in the day for me. I have been spending a bit more time on facebook lately.
I hope that everyone is doing well. Trying to plan my gardens for the season, time to start planting soon, if you have an Ace Hardware store near you, the next two Saturdays, you can go in and get a FREE quart of FLAT based Clark and Kensington paint, you just fill out a coupon thing, that is it. They give you a 20% 0ff coupon for a future use  of the paint any style of that brand. Anyhow, I picked a nice colonial blue color, so I think I will use it to paint that bench I bought awhile back. I may go back again.
I hope that you all are having a good week so far. I feel so badly for those folks that have been hit by the storms, my mom just got the hail and bad storms. I was thankful she was alright. It's so sad.
God bless!

4 comments:

  1. Renee I am so technologically challenged, but I haven't had any problems. Just doing it the same old way, from my computer. Looks like you are going to have fun making changes in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't figure this out, it takes the pictures, but it won't attach them. I don't get it. I will have to try at some point to get my husband to look at this, I don't know when that will be. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand the needs thing. We are trying to find two super cheap cars for the kids, but we can't even find one that we can afford!! And we did our taxes and we owe this year, so no car for the kids as of right now.

    Have you tried going to picnik and editing your photos there and saving them, it will make the download smaller for blogger which may make it able for them to load. I know lots of people are having trouble lately, so hopefully they will get things straightened out soon.

    Have a good weekend,
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Renee, good to see you again! Blogger sure has issues a lot of the times but where would we be without it? I think they know that, hehe.

    New flooring... how exciting!! We NEED that in our living room and want that in the dining room and kitchen but one room at a time.

    We are actually going today, here in a few hours for my son's driving test. No car for him yet either and not looking forward to getting him on insurance, ugh! But the insurance company lady said to come in, sit down and they'll help us get the best quote and get him on all the driver's discounts they can find.

    I've not heard of the onion theory but that is very interesting! I need to tell my parents about that and also a friend that is always sick.

    Great deal about Ace Hardware, thanks for sharing! I've been thinking that I need to pick up some paint and get some rooms painted before it gets too hot.

    Nice to see you again Renee, hope you have a wonderful weekend~

    ReplyDelete