Saturday, May 26, 2012

I've been up to my ears with stuff!







And yet, feeling like I am chasing my tail! I guess I haven't had much to tell, it's just been busy for me, and I have been spending more time on facebook of late.
Anyhow, just dealing with the daily things of life. Our car needing new brakes~ and WHY do these things happen when I am driving? My oldest son, getting his license, and he is working and somewhat growing up more.
I have been dealing with some womanly issues, but am trying to get a handle on some of that, and think I may have found some answers from a good friend of mine, so anyhow, it's just not fun when you don't feel like you anymore! I have been going to the gym, and trying to change my eating, so far it has been a slow process.
Still working on the bathroom, haven't gotten much done there. It ain't easy being me! What can I say?
We have other projects ongoing and some of them you are seeing here. Some of you have seen these pictures on facebook, but for those that haven't, here are some of what we are doing.
It has rained here for the past two or three days now, we have gotten over 5" of rain now. I am sick of it! We cannot get a break to get going on this again. It is hard enough for us to get any time together as it is, so when this happens, it makes it less fun to complete these things. We are working in the back~ so we have heavy duty commercial felt laid down, this to help with some of the weeds. We have made a sort of trench with pea gravel to help the flow of the water. This area is always wet. I have Joe Pye back here, and we NEED to get this done SOON, or it's going to be next to impossible to get back here! Those babies get about 7 feet tall and 4-5 feet wide! This rain is making them GROW!
Once that is done, then we can start on the next side, which will involve taking more sod out~ this will be over 160 feet of sod removal once it is all done. I did things backwards because I am a gardener, so therefore, I am an addict to plants! I also didn't intend this taking this long to do, but it has, and now it makes a bit more work, but you trudge forward.
I have roomies~ I am the proud foster of three baby Robins! My Mourning Dove built a nest, but I think she may have realized it wasn't the best place. The finches have since moved on.
I have much in bloom~ my Peony Lane is coming on right now, and I am enjoying it as much as I can!
My arbor is getting yanked and overhauled soon. I am building a new fence for my veggie area because I have to, and I have plans for a few pieces inside the house as well.
I am thinning, re-arranging and yes, I am slow at it. I am looking forward to some time off soon, and my husband just surprised us with a two day getaway for the whole family this summer to Brainerd, Minnesota. We will stay at a resort and have access to Paul Bunyans Waterpark. I am excited, this will be the first family vacation in awhile, aside from going to my dads' a few years back. We just don't get away like this often.
I went to my first ever plant swap on Mothers Day weekend. It was so much fun! I will do it again in the fall! I came home with several things, I have yet to get planted, but I have so much to do. Anyhow, I have managed to get some things planted.
Haven't done much of any crafting, in fact, I have two dolls that I still need to finish. I have a few things in mind, but I just need the motivation to get them done.
Guess I have enjoyed social time more lately.
My best girlfriend bought me a Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea, I am excited to get this planted! I also bought another Lilac~ it had an unusual name, so I had to get it! LOL! I still have a few Clematis to get planted yet, I bought a replacement for the one my son mowed down last year. It hasn't been dry enough, long enough for me to get things finished!
I am sorry I have been a bad blogger, I just can't promise that I will always be around all the time, and if you don't comment, that is alright. I understand. I like doing all these things, there just aren't enough hours in the day to do them all!
It really needs to quit raining for a bit though so I can get some stuff done. I hope that you all are enjoying your weekend so far.  I am thankful for the soldiers, past and present that have served our nation! Thank you! God bless you!
I am shocked that I was able to figure this layout out. I am not sure I like it, but I guess you have to make do.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Renee, I know how you feel about being overwhelmed with everything. We are all just so busy it seems. Hope you start feeling better! So nice of your friend to get you that hydrangea, flowers always make me smile. Take care and do something fun for yourself, have a wonderful holiday! hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love reading your posts. Your yard is beautiful. Love that door arbor. Hope you will stick to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes sweetie life happens sometimes.I'm not on facebook just don't need another distraction..The vacation sounds exciting.Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete